Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 08:31 AM   #16
Turbo711
AF Newbie

Re: Question about an engine swap

Hey, I always wanted to do an S15 swap, but the money prevented me. the six-speeds are stronger than most people think, and the internals are strong enough for any decent car (track or drift) VTC, though it is cool (but a pain), can be deleted/disabled.
Turbo711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 09:04 AM   #17
cficare68
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Question about an engine swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SXSlideStar
there is a rear end on these cars, not like your Eclipse. :-P btw, the stock S15 driveshaft fits.
This I already realized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftking777
I would say go with a black top s13...lower miles. strong internals, 5 speed tranny holds more whp. dont need to swap rear end. and it also doesnt have vvt, which makes tuning the thing a bitch...so all in all you would save aprox $2,000 on the motor alone, that could be used for a bigger turbo, and internal work. good luck
Ok yeah that actually sounds like a better option. What is the difference between the s13 black top and the s13 red top if any. On paper they pretty much seemed the same to me. Is there any real difference between the 2.

Quote:
if he actually wants a dyno queen then i have lost all respect for him and refuse to answer any other questions that he has, unless it's to explain to him how gay dyno queens are.
I don't necessarily want the car to be strickly a dyno car to see how much horsepower I can get out of it. Mainly I want to make it into something that has a pretty good amount of power (around 450-500rwhp) that I can take to my local drag strip and race, however I do want it to look nice and to be street legal. So probably more of a fast show car since I would be parking in it the fall and winter months.
2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT Debagged, 18" MKW Rims, 5% Tint, Ralliart Eyelids, Outlaw Racing IM and TB Spacers, Ingals "Stiffy", Energy Suspension Polyurethane Motor Mounts, Tanabe Lower Tie/Strut Bars, Progress Rear/Eibach Front Sway Bar, D2 Racing Lowering Springs, RRE Headers and Axelback, AEM CAI w/ Bypass, 12000k HID Heads, 3000k HID Fogs, Sunroof Wind Visor, Drilled/Slotted Front/Rear Rotors, and Ceramic Brake Pads.
cficare68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 02:59 PM   #18
orestes
AF Fanatic

s13 redtop was older and had weaker internals i believe 54J or something the ones you want that are stronger in the s13 blacktop on are 54C (i think i got the C and J right someone plz correct me if im wrong) but the numbers you are shooting for are right at the brink for even the stronger ones so if you are going to do internals it wont matter.

"I got that hustle in my genes like high blood pressure" -E-40
orestes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 03:40 PM   #19
cficare68
AF Enthusiast

Ok so on the S13 Black Top how much horsepower can I expect to run on stock internals.
2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT Debagged, 18" MKW Rims, 5% Tint, Ralliart Eyelids, Outlaw Racing IM and TB Spacers, Ingals "Stiffy", Energy Suspension Polyurethane Motor Mounts, Tanabe Lower Tie/Strut Bars, Progress Rear/Eibach Front Sway Bar, D2 Racing Lowering Springs, RRE Headers and Axelback, AEM CAI w/ Bypass, 12000k HID Heads, 3000k HID Fogs, Sunroof Wind Visor, Drilled/Slotted Front/Rear Rotors, and Ceramic Brake Pads.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:32 PM   #20
orestes
AF Fanatic

umm over 400 but i dont remember by how much.. lemme see if i can find out.

Old 12-07-2005, 05:02 PM   #21
Skylindrftr
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Skylindrftr

it's 400 avg depending on mileage, condition etc
Skylindrftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 08:45 PM   #22
cficare68
AF Enthusiast

So what would be the biggest turbo that I could use on the stock internals???
Old 12-07-2005, 09:05 PM   #23
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Hit_N_Run-player

what do you mean "biggest"? Do you know anything about turbochargers? Thats a very broad question and could mean a lot of things.

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Hit_N_Run-player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 10:30 PM   #24
cficare68
AF Enthusiast

I don't see how it is that hard of a question. On the stock internals what is the biggest turbo the motor can handle safetly without blowing it up. I understand the concept of the turbo. What I don't understand is your question.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:06 PM   #25
240SXSlideStar
AF Enthusiast

You are clueless to what a turbo is, the different sizes of the different parts of a turbo and yoyur question is just stupid, no wonder you have no performance mods on your Eclipse. (If you say your CF exhaust is a performance mod......god help us...)

JDM Racing Motors inc
Montreal, Canada
www.jdmracingmotors.com
240SXSlideStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:12 PM   #26
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Hit_N_Run-player

Quote:
Originally Posted by cficare68
I don't see how it is that hard of a question. On the stock internals what is the biggest turbo the motor can handle safetly without blowing it up. I understand the concept of the turbo. What I don't understand is your question.
I never said it was hard, i said it was broad. Meaning it covers a large field of questions that can be more defined. And you must not know very much of anything of turbochargers to ask that question. If you do, give me the specs on the largest turbo you would go with. And i dont want to start this into a flame war, but you probably going to get harsh education if you cant even understand my question, yet you ask about turbochargers that are much more complex. Understand?

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Hit_N_Run-player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 01:00 AM   #27
orestes
AF Fanatic

largest turbo you can run = the largest one you can fit under your hood.

you just cant run it in anywhere near its efficiency range.

Old 12-08-2005, 01:50 AM   #28
Skylindrftr
AF Enthusiast

mabye he means largest output, in that case there are many turbos you can use because you can just limit the boost etc and just have it make around 400ps, of course itd be dumb to get a huge turbo and do that, you need to get one that will fit what kinda of racing/driving you plan to do etc...whatever conditions it must meet...
Old 12-08-2005, 07:19 AM   #29
cficare68
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
You are clueless to what a turbo is, the different sizes of the different parts of a turbo and yoyur question is just stupid, no wonder you have no performance mods on your Eclipse. (If you say your CF exhaust is a performance mod......god help us...)
No I don't consider a fart can a performance mod it was on the car when I bought it. Have a Greddy Evo 2 Catback order for it I am just waiting for it to come in. No I am not clueluss to what a turbo is. Now granted I do not know alot about turbos but I do know the basic concept of what a turbo does. What turbo comes stock with the S13 Blacktop SR20det. I guess what I should be asking is how many PSI of boost can the stock internals handle.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:23 PM   #30
Skylindrftr
AF Enthusiast

the s13 black top comes with a t25g garret turbo, which some people boost to 15psi max, but id say keep it at around 11...or .8 bar or whatever
The amount of psi you can run depends on the your fuel setup, which includes inj, pump and what kinda of fuel you are running. It also depends on the conpression ratio etc...

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX