Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > S-10
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 08:44 PM   #1
masterjess
AF Newbie

S-10 Replacing wire speakers. Please Help

I have 1992 S-10 pickup with 4.3L My passenger side speakers doesn't work. front and rear. I ohm it with voltmeter where my radio receiver speaker wires. The right side wires speaker are open. The left side wires were reading as 10 ohms. So, I assuming that right side speaker wires were bad. My problem is, I don't know how to access the front speaker. I tried to remove inside of club compartment's cover but, I don't have really access to the front speaker. Any suggestion are gratefully appreciated.
masterjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:15 AM   #2
Nasty_Nate
AF Newbie

Re: S-10 Replacing wire speakers. Please Help

well, depending on where it was put together, you'll need a torx bit or a philips screw driver (probably the torx). Get the two screws out, then get a flat screwdriver, or preferebly a 90* pick and pry under where the screws where. that'll pop the speaker and grill out. It's only two screws per side, and they are closest to the driver. The speaker also sits on two hooks, that when you get the speaker up, all you have to do is pull the speaker towards you, and it'll come right out. now the wires are short, and it's a pain in the rear to really get any distance outta them. so the best bet could be just to run new wires under the dash. There's not much behind the dash so this shouldn't be too big of a problem. I took the gage cluster out to run new wires for my pioneer 6x8 plates, and once i got that assembly outta the way it was cake. And removing that is not hard either. should be 2 screws on the heater controll, and two more on the light switch. Then you can get the rest of the screws on the gages, it pulls out as one big unit, and is pretty easy to put back in once done. should only take a couple of hours your first time. Done this a few too many times, on way too many of these things.
Nasty_Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 05:27 PM   #3
masterjess
AF Newbie

I didn't know that I can pull the speaker out from the top. I will try it and I will run new wires. Thanks a bunch.
Old 04-06-2006, 07:00 PM   #4
masterjess
AF Newbie

Thanx a whole bunch. I didn't know that I can pry the speakers' cover, it was easy if you have helper. It had bad speakers so I've replaced it with pioneer.Front speakers has 4x6 and the rear speakers has 4x10 which is hard to find, they told me that they don't make that size anymore but, I was lucky enough to find a used pioneer.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:25 AM   #5
Nasty_Nate
AF Newbie

Rock on. Yeah, my Jimmy was easier to find speakers for. 6x9's work great there with a little bit of coaxing. If yu're looking for a new pair of speakers, You could try crutchfield. I know there's not a whole lot to choose from anymore since the 4x10 isn't used in anything anymore, but i'm sure somebody has them in a warehouse sitting somewhere. any other interior questions you got, i can help you out. I've done more than my fair share.
Nasty-out
Nasty_Nate is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > S-10