Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 01:13 PM   #1
srm2000mac
AF Newbie

What to look for

I have the opportunity to buy a 1990 240sx with an sr20det already swapped. The car is at a dealer only auction, which i have access to, and any of the other dealers there will only buy it like it's an normal 240 with the KA in it. were thinking it will only go for 800-1500$. I drove it and it seems fine. What are some things i should look out for.
srm2000mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 04:26 PM   #2
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

Re: What to look for

rust.
ummm
check the install to make sure everything was done properly. most of the time a clean install is a good install.

drive it hard too. i was thinking of buying this 1992 turbo prelude a while ago and i drove it and it seemed fine until i stepped on it and it wouldnt go past 3500 rpm at all. guy said the fuel pump was crapping out. i dunno it probably had more problems than that though.

are you any good at diagnosing and fixing issues? that would make it more appealing because then you could just fix anything that did happen to pop up.

otherwise, it sounds like a good deal

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 04:56 PM   #3
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Hit_N_Run-player

yeah, 800-1500? thats crazy cheap. Too bad your so far away, shit id look into buying that if it really goes for that much (doubtful though)

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Hit_N_Run-player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 05:25 PM   #4
D-Bo
AF Enthusiast

since the car already has an sr in it, there could be major problems. when sr's crap out, they CRAP OUT. if you've got the resources to fix it then yeah get it, as long as the body is in good shape.. even if the engine is crapped out, buy it for the body, $1000 is cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVteC_PoWeR
to me when i really look at it hondas just too expensive and theres not much power even after you spend loads of money...

http://www.cardomain.com/id/dbo240

***LOOKING FOR A COUPE, ENGINE IS NOT AN ISSUE***
D-Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 11:57 PM   #5
RaidenKing
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to RaidenKing Send a message via Yahoo to RaidenKing

just see how it performs on stock boost and if it breaks up on higher boost then it's probably hasn't had walbro 255 put in. Then when you get it, have the oil, plugs, everything changed. I had a coilpack crap out on me yesterday, #4 was one unhappy cylinder.

If it even goes for 1,500 thats a pretty good deal, with the money you're saving you could fix it up nicely if it needed it. As others have said, rust is a big thing to look for, especially on the s13
Near Future - 5 lug conversion w/ z32 brakes installed and decent lsd.
RaidenKing is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX