Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 05:34 PM   #1
mentalmickey
AF Enthusiast

Smile a bit about me....

i currently drive a ford seirra xr4x4, made in 1988, rhd european spec. this one has a 150bhp 2.8 v6 with 4wd, (about 70% rear, 30% front) comes with power steering, electric windows, mirrors, centrol locking. my car does 0-60 in 8 seconds and does 130mph, not bad considering the weight of the car! these engines can be bored out to 3.1 and can have single turbos or twin turbos even super chargers and nitros. later cars had a 2.9 v6. popular engine conversions included the 24valve cosworth engine which fits striaght in and has 190bhp as standard and lots of bottom end torque.
this is a very underated car, and can normally pick up a good one for less than a £1000 in uk pounds. which is cheap by our standards!
i've got a k+n filter and a scorpion 4inch exhuast, bodykitted, de-locked, remote central locking via alarm, corbeau buckets, ally pedal, ally gearknob, lowered, 7.5inch by 16 inch alloys with Fulda 215/40 tyres. this cars handling is amazing and with the 4wd i can really 'cane' it on our little backroads. i've never lost control of this car ever. especially in places where my friends have attempted to take a sharp corner (at a lower speed than me) and stuck their pride and joy in a ditch! or simply struggling to keep up with me!
ok i'm a bit of a speed freak, but in britain where the national speed limit is 70mph, i do tend to do 130mph, whizzing pass other people, BUT i only do this when i'm annoyed like tailgaters or company reps on the motorway who tailgate me and think they've a better car, simply as they've no idea what i've got and try to race me. now i'm a bit older i can't risk my life or other road users and i'd like to keep my driving licence so quite simply the cars got to go! i've been advertising it for sale for a month now, had a few people interested but as of yet....

another reason its going is to finance the body restoration of my 1973 amc javelin, 5.0l 304 V8 auto. the running gear is good but the body is, well, structurally sound but needs tlc. if i showed you a picture, you'd die of laughter, but it's not as bad as it's look. with the money i can do it in two months and get a nice paintjob too.

and no i won't be driving fast in this, i'm going to use this at the weekends, in the dry and attend shows with my father. he restores ww2 military vehicles. currently has a white scout car m3a1, previous vehicles included 1943 willy jeep and trailer, gmc 352 cckw, dodge ambulance, chevy, austin k2 canteen truck. i've driven all including a 1943 half track. dad wants a sherman next!

sorry if i've bored you!

this is what i'm getting next! soon!!
mentalmickey is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General