Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 01:27 PM   #1
rshanholtz
AF Newbie

Cell Phone for 2003/4 Range Rover

Has anyone installed a Land Rover cell phone or a BMW X5 cell into their Range Rover?

Will a BMW X5 CPT9000 kit work on a 2003 Range Rover...anyone try it and if so...help!!!
rshanholtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 07:20 PM   #2
petethib
AF Newbie

Factory option Cell phone system

We took delivery on a new 2004 RR Westminster 4,000 miles ago and I had the same question which still remains unanswered even from the dealer or Land Rover USA. We had an aftermarket system, Verison, installed. This is integrated into the radio speaker system. It all works well. I had asked the installer about the X5 system and he said that he tried to install it in the new RR but it would not work. The only thing about the Verison phone which is the Motorola phone is that it does not have the sound attenuating system. I understand that it is the Verison edition of the Motorola phone that does not have the sound lowering program.
petethib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:45 AM   #3
rshanholtz
AF Newbie

Re: Factory option Cell phone system

I spoke with Land Rover North America yesterday and they informed me that they are about to release 5 kits for vatious phones that will interface with the system. The kits range from Nokia to Mototrola to Sony to Erikson type phones. The kits are phone specific. They gave me the kit numbers but no Parts person has them in the main computer yet. I am hopeful it is just a matter of weeks but no one knows for sure.
rshanholtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 02:33 PM   #4
petethib
AF Newbie

cell phone for RR

I spoke with Land Rover USA and the European division about 6 weeks ago and they refused to make any comment other than they were working on it and my dealer said not count on a system before the 2005 model so that's why I had an after market system installed. I had spent about a month everyday trying to find out if a system would be available and your reply is interesting about something available in a couple of months. Thanks, pete
petethib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 11:46 PM   #5
jclifford1
AF Newbie

no radio mute?

i'm not aware of any aftermarket phone kits that dont have a radio mute, i think that maybe your installer has misled you. the vehicle definitly has the ability to accept a radio mute from an aftermarket phone kit, as a matter of fact you can even have the phone system play through the front 7 speakers through the factory amplifier using the existing wiring in the new range rover.
jclifford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 02:45 PM   #6
jablon
AF Newbie

Re: Cell Phone for 2003/4 Range Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshanholtz
Has anyone installed a Land Rover cell phone or a BMW X5 cell into their Range Rover?

Will a BMW X5 CPT9000 kit work on a 2003 Range Rover...anyone try it and if so...help!!!

I just purchased a 2004 Range Rover an was wondering if you figured out which is the best phone and where I go to get it. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
jablon is offline   Reply With Quote