Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 03:34 PM   #1
rican4lfe
AF Newbie

97 Yukon "jerks" when going up hill

During acceleration my 97 yukon will jerk.. any ideas????
rican4lfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 01:44 AM   #2
MIkeman28
AF Regular

Re: 97 Yukon "jerks" when going up hill

4X4??

How does it jerk? In the same gear or while shifting? 97 model is very well known to have a tranny problem that causes the tranny to shift hard from 1 to 2, and sometimes 2 to 3 gears. (usually after driving for a while to get tranny hot) Most places will ask you to replace the tranny, but this can be fixed by replacing the valve body in the tranny, and mayb ethe solenoids.

If you turn off the car, and restart in a couple minutes, should reset and stop jerking.

Check engine light on? Might be code p1870, which indicates the issue I mentioned above.
MIkeman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 06:24 PM   #3
rican4lfe
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 97 Yukon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeman28
4X4??

How does it jerk? In the same gear or while shifting? 97 model is very well known to have a tranny problem that causes the tranny to shift hard from 1 to 2, and sometimes 2 to 3 gears. (usually after driving for a while to get tranny hot) Most places will ask you to replace the tranny, but this can be fixed by replacing the valve body in the tranny, and mayb ethe solenoids.

If you turn off the car, and restart in a couple minutes, should reset and stop jerking.

Check engine light on? Might be code p1870, which indicates the issue I mentioned above.
Check engine light is on .. will scan in a week ... The jerk is more like it will stay in the same gear and will start going will back and forth like trying to go but .. how to say it will jerk and go really slow.... but is only up hill... what is the valve body and where are the selenoids????
Old 07-31-2005, 10:04 PM   #4
MIkeman28
AF Regular

Re: 97 Yukon "jerks" when going up hill

Ok the way you're describing the "jerking" is not the problem I mentioned, I thought it might be something else that is very common.

I honestly dont understand the "jerk" issue exactly. A jerk in the car to me would make it pull hard and go a but faster, not slower.

I still dont know if your truck is a 4X4 or not. If so is it trying to engage maybe while going uphill? Might check for loose parts in the transfer case.

Either way, the check engine dio will tell you a code and will help you narrow it down. I'd really be interested in the dio so please post here when you find out.
MIkeman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 04:25 PM   #5
rican4lfe
AF Newbie

Re: Re: 97 Yukon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIkeman28
Ok the way you're describing the "jerking" is not the problem I mentioned, I thought it might be something else that is very common.

I honestly dont understand the "jerk" issue exactly. A jerk in the car to me would make it pull hard and go a but faster, not slower.

I still dont know if your truck is a 4X4 or not. If so is it trying to engage maybe while going uphill? Might check for loose parts in the transfer case.

Either way, the check engine dio will tell you a code and will help you narrow it down. I'd really be interested in the dio so please post here when you find out.

will post i should be getting the scanner in a bout a week.. thanks for your help

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon