Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Exterior | bodykits | Lighting When your ready to showoff that 'H' ride, here's your forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 03:06 PM   #1
Icemaster
AF Newbie

Unhappy Body Kit Install and Paint costs....?

Well I want to install a Blitz Body Kit onto a 96 civic DX coupe. This includes everything (front bumper, side skirts, and a rear bumper replacement). I live in Dallas, Texas and i am a lil worried about the price for installation and getting a decent paint job (for a low cost ), does anyone have an idea of how much this cost can be? Or better yet know of any cheap shops in Dallas?
Icemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 05:26 PM   #2
99civic03
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 99civic03
I was just looking in to getting a kit recently, so let me share what I know.

First off, make sure it will fit without removal of the bumper supports. I was looking in to getting either the Street Fyghter 2 or C West kit, but I did some further research, and found that neither of them fit without removal of the bumper supports. I just emailed a few placest that was selling them and asked if they knew anything, and a few people emailed me back saying you had to remove the supports, so first and foremost you need to make sure you dont have to remove those, cus if you do remove them and you get in an accident, you put your ow life at risk, and youre car will be fucked up for good in even the most minor accident.

About the cost, if you dont think you can install the pieces yourself, a shop shouldnt charge more than $100 to put in for you, but its really not that hard to install it, so as long you get a good quality kit, you should be good to go there. wingswest.com has some very informative tutorials on how to install kits if you wanna go that route.

The paint is where it gets expensive. I got quotes from mutiple shops, and all of them quoted me around $400-$500 to paint the 4 pieces. If you are brave enough, you can buy a spray gun and set up your own paint booth and paint them yourself, there is a really good thread on here on how to paint your car. If you do it carefully, Im sure this would turn out really well.

If you have any other questions, just PM me.
99civic03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 07:33 PM   #3
TheNotoriousMogg
AF's #1 Bad Guy

Send a message via AIM to TheNotoriousMogg Send a message via Yahoo to TheNotoriousMogg
If you need painting tips pm Zippeay, he's a pro and a real good guy

thegrumpysergeant.net
TheNotoriousMogg is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting