Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Non Specific
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Non Specific This is the forum to post and generalized racing questions.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 05:37 PM   #16
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to VR43000GT
Re: Modifications list

Quote:
Originally Posted by cHo View Post
1992 Dodge Stealth RT Turbo

Exterior:
Spray can Flat Black
18x9(.5 I can't remember..) Gramlights w/ Rays Engineering ultra light race lug nuts
99 3000gt Front Bumper
99 3000gt Turn Signals
94 Stealth Glass Headlights
2nd Gen Hood
Tint
Megan Racing Coilovers
Stock Spoiler Removal

Interior:
Roll Bar
Ciance 3 gauge A pillar w/ AEM WB/Prosport Boost and EGT
Pioneer In-dash DVD

Engine:
CX Racing FMIC
CX Racing Radiator
Evo 3 16G Turbos
IPS TD05 Manifolds and Precats
Southbend Stage 4 6 puck clutch w/ IPS ultra lightweight flywheel
DSM Blacktop 450s
KN Air filter
Blitz DSBC Type R
Apexi SAFC 2
A/C deleted
MSD spark plug wires
1 piece CFDS
Custom DP combined with e-cutout and stock catback

Waiting to install:
Greddy Emanage Ultimate w/ Map Sensor and GM IAT
Spark plugs

Future:
AEM AFPR and custom fuel pressure gauge
AEM Water/Meth kit
Scanmaster 3
660s
More gauges
Custom front mount oil cooler with AN lines/fittings
And theres more but I can't think of it off the top and I gotta go...

Oh and FYI my car is completely stock and I'm just screwing around.. Yes, STOCK because its illegal to modify your car in pretty much anyway in CA. Sorry for me to have fooled any of you.

Still needs some sprayage but work in progress..

You're only getting 450cc injectors for EVO 16G's?!?! Damn son you are limiting yourself bad on that. Go with at least some 550cc's. Those things will pull like a damn freight train if you get a proper setup to go with it. A guy here in Omaha I go to school with has those on his Stealth with ~650awhp.

VR43000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:20 AM   #17
cHo
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchedStealth View Post
Lol stock...I swear it is officer!
Well i did get a ref. ticket earlier this year for aftermarket cams, modified muffler along with some other misc. bs that I don't even have on my car..
broken hood latch mod ftw..

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR43000GT View Post
You're only getting 450cc injectors for EVO 16G's?!?! Damn son you are limiting yourself bad on that. Go with at least some 550cc's. Those things will pull like a damn freight train if you get a proper setup to go with it. A guy here in Omaha I go to school with has those on his Stealth with ~650awhp.
I already had 450s in the car and am already planning to go a bit bigger. I'm already maxing out my 450s at 15psi. I would just throw in some 660cc injectors but I'm not super confident in tuning my greddy EMU by myself. And the turning up the pressure on the afpr once i get and install should allow me a little more boost. Along with some of the other future mods, I should be alright. I'll be happy if I can hit 500awhp on pump as my motor has over 170k+ on it...
I'll probably be doing a dyno before the end of the year so I can have a baseline before I start trying to make some power..

Last edited by cHo; 11-29-2009 at 08:06 PM.
cHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:11 AM   #18
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TorchedStealth

Oh yeah? Well my injectors are twice as big as yours and I make half the power! lol

I should be sittin just a tad under that 300WHP mark
2005 Saturn Ion Redline - Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors|E85|Harrop TVS1320 Blower|2.9" pulley|3" Intake|Vibrant Header and catless Downpipe|Hahn 3" catback|N2MB Wot Box w/2-step and no-lift shift|Cobra Heat Exchanger|Hurst STS|Ottp Stage 1 trans mounts|AEM EUGO Wideband|Aeroforce Interceptor|HPTuners (self tuned)|Mop Top Pros Carbon Fiber badges|B&G Springs
TorchedStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:36 PM   #19
cHo
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchedStealth View Post
Oh yeah? Well my injectors are twice as big as yours and I make half the power! lol

