Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 08:06 PM   #1
cynergy762
AF Newbie

1995 camaro

im about to buy a 1995 camaro Z28. im looking to upgrade the engine components for a reasonable price. ide like to boost the hp and torque to around 425/450. the car has a brand new tranny and most of the components are in decent mechanical shape. i am deffinately redoing the exhaust and the intake with a new ram air hood. what else can i do that would be as or more cost efficient as doing the lt1 to lt4 changeover? or would the changeover be worth it? eventually im going to add a supercharger but i want to make it much faster without it first. Pretty much i would like to be able to burn any srt, ricer, mustang that i stop next to. i realize that there will always deffinately be someone faster but it would be nice to shut some people up. any help would be great. thanks.

Last edited by cynergy762; 12-30-2008 at 05:17 AM.
cynergy762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #2
kws_95camaroz28
AF Newbie

Arrow Re: 1995 camaro

450 hp out of a LT1 can cost a lot of $ the best start to get you on your way would be the LT4 Swap ( cam, heads, intake) cold air intake, hypertech programmer 3, boost your ignition (msd Opti, and ign. box or accel opti 2 with ign. box) bigger injectors, and throttle body, To just name a few, You name it they make it... Hope this helps and get you on your way...
kws_95camaroz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 08:10 PM   #3
poormillionaire2
AF Enthusiast

Re: 1995 camaro

Don't waste your money on an LT4 conversion. You can get better H/C/I combos for less. Plus, LT4 parts are hard to find because they don't make the heads or valvetrain for it anymore. And there are more efficient cams out there than the hotcam.

Lloyd Elliot is a great way to go for N/A power. But if you plan on getting a supercharger later, I would wait on upgrading parts. Or else you will be buying the same thing twice to get the most out of it.

Current Car
2003 Monte Carlo SS

Sold
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 500R
poormillionaire2 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions