Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 12:42 PM   #1
mk3jk
AF Newbie

Wink best way to get out of ticket?

i was wondering if you get a speeding ticket in viriginia and u go to get ur calibrated and then go to court if u calibration is off by just a few mph then u were techincally still speeding. but can u get ur speed cable replaced or speed sensor i heard the acura integra has this thanks (and no i am not trying to get out of a ticket its for my friend) plz help bascially he doesnt want it to go on his insurance. and improper equipment does not go on ur insurance. thanx
mk3jk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 01:44 PM   #2
whtteg
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to whtteg
Re: best way to get out of ticket?

This might help click
Old 04-30-2004, 09:17 PM   #3
crash&burn
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to crash&burn
what part of VA do u live in? i'm fron the D.C area
crash&burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 03:08 PM   #4
BigBoyB
AF Regular

i just went to traffic school in CA for speeding red light, yea it was a fat ticket, but they said it is basically imposible to fight and win a speeding ticket. they did say though that you can go to court and tell the judge that you are not fighting the ticket but tell them that you have financial difficulties and they will most likely lower the fine.
Old 05-01-2004, 03:42 PM   #5
CivicSpoon
There is no Spoon

that's garbage, always plead not guilty and get a lawyer to take care of it; they should drop it down to a non-moving violation ($120-150 with no points on your license). But of course a traffic school will tell you not to fight it, that's where police stations make a lot of their $$$ from; tickets. My buddy got 10 tickets last summer and pled not-guilty to all of them; all except maybe 1 or 2 were lowered to non-moving violations. I'm in NY though so maybe it's different in other states (like CA that i've heard is pretty tough).
CivicSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 03:51 PM   #6
mk3jk
AF Newbie

i live in suffolk. have u ever thought about calabrated or take somewhere and have them replace the speed cable? will this work?
Old 05-01-2004, 04:47 PM   #7
SniperX13
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to SniperX13

best way to get out of the ticket is not to get one jk, but be careful that way, if you go and show that your vehicle is not right, some places have been known to slap a fine if your speedometer is off by so much.
Old 05-01-2004, 09:52 PM   #8
RSX-S777
AF Enthusiast

Thought I read a post awhile back...Something about obtaining the officer's monthly training dates and requesting a court date that corresponds so he is unable to show. Don't know if it's even possible...just thought I'd throw that meatball out there and see how it rolls...

I've got a fever. And the only prescription is more cowbell...
RSX-S777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 04:13 AM   #9
hybrid180
AF Newbie

If you get a ticket in CA, this site has a lot of great info on getting out of tickets: click. I have personally used the site to get out of two speeding tickets, one while doing 70 in a 35 mph zone. One thing is for sure, is that you have to do a lot of research to get out of the ticket.
hybrid180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 08:49 AM   #10
Zanark
AF Enthusiast

hey MK Im in Midlothian and if its off by I believe more then 5mph then the judges will cut you some slack. Lol idk if anyone here is from Chesterfield but we SERIOUSLY have the strictest Polices in all of VA. Hell NOrfolk and VA beach doesnt even compare. but yeah tell your friend to get it calibrated and if he wants to be sneaky lol put some diff size tire/wheels on it see if that helps and tell the judge that threw it off to. I mean honestly for a "small" speeding ticket theres not much you can do, but with a bigger one well judges are sympathetic there real people lol, tell them why you were going in such a hurry explain to them that you didnt even know you were going that fast etc. etc. Some will pitty you and give you driving school with no points off your license, some will not. Its all about how you present yourself in there eyes. But tell your friend to DEF goto court judges like it when people yah know actually show up. and to dress nice, Judges notice a good kid and see the effort they put when they are concerned with there apperance. DO NOT WEAR JEANS AND SNEAKERS. Thats the one mistake alot of "thugs" and "punks" make, they get a IDC attitude and just fuck themselves over. Its all about how you look and what comes out your mouth.
Old 05-02-2004, 08:04 PM   #11
spooleffect
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to spooleffect

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk3jk
best way to get out of ticket?
Don't get one
Old 05-02-2004, 10:35 PM   #12
scallywag
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: best way to get out of ticket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSX-S777
Thought I read a post awhile back...Something about obtaining the officer's monthly training dates and requesting a court date that corresponds so he is unable to show. Don't know if it's even possible...just thought I'd throw that meatball out there and see how it rolls...
Ya that is a good idea. Also if you are tring to get out of one while the officer has you pulled over what I have done in the past is just said I honestly wasn't paying attention and didn't mean to be speeding, and that I would pay better attention to my spedometer. I have gotton out of 3 tickets from state troopers with that when I was going 11-14 mph over the speed limit. Great thing was it was the truth, no lying involved!
scallywag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 12:09 AM   #13
Joseph1082
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Joseph1082

I live in Suffolk too (if you mean Suffolk NY) and let me tell you, THEY LOVE TO F*CK YOU HERE!!! W/O a lawyer you get S*it, but a lawyer will run you $500-$1000 so either way the system gets your money. It's all part of the scam. If you try to communicate w/ them on an intelligent adult level w/o a lawyer they don't give a s*it, they'll throw the book at you... the judge doesn't care what you have to say.
Joseph1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 12:09 PM   #14
mk3jk
AF Newbie

thanks guys, court date is extended to june 9. so i will keep u posted. should i go to court in uniform i am in the military but some judges i have heard dont care.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:00 AM   #15
WhitneyS
AF Newbie

Can i get out of a ticket if i wasnt in the car when i got the ticket!

i got a ticket by a state trooper in Fl can i fight the ticket since he actually got my attention when i was out of my car and walking to my house? i got the ticket for drag racing just playing around with one of my friends only going about 20 over when he says that he saw me. so how can i get drag racing?
WhitneyS is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra