Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Impala | Impala SS
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-10-2001, 07:22 PM   #1
MercCougarXR7
AF Regular

Those nice wings from the 94-96?

Think they'll match the contour and width of the 92-97 Grand Marquis trunk? I am thinking the Marquis trunk is a bit rounder, and it won't work. But, they have the same amount of curvature from side to side, so it may be able to be bent either way to fit. I had the oportunity to follow a gorgeous Impalla from work to near my home, and I loved it. Heads were turning at both his car, and mine. 2 Big black beauties with nice exhaust cruising down the road....

I really want a wing though, a real subtle one - not something off a mustang. I may have to wait though if they don't fit until they make the one on the Kenny Brown Cobra Vic .

2000 LS8 Sport, 1992 XR7 5.0 HO
MercCougarXR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2001, 10:21 PM   #2
VicenteFox
AF Newbie

not likely, nice car though.

what year is you xr7? my best friend just got his 69 running and he just joined a cougar club. he is wanting to put some mods in so maybe you can lend some info that i can relay to him.
VicenteFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2001, 09:42 AM   #3
MercCougarXR7
AF Regular

Sorry bout' that - I meant for my Marquis . I'm going to look into it further at the CrownVic and Impalla boards. As for helping the gentleman with tht 69 - I know absolutely nothing tech wise about them, except that they are beautiful cars. I wish him the best with it .

Old 09-11-2001, 09:49 AM   #4
MercCougarXR7
AF Regular

I am an idiot... The Cougar is a 92 (old now, but she was only 5 when I got her at age 18), and is Black with Black leather, and Black interior. Blacked out windows, and the tail-lights are sprayed with a tint too. Then, there are headlight covers . She has a 5.0L HighOutput engine, and she flys.

Check her out:

The wheels on it are 16", and if I don't scrape up the money for 17" wheels, I'll find some beat-up 7 spoke 16" cougar rims and have them professionally painted black. I can always run those stiff tires that police cars use (but forget the name). They are 16" and ride like complete crap, but they have very little flex in the side wall.