I should be sittin just a tad under that 300WHP mark
Yeah its sad.. Kinda like having twice the dick I do but not being able to get fully hard.. Sure the measurements impress/scare some people but we know who's really able to perform..
I'm just kidding..
I think its very cool the platform you chose to modify and what you've accomplished so far. I wish I had a chance to surprise people. Unfortunately half the people think my car is a beast and the other half think my car is slow as crap before anything even gets proven..
Old 12-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #20
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Thanks man, I still want a vr4 someday. My old stealth is my brother's now and I still drive it from time to time and love that car. I do love pushing the redline though and trying to keep up with the newest things that happen with this platform. As far as I know im one of the first 10-15 that have gone with E85 and so far couldnt be happier with the switch. I was running meth before and it was a nice bump in power after I got my tune dialed in, but this is so much more foolproof and makes even more power on E85. My favorite part with this platform has been learning to tune though. I am working with one of the leading tuners on my other forums to learn about E85 tuning and got some info and made my own tune. I have put about 10 hours into tuning this setup since last wednesday and Ive got it pretty dialed in already. I sent him my tune and he said out of the hundreds of tables on hptuners, my tune only had 18 differences from his. That made me feel pretty accomplished coming from one of the top tuners on there.

It started snowing today though so no more progress for a while, but in the spring ill be back to surprising people in the unsuspecting saturn ~290whp and ~270tq with a nice curve is pretty fun in a 2900lb car...too bad its fwd
2005 Saturn Ion Redline - Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors|E85|Harrop TVS1320 Blower|2.9" pulley|3" Intake|Vibrant Header and catless Downpipe|Hahn 3" catback|N2MB Wot Box w/2-step and no-lift shift|Cobra Heat Exchanger|Hurst STS|Ottp Stage 1 trans mounts|AEM EUGO Wideband|Aeroforce Interceptor|HPTuners (self tuned)|Mop Top Pros Carbon Fiber badges|B&G Springs
Old 12-01-2009, 11:16 PM   #21
cHo
AF Newbie

Yeah tuning is def. the hardest part which makes it so damn rewarding when you do it right. I would go e85 but theres only 1 station in all of LA so it wouldn't be the smartest choice.. Esp. cuz its nowhere near my work or house.. So meth will have to be my drug of choice..
Old 12-01-2009, 11:46 PM   #22
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Yeah when i go places I like to scope out E stations and when i was in LA i didnt see any at all. Granted its a huge place but just where i was anywhere from inglewood up to studio city i didnt see any.

Meth is a good choice too, my meth kit is lonely now lol
Old 12-01-2009, 11:49 PM   #23
cHo
AF Newbie

the only one is off of La Cienega and the 10 freeway somewhere..
Old 12-01-2009, 11:49 PM   #24
Sleepr awd
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Sleepr awd Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepr awd

Yeah with e85 I could hit 35psi or better but it's no where close and even getting 94 octane is a stretch. I'm almost better hitting the airport for 100LL or the racetrack for 110 . 91 is nasty. Had to fill up on it to get home and I'm getting more knock than ever.

Once I get it clear and set with 94 octane I should be squared. Still going to be tricky getting to 30psi.

Don't act like you don't love it.
503/2000
Sleepr awd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:56 PM   #25
cHo
AF Newbie

well atleast you don't live in CA where 91 is supreme.. because its really not all that they make it up to be...
Old 12-02-2009, 12:02 AM   #26
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Other than E85 all we get here is 91 and it sucks. No timing can be run with it. Even with meth I couldnt hit what I can on E. 91 ftl!
Old 12-02-2009, 01:42 AM   #27
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cHo View Post
well atleast you don't live in CA where 91 is supreme.. because its really not all that they make it up to be...
From what I remember, Mid MO was 91 for Supreme as well.

This is why ya'll gotta move down here to Texas. My baby gets a regular diet of Shell 93 octane.
CassiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:15 AM   #28
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

93 Octane FTW!

Except I have to drive to Iowa every time I have to fill up.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #29
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

I guess it doesnt bother me that we only have 91 here anymore since im on ~105 octane now
Old 12-02-2009, 05:35 PM   #30
VR43000GT
AF Fanatic

I should mention the exhaust system I am getting is 70lbs lighter than the stock so were going to go ahead and add "weight reduction" to the list. Plus I have a Stillen Downpipe which is remarkably lighter than the stock as it got rid of all 3 of my cats which were heavy as hell.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Non Specific