Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 12:41 PM   #31
AWDSR20
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AWDSR20 Send a message via MSN to AWDSR20
Re: 326whp/308wtq at 12psi.

man u need to open a KA-T shope bro... trust me u will make $$$!

E.K.
AWDSR20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 09:49 PM   #32
Pavlo
AF Enthusiast

Suspension! lol. Fanatic, you have one of the best cars on here, but damn 150mph on stock suspension, breaks etc. Need to have balls to do that. On my civic I never go over 110 (well thats cause it take a while to go any faster lol) but if it could I would think about suspension for sure.

And the tire pressure is alright at that PSI, less roll. If it is in the rear= more oversteer, front=understeer. Plus higher speeds require higher pressure (to an extent of course).
I drive on freeways pretty often, I usually run (cold) 33 front, 35 rear. Thats in the morning in cold weather. Usually goes up to about 40psi on hot wheels.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:04 PM   #33
Tims_240
AF Enthusiast

congrats on the numbers bro..
very good for that psi for sure.
when are you rebuilding? im in the process right now, might as well the 240 is down for the winter...
im not going any lower than 9:1 compression just for the fact that i dont want to lose that much power off of the line with a gt35r turbo, not gonna help getting off the line much.
what are your plans as far as your rebuild goes? what kind of pistons rods, ect.
you planning on getting any cams or anything like that? i know you said before you wanted to auto x your car, whats your hp goals? still keeping the same turbo?
-tim

mods list: t3/t04e, iap oil lines, iap i-c piping, xspower i-c, z32 mafs, enthalpy tuned ecu, 615cc injectors, s14 tomei fuel pump, blitz DD bov, tial 38mm w/g, BD exhuast mani./downpipe, Spec StageIII clutch .
.s13 power.

power estimate at ~ 270 whp @ 11 psi.
Tims_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 10:09 PM   #34
240SXSlideStar
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tims_240
congrats on the numbers bro..
very good for that psi for sure.
when are you rebuilding? im in the process right now, might as well the 240 is down for the winter...
im not going any lower than 9:1 compression just for the fact that i dont want to lose that much power off of the line with a gt35r turbo, not gonna help getting off the line much.
what are your plans as far as your rebuild goes? what kind of pistons rods, ect.
you planning on getting any cams or anything like that? i know you said before you wanted to auto x your car, whats your hp goals? still keeping the same turbo?
-tim
Your saying that like if time was the only thing you needed to do a rebuilt. lol

JDM Racing Motors inc
Montreal, Canada
www.jdmracingmotors.com
240SXSlideStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 11:06 PM   #35
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Hit_N_Run-player
Re: Re: 326whp/308wtq at 12psi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SXSlideStar
Your saying that like if time was the only thing you needed to do a rebuilt. lol
Yeah, lol..money? Damn thats nice power. Good job. Are you going to keep running the TO4E if you do auto X?

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Hit_N_Run-player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 02:52 PM   #36
Tims_240
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
it is... i dont drive my car i dont waste money on gas, or insurance, and then i can save for a rebuild....

mods list: t3/t04e, iap oil lines, iap i-c piping, xspower i-c, z32 mafs, enthalpy tuned ecu, 615cc injectors, s14 tomei fuel pump, blitz DD bov, tial 38mm w/g, BD exhuast mani./downpipe, Spec StageIII clutch .
.s13 power.

Old 12-05-2005, 04:32 PM   #37
240SXSlideStar
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: 326whp/308wtq at 12psi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tims_240
it is... i dont drive my car i dont waste money on gas, or insurance, and then i can save for a rebuild....
Well I dunno how many people here make like 4000$ spare money in a winter.

JDM Racing Motors inc
Montreal, Canada
www.jdmracingmotors.com
240SXSlideStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:11 PM   #38
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

I'm not rebuilding anytime soon. Kinda lost sight of that when I rode in Brian's(orion) S14(http://www.ka24development.com is his website). We pulled out and he took it to like 110 pretty easily. Obviously its not quite as fast as my car, but he makes up for it, trust me. So we are doing like 110 and coming up on a car quick. I thought he was gonna pass, but he said "nah, thats not too safe" and then hit the brakes. I went right into the seat belt like no other... Then while we were heating up the tires, man, his car will throw you from side to side like nothing... So I was like "I want my car to do that!" lol

But as far as when I ever do rebuild, I'll prolly go:

Wiseco 8.5:1 (.020" over)
Pauter rods
ARP rod bolts and head studs
balanced rotating assembly
magnafluxed block
decked block and head
everything else to factory spec.

If I had time/money to do cams, I would... But I must say that if my block was ready to go together and in my car, I would undoubtedly just throw that biatch together with stockers.haha

Cams are one of the next power mods on my list. One other thing that Brian's car had that I loved.... Power to 7000rpm... mmmm....

I only want to do lower compression ratio because I like to make power on pump gas on the street.

For building boost, you should do a two step....That will get you off the line quick!

Yea I am keeping the same turbo. My goals are still 400whp on the street/pump gas. This turbo will do very well for Autox.

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:05 PM   #39
Pavlo
AF Enthusiast

Whats magnafluxed block? Never heard of that. If I ever build a 240 I would go with 8.5>X<9.0 compression and everything else similar to yours.
But I also really love handling, so I would definitely invest in coilovers, wide wheels, sways and breaks.

The guy you posted (Brian) has a really nice s14. Nicely balanced between power and suspension. Looks pretty good too.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:14 PM   #40
TatII
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavlo
Whats magnafluxed block? Never heard of that. If I ever build a 240 I would go with 8.5>X<9.0 compression and everything else similar to yours.
But I also really love handling, so I would definitely invest in coilovers, wide wheels, sways and breaks.

The guy you posted (Brian) has a really nice s14. Nicely balanced between power and suspension. Looks pretty good too.

magnafluxing is a way of checking for microscopic cracks that you can't see with the naked eye.

and yeah definitly go for brakes and suspension. but cory, when orion hit the brakes at 110mph, didn't he look the tires? i know if i hit the brakes hard enough, i'll just skid and have to do the human abs thing.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
TatII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 08:09 PM   #41
Tims_240
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: 326whp/308wtq at 12psi.

Quote:
Well I dunno how many people here make like 4000$ spare money in a winter.
$4000?? you're getting taxed man.... i plan on spending around $2000 little bit less prolly.

cory: you could get a 48 a/r housing with a 57 trim, for auto x, that would prolly work better, just depends on the track i guess, but either way it will still be good...
lol, if i had all of my motor put together and all my parts except for cams, id be like screw that and id throw it in there too. even though i want some real bad, i dont think thats gonna happen any time soon.

-tim

.s13 power.

Old 12-05-2005, 08:55 PM   #42
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

The 57 trim won't work better. 50trim is the BEST sized turbo for the KA. And I get plenty quick spool with the .63ar housing.

No... orion's tires hook pretty well(Kuhmo MXs).lol Plus he can drive damn good.. I'm getting to the point where I can brake while hearing a very slight chirp. Right on the edge of traction loss...

His car is very clean. He has a lot of mods that you wouldn't see unless you looked for them.. But damn... He only loses to the vettes, but I mean.. they're vettes... with race tires... and he's on street tires. What can you expect? Brian can fucking drive, and thats that.

12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
Old 12-08-2005, 10:11 PM   #43
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

New, clear pics are up.

12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX