Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saleen > S7
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 01:44 AM   #1
topgeardreamin
AF Newbie

New to the Saleen S7

I've known very little about the Saleen S7 for quite some time, but i want to take that interest a little further. But recently I heard it was owned by Ford! And after seeing the Saleen Mustang with the Ford logo on it...I don't want to believe such a beautiful car came from such a place as ford (can u tell im not very fond of Ford's).Does anyone know wheather this is true or not, and if it is true, does it hold to the "Fix Or Repair Daily" reputation of Ford's?
topgeardreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 01:03 AM   #2
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

Re: New to the Saleen S7

Saleen did what shelby and rouche used to do for the mustang. They make it nice. The rouche was a 450hp supercharged mustange... the saleen is an uprgraded 'tang and shelby obviously made the gt500E... elanor if you're a movie jockey. The s7 uses a ford FE block (they use the same block as the panoz I believe) but it's not a ford car.
VenomInMyVeins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 02:27 PM   #3
moslerporschefreak
AF Enthusiast

Not by any stretch. even if it is owned by Ford does it matter? that's like udging a Lamborghini or Bugatti because VW owns it. What's in Name...?
moslerporschefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 06:18 PM   #4
VenomInMyVeins
AF Enthusiast

Mospor... I've got your back on this one. Saleen may use some similar parts as a ford, but they also are hand made to specifications that ford couldn't dream of. And to back up the FixOrRepairDaily acronym... I've had a F150 for a year and 2 months and I've had to get a new tie rod, control rod, steering pump, clutch, battery (twice) the cruise control went out a few months ago... the list goes on...
VenomInMyVeins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 02:08 PM   #5
topgeardreamin
AF Newbie

Re: Re: New to the Saleen S7

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomInMyVeins
Mospor... I've got your back on this one. Saleen may use some similar parts as a ford, but they also are hand made to specifications that ford couldn't dream of. And to back up the FixOrRepairDaily acronym... I've had a F150 for a year and 2 months and I've had to get a new tie rod, control rod, steering pump, clutch, battery (twice) the cruise control went out a few months ago... the list goes on...

Well its nice to kno that Saleen dosn't have the same issues, and better engineuity(spelling) than Ford can achieve. By the way...wats up with the tie rod goin out on fords...we had a 98 Windstar and the tie rod went out, and a couple of friends of mine who own fords had the same problem.Thank God I don't own one anymore.

But you'd be surprised at whats in a name. Names carry reputation...and just how I didn't know weather Saleen had the same problems as other Fords, its the same for other people who are more ignorant than most.When I heard, I did a double take, and still didn't believe it, so i asked....its such a beautifull car i didn't want to believe Ford could do such a thing.But now I kno...all because of a name!
topgeardreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 04:02 PM   #6
moslerporschefreak
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, I totally agree. THat's the main (if not only) problem with Ferrari you pay 30% for the name alone. That's why cars like the S7 and MT900 are so great. Same bang but half or one fifth the price.
moslerporschefreak is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saleen > S7