Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > SC300/SC400/SC430/Soarer
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 11:58 PM   #1
opoeno
AF Newbie

importing a soarer/aristo

I was wondering if anybody knew a way to import Artistos or Soarers from Japan to the U.S. I am going to buy one while here in Japan and was told that Toyota can write me a letter stating that the car meets safety standards. All I would have to do then is have it shipped over. Does anyone know if there is truth to this.

:flash:
opoeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 09:30 AM   #2
Hudson
Old Mod

The only way you can do that is if you do what's called a "tourist delivery." In that case, you won't buy a Soarer or Aristo...you'll get a Lexus SC or GS. You'd have a very tough time importing a Toyota Soarer or Aristo into the US. I don't see the benefit of buying the Toyota models over the Lexus models.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 01:52 AM   #3
Jeff Soarer
AF Newbie

Leaving aside your import regulations and safety laws, you would get a lot more bang for your buck with a JDM Soarer.

If you got a UZZ32 model you would get 4WS, Hydraulic Active Suspension, reversing camera, multi vision display (read TV), Traction Control, digital dash... and Right Hand Drive!!

Or if you got a JZZ30 you would get a 2.5litre Twin Turbo beastie that would blow your sox off!

I know of one guy in Texas that did bring one in and he is having heaps of problems because he cannot get the crash figures on a JDM car.
Jeff Soarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 06:56 PM   #4
Leon Millette
AF Regular

hey there is a guy on clublexus selling his soarer in Florida, USA

check the for sale section

Thank you,
Leon Millette
Legendary Legendz CC
President and Founder

Leon Millette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 02:50 AM   #5
Sportivo Concepts
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Sportivo Concepts
Re: importing a soarer/aristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson
The only way you can do that is if you do what's called a "tourist delivery." In that case, you won't buy a Soarer or Aristo...you'll get a Lexus SC or GS. You'd have a very tough time importing a Toyota Soarer or Aristo into the US. I don't see the benefit of buying the Toyota models over the Lexus models.
You can import any vehicle made as long as you know what your doing and have the cash. You do not have to do the "tourist delivery", heck I never even heard of it and I have been importing for years now. What you maybe thinking of is the option to take a car with you while you travel overseas for an extended stay.

Lexus vehicles up till a couple of months ago were all imported from Japan Canada just started building the RX,

Second buying the Toyota (JDM version) you are gonna get more power and better fuel econ out of it. Plus alot more options, I have a JDM Soarer from 91 that came stock with Toyota TV with Nav and AWD.

Third, buying a Toyota made in the US compared to buying one made in Japan the US one is gonna be poorer quality than its Japanese counterpart (thats goes for any Toyota that is built both in Japan and US).

The cost to import one and have it conform to US standards doesn't cost that much, plus all the cars I get is only $180 US for freight charges.
Sportivo Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 03:19 AM   #6
Jeff Soarer
AF Newbie

I assume you mean AWS not AWD, no Soarer was made as AWD.

If that is the case, than you have UZZ32 which has the active suspension, very rare and highly technically advanced, even by today's standards.
Jeff Soarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 04:20 AM   #7
stevezz30
AF Newbie

jzz30 soarer 5 speed

I have a twin turbo soarer factory 5 speed manual ,rare full option L package..electric seats,sunroof ,abs,srs,cruise,bilstien coilovers,blitz pod filter,17in alloys reluctantly for sale @$17,000 USD ...freight from australia is $2600 USD
photo @ vehicle photograph section ..pearl white, this user name
stevezz30 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > SC300/SC400/SC430/Soarer