Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 12:46 PM   #1
ZoomZoomMX-5
AF Fanatic

Cool Monogram Ferrari 308 GTB

The underdog of Ferrari models, and it's really a nice kit. Very, very simple but they did a good job on getting the lines of the car. I don't think anyone's done a perfect 308..Gunze's wasn't bad, but I don't like fussy things like opening doors. The first time I ever saw a 308 I was mesmerized. It was a silver GTB w/red interior. Gorgeous lines, still look fantastic today.

These models aren't always easy to find, at swap meets they're still relatively cheap. I also have the racer version w/fender flares...that'll be a fun tuner Ferrari.

Here you can see two flaws, one mine...one Monogram's. I peeled some paint on the C pillar after painting the side window trim, and even though I saved some of the enamel paint I mixed, the repair isn't the best. Oh well...

The other is the decklid area...it's kind of flat, where there is some crown to the deck on the real car. They also made the depressions for the taillamps too close to the center of the car...simply cut the tabs off the lamps and glue them outboard and it looks quite good, a lot better than boxcover pics. I also robbed a parts kit of Revell's 308 GTS for the period-correct Pirelli tires to replace Monograms ubiquitous TRX's.
ZoomZoomMX-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 01:14 PM   #2
Veyron
AF Fanatic

Talking Next

Grrrrrr! Why haven't I built mine yet! Guess it's follow the leader! Fine execution! (Green with envy)
Veyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 01:21 PM   #3
ZoomZoomMX-5
AF Fanatic

And you were the one who told me and showed me that the Monogram kit was the best 308 body out there

No excuses...it's like the easiest kit in the world to build. Hop to it :apoke:
Old 09-13-2002, 01:28 PM   #4
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
I just saw one on the road on Monday. Yours looks just as fine.
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 04:28 PM   #5
daggerlee
AF Fanatic

Nice color, awesome car, I remember seeing a 308 on eBay a few weeks ago with only 10k miles.

daggerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 04:36 PM   #6
S Brake
Ferrari Guy

that looks fabulous! but whats with the lack of red Ferraris? its making enzo sad
Old 09-13-2002, 04:47 PM   #7
ZoomZoomMX-5
AF Fanatic

Enzo sad?

Quote:
that looks fabulous! but whats with the lack of red Ferraris? its making enzo sad
Thanks! Hehe I have a definite opinion on red Ferraris. I probably won't build any more. I like the older blood red (Rosso Corsa?) much better, the newer cars in red look like big model cars...Ferraris don't have the greatest paint jobs either. And when I see one in a great metallic color, that's what my eyes are drawn to. They just look far sexier to me in metallic colors, yellow, white, black than red. I'm weird that way. I only like wagons in red:buck

I've drooled over the color selector at the local Ferrari dealer. They have so many colors and combinations it would make your head spin.

I'll post my only red Ferrari model soon. It does look great...you can't go wrong w/the 288! Pretty much the ultimate 308...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street