Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Primera | G20 > General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
General news, articles, other.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-07-2002, 08:41 AM   #1
Primeraman
AF Newbie

Pleeeeease Help with Primera 2.0GX TD

I posted this on the engine forum also, thought it would be more suitable here. Please bear with me on this one. I recently bought a 2.0 GX TD Primera, in which the engine management light was coming on. I returned it to the guy I bought it from to be told a couple of days later that the injector pump was faulty. This cured the light problem but a couple of days later I noticed it was lacking power. So after bringing it back a second time he replaced the air flow meter which cured that problem. But now I notice that if I am going down the gears or if I have to break in an emergency and mainly in 3rd gear, once the rev counter goes down to about 1000 revs and I push the clutch in, more often than not the engine cuts out and other times the rev counter needle shoots down to zero and the engine just about recovers. I know 1000 revs in third is low but should the engine cut out? Is this maybe just the way the car is supposed to react? I am sorry about the length of this post but if anyone could shed some light on this I would be greatful!!!!!! P.S - I would prefer not to bring it back to the guy a third time as he tried to tell me that there was nothing wrong with it the first two times.
Primeraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 12:15 PM   #2
Zuko
AF Newbie

Re: Pleeeeease Help with Primera 2.0GX TD

I too have a 2.0 GX TD. I have a similar problem to yours in that the engine keeps cutting out. I have been told that it could be glow plugs but am reluctant to change these are they are not cheap! I was wondering if you managed to find a cure anywhere for your problem and what was it?
Zuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 01:15 PM   #3
Zuko
AF Newbie

I have been looking at the Nissan Primera Owners Club website - http://www.nissanprimera.net In the RECALL INFO section I have discovered that there are 2.5 million Nissans (Primera included) being recalled. I phoned my local Nissan dealer today and he said that all the affected owners will get a letter sent out on 1st December.

Apparently its something to do with the positioning and solder quality of some sensors in the engine management system.
Zuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 01:03 PM   #4
gxtd
AF Newbie

i have a 1998 gxtd and i think u must have its twin. your description could have been my car it's so similar. my engine management light goes on and off as it sees fit, the car drags in 1st and 2nd gear, it cuts out at the approach to roundabouts and traffic lights, it idles at about 500 revs and sounds as if its about to cut out and so on. to be honest i'm afraid to take to the nissan dealer here because they are the only dealer and can charge whatever they want for the repair bill. With regard to the recall of Nissans, the recall only applies to petrol engines, this i found out from our unfriendly Nissan dealer. I hope u get your problem fixed, if u do could u tell me how?
gxtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 08:49 PM   #5
P12_Driver
AF Newbie

Glowplugs

As far as I know, having owned a couple of diesels in my time, the glowplugs are only a starting aid when the engine is cold!
I could be wrong but............
Old 01-12-2004, 02:59 PM   #6
edd_o_brain
AF Newbie

Funnily enough we have had a whole host of similar problems with our '97 P11 2.0 Litre TD. To cut a long story short, our car in the main has had a starting problem (mainly when warm) and Nissan have spoken to a diesel specailist in Halifax called Feather's. These people have reccommended an upgrade to the diesel pump costing £250.

The diesel pump has already been reconditioned, injectors replaced, air mass meter replaced, temperature sensors replaced etc. etc.

Apparently we have a known problem which is typical of cars of this age and mileage (60k).

If anyone has any more info on Turbo Diesel P11s I would like to know! There have been numerous problems getting the right parts, so did they us a number of different engines in the P11 diesel?
edd_o_brain is offline   Reply With Quote