Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Sportage
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 04:40 PM   #1
rebelcarver
AF Newbie

Question KIA Sportage Routine Maintenance

Hello Backyard Mechanics or you lucky Profeesionals

I've been a backyard mechanic for years. I've always been able to fix problems with my cars through the years. I even rebuilt my 22r motor in my Toyota Celica. But now I'm a KIA owner and I feel like a idiot!!! I decided that I wanted to give my Sportage a tune up just to be on top of things. I bought it used so I really didn't know what had or hadn't been done to it. "BIG SUPRISE"!!! I can't find the spark plugs!!! I can't even locate a plug wire to trace it back!! Has anybody done any work on thiers? Or does anybody know how I can locate the spark plugs on this thing? I really am impressed so far with this ride and though I've read a lot of negative things about them I'm not calling it quit's. I had (still have) a Hyundia Accent that I bought back in '96 and it's got 130,000 miles on it and to this date I havn't had any major repairs. That's why I am willing to try this Korean made vehicle! So don't tell me how wrong I was in picking this vehicle just try to help me out by figuring out where the "SPARK PLUG'S" are on it!!! THANKS VPEACEI, MICK:bandit:
rebelcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 01:24 AM   #2
flyingskwerrl
Banned

There should be a KIA piece on the head. You need to remove that to get to the sparkplugs.
flyingskwerrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 10:29 AM   #3
kiagirl
AF Newbie

Question

I have a sportage and also could not find the spark plugs to change them. Did you ever have any luck with this problem?
kiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 03:23 AM   #4
irishboy
AF Newbie

Re: KIA Sportage Routine Maintenance

the spark plugs are like in the hemis the are in the middle of the engine under the air intake manifold the there is about a two inch black cover you will haveto take the manifold bolts off and shimmy it a little up so that you can slide the top of of it but make sure you tighten all the bolts when you are putting them back because a few are ground points
irishboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 06:29 PM   #5
kiagirl
AF Newbie

Re: KIA Sportage Routine Maintenance

Thanks for the info. Really helped.
Thanks
kiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote