Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 08:13 AM   #1
stlneese
AF Newbie

2000 Malibu turning noise/vibration

It appears that when I make a right turn, I get a loud noise that seems to come from the right wheel well and lots of vibration that I can feel from the gas pedal to the steering wheel. It only happens when I turn right, and doesn't happen every time. Any suggestions?
stlneese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:01 PM   #2
Reg Saretsky
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Reg Saretsky
Re: 2000 Malibu turning noise/vibration

I would check &change their front springs & struts AT 135,000 km at the latest.

Nov 22- evening. I heard a clunk from under my 1999 Malibu, & shortly after smelled burning rubber.

I stopped ,& the smell went away. While creeping home ( three blocks later) at 15 km/hr, BANG- the front tire blew.

One broken coil spring & I am lucky. The front coil spring on the 1999 Malibu front Strut has no retainer, so at highway speeds it could have done a H*** of a lot of damage. The spring should be designed to break inwards, so the spring ?telescopes ?, instead of shattering into fragments.

Damage Resulting: Luckily, the broken spring went through the tire at a very low speed. The Wheel, front suspension, etc, are undamaged.

HOWEVER, at highway speed, the wheel could have broken, the vehicle could have rolled.... the suspension could have been wiped out...YIKES!
, etc.
The repair is 1,250.00CDN,Plus the tire. I am replacing both sets myself to save some $$.

You could have a spring that has broken ,or has slipped off the strut retainer, or a shot top strut bearing.
Reg Saretsky is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Malibu