Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 01:22 PM   #1
Truk21
AF Newbie

Angry what is this?

Hey folks,

A few weeks ago my girlfriends "mechanic" came over to "fix" my car. Well, he did much more damage than good. There is a wire/plug hanging and I can't find where it goes. Its driving me crazy. I have searched the internet for wiring diagrams but can't find them. I have tried to use my hayne's repair manual...but no luck. Take a look and let me know. Thanks
Kurt

pictures are at:

http://angelicanovoa.blogspot.com/
Truk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 01:34 PM   #2
Truk21
AF Newbie

oh, yeah

To furter complicate things...my check engine light does not work. I can't check what is wrong with the engine (and there is something very wrong).
Old 02-07-2005, 04:56 PM   #3
i3o2Matt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to i3o2Matt Send a message via Yahoo to i3o2Matt
Re: what is this?

hmm...what about that red connector right above it? maybe it connected into that connector down below it to? the one where it has the "ghetto" hook up?? i do NOT like how those wires are bare like that...wires are insulated for a reason...to me it looks almost as if he took out that red connector and ran new wires...then replaced the connector...one reason the car isn't runnin so good is that the wires are bare...at the very least put black electrical tape over those bare wires...they are seperate for a reason...

and you can still hook up the scan tool to ur car to check what is wrong...it doesn't matter if the check engine light is on or not...
Old 02-07-2005, 09:31 PM   #4
Truk21
AF Newbie

well..
I have looked for many hours looking for where that plug is supposed to go. It is not the red plug above. The wires are bare because the guy who was "fixing" my car broke them. I didn't rewire or change anything. The red plug is another wire totally. I don't drive this car on the road yet, I have another car and a bike. I bought this for my brother. I am trying to fix this for him. I don't want to go and buy the service book just to find out where this wire is supposed to go. The car is not running bad because of the bare connections, it is not running right because it has a bad coil pack (and who knows what else). I just wanted to know if anyone knows what this connector plugs into.

and for the second question
How/where do I find a scan tool for my car?
Old 02-08-2005, 10:06 PM   #5
i3o2Matt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to i3o2Matt Send a message via Yahoo to i3o2Matt

any auto parts store can run codes on the car...some might let you borrow the scanner...i dont know...but either way...i'd cover up those bare connections...i'd need to see the car in person in order to be able to help you...
Old 02-09-2005, 08:28 AM   #6
Nahkapohjola
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truk21
well..
I have looked for many hours looking for where that plug is supposed to go. It is not the red plug above. The wires are bare because the guy who was "fixing" my car broke them. I didn't rewire or change anything. The red plug is another wire totally. I don't drive this car on the road yet, I have another car and a bike. I bought this for my brother. I am trying to fix this for him. I don't want to go and buy the service book just to find out where this wire is supposed to go. The car is not running bad because of the bare connections, it is not running right because it has a bad coil pack (and who knows what else). I just wanted to know if anyone knows what this connector plugs into.

and for the second question
How/where do I find a scan tool for my car?

What kind of truck u have?

If Maxima: ECU needs no scanner; go & login to www.autozone.com

The connector has a mate, ask help or get better pics.

U can try to clean/dry/lacquer the coilpacks.

Maxima INFO pages was deliberately trashed (!?) by Cardomain; dont goto http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507

There was a special Car Electronics -page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/14
Nahkapohjola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 10:03 AM   #7
Truk21
AF Newbie

Thanks for the scanner tip, I will go try autozone now. As for the pictures, better ones are not needed. New picutres will not show a place for the plug. (It's a 99 max) I posted on another maxima board and about 6 other people had the same wire hanging. I know, weird. I have looked all over that engine to find the connection...found nothing. I don't know what to think.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:24 PM   #8
Nahkapohjola
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truk21
Thanks for the scanner tip, I will go try autozone now. As for the pictures, better ones are not needed. New picutres will not show a place for the plug. (It's a 99 max) I posted on another maxima board and about 6 other people had the same wire hanging. I know, weird. I have looked all over that engine to find the connection...found nothing. I don't know what to think.

The -93 has Knock Sensor test plug & some others for testing. Might be thats the case if others claim the same.

ECU location most possibly the same as here:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/748507/15

Maxima INFO pages was deliberately trashed (!?) by Cardomain; dont goto http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507

There was a special Car Electronics -page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/14
Nahkapohjola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 02:35 PM   #9
infinman
AF Enthusiast

Gimme the colour codes off the wires.
infinman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35