Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > How-to | Technical Info
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
How-to | Technical Info A wealth of information at your disposal.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 12:40 AM   #16
Sedatedbylife
AF Newbie

Re: How to change your lower intake manifold gaskets and valve cover gaskets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedatedbylife View Post
Awesome walk though. My Blazer has 138k miles on it and blow lower intake gasket so this is a major help. Thanks for the post and depth in details! I'm not nearly as intimidated by this repair as I was before this post. (have to go buy a tap and tie... grrrrr)

Thanks again!!
Would help if I actually have clicked the "quote" on the right posting lol.
Thanks for the help tho. All of u.
Sedatedbylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:59 AM   #17
BrianGuitar
AF Newbie

Exclamation Re: How to change your lower intake manifold gaskets and valve cover gaskets

Thanks So Much, what a great tutorial & pictures! I left the fan in, and left the alternator in too.

I also got a sewing pin and cleared out all around my fuel injectors then sprayed them out of the grime that was around them. I also replaced one fuel injector that was bad. It was pretty simple to take apart and put back together, about a half hour total.
BrianGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:03 AM   #18
BrianGuitar
AF Newbie

PS. I only joined this forum to THANK YOU for the great, detailed info.

I also learned that after I joined the forum, the pictures all loaded instead of links. Plus I was able to view other comments I couldn't before. So if you're not a member JOIN, it's Really Useful... Thanks Again, YOU ROCK!!! ~Bri
Old 08-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #19
Sedatedbylife
AF Newbie

Holy crap! 30 min to take all that off and replace it? it took 2 friends plus myself forever to get everything off the top of the engine and wires moved just to get the intake off! What engine do you have?!
Sedatedbylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:10 AM   #20
BrianGuitar
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedatedbylife View Post
Holy crap! 30 min to take all that off and replace it? it took 2 friends plus myself forever to get everything off the top of the engine and wires moved just to get the intake off! What engine do you have?!
NO, it took about 30 Minutes to take the top part off once I already had the entire intake off. The top part of the intake, the plastic section, I took off the gas lines, then removed the top cover and replaced one Fuel Injector.

You can reach the injectors to clean them without taking it apart, but one of mine had a small piece missing off of it, and that was the cylinder that was mis-firing. Hope that clears my comment. The whole job took me over 5 hours I think, taking some breaks it was 90 here in NJ..lol

Old 09-12-2009, 12:44 PM   #21
Blutarski
AF Newbie

Great post!
Helped the whole way, but it doesn't account for my human error. I have no idea where the plus that looks like you coolant temp sensor goes. I've looked everywhere. It's blue and the wires are black and yellow. I don't have a plug on the thermostat, so that's not it. Any help would be cool.
Oh, and I have a bolt & nut left over from what looks like the P/S braket, but I've installed all those bolts. Everythign is tight, but I can't figure out where this came from.
I hate having extra parts.
Thanks, guys

07 3.6L Passat 4 Motion Wagon - 04 6.0L Silverado 2500HD - 98 4.3L Blazer - 95 Moto Guzzi Sport 1100 - 81 Moto Guzzi CX100
Blutarski is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > How-to | Technical Info