Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-14-2000, 07:10 PM   #16
enzo@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to enzo@af Send a message via AIM to enzo@af
I'm not sure if he has 5, I thought it was three. It's the Sultan of Brunei. Oh, yeah, he's got a Ferrari 456 convertible, 456 wagon, 456 4-door, a Ferrari FX and a ton of other really sweet cars.

----------
"Ferrari isn't a car, it's a lifestyle"
-Enzo Ferrari.
enzo@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2000, 05:10 AM   #17
carman
AF Regular

Yeah, i remember there was an article about him in C&D around a year ago. That lucky bastard, he's a BILLIONAIRE for just being "Born", without any hard work. He has dozens of exotic cars, and his son has his own garrage, where all the exotics are the same dumb color....
carman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2000, 06:47 AM   #18
nospower2001
AF Newbie

must be nice to be born into that kinda money.....lol, now the guy needs to get one of those saleen s7's. if he doesent already have one
nospower2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2000, 07:59 AM   #19
enzo@af
Old Mod

I don't think Dozens quite sums it up...it's more like hundred's of cars.

If he gets an S7, he'll probably get one..one in a different color...an S7R...then get a Mosler MT900, just to compare the two new US supercars. Jerk.

----------
-Enzo Ferrari.
Old 12-17-2000, 08:31 AM   #20
nospower2001
AF Newbie

i found this pic on overboost.com from the Essen motor show in germany. this car is truely a work of art.

Edited by: igor@af
nospower2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2000, 12:41 AM   #21
Jack Handey
AF Newbie

Quote:
Quote: andrew@af ( 11:57 pm on Dec. 13, 2000 )

Koenig is a real company.
yes, brilliant deduction. Ford is also a real company, but we're not talking about them...we're talking about Koenigsegg.
Jack Handey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2000, 08:44 AM   #22
porsche911
AF Newbie

Andrew was probably just drinking a lil of http://www.keonig.de when he said that rich bastard j/k
yeah, the car company is http://www.koenigsegg.com
here are some pics if you're too lazy to go there

Edited by: igor@af
porsche911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2000, 11:26 PM   #23
Racer 20
AF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Racer 20
That car is AWESOME!!! I LOVE IT! In many ways it's even better than the F1 from McLaren. But I'd still rather be seated centerly at 200 mph instead of to the left or right. That's what I always liked about the F1.
Racer 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2000, 12:10 PM   #24
enzo@af
Old Mod

McLaren's F1 was about more than speed. It was..and is...an engineering masterpiece. Everything about this car screams performance: the central seating, the roof scoop, the gold lining in the engine bay. I don't know that Koenigsegg has accomplished the same level of brilliance that McLaren has.

It's easy enough to build fast cars, but that's not all that goes into making them supercars.

----------
-Enzo Ferrari.
Old 12-19-2000, 12:12 PM   #25
carman
AF Regular

McLaren F1 is the Ultimate....... all others want to be like it, but can't reach the perfection.
carman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2000, 06:33 PM   #26
Dimex
AF Newbie

I think the Koenigsegg leaves something to be desired. The styling is wonderful, but it just seems not right. For one, the rear rotors seem tiny! Yeah, the car isn't very heavy so 13" rotors aren't necessary, but come on! They're not even cross drilled or slotted! Secondly, I think those rims are just putrid. I'd say something like a 5-spoke or just spoke rims.

----------
1 Corinthians 7:14
Dimex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2000, 06:35 PM   #27
Jack Handey
AF Newbie

You know what I was thinking? If you're ever falling off of the empire state building you should pretend like you're really limp. Someone on the ground might mistake you for a dummy and try and catch you. 'Cuz hey, free dummy!

----------
Floss: It just makes sense.
Jack Handey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2000, 08:53 PM   #28
andrew
AF Newbie

thank you for noticing my post anamoly were I mistakenly did not finish typing the word "Koenigsegg", let me rephrase:
Yes, thak you Jack for pointig out my flagrant mistake, I should be buried in the snow and be left to die! I meant to say Koenig AND Koenigsegg are a legitimate company. A major automotive magazine recently did a writeup on a Koenigsegg vehicle (I believe it was European Car, I cannot remember exactly, I receive six different subscriptions a month from different mags) Yes, Ford is also, thank you for pointing that out to my feeble unkowing mind, also. Feel free to pick apart any and all of my posts, I enjoy correcting my mistakes, it only makes me smarter
andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2000, 09:10 PM   #29
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
igor@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2000, 03:21 AM   #30
BlaxicanYIIK
AF Regular

Hey guys (and gals)..speaking of that Sultan of Brunei guy....I have that article. Did any of you read the part of how he resolved the issue of not enough space in his PALACE for his 100+ cars (many of them 1 of a kind, including a 3 million $ Ferrari!!). He pushed them in the dam OCEAN! Seeing that really pissed me off. What waste, and I bet the country's people are poor as dirt. And yes...he does have a CLK GTR (ony left hand drive in existence I hear (or is it right)). Anyways, I'm off topic...the McLaren F1 LM is one of the most beautiful cars (THINGS) ever made! However, I read an article a while back that said it hit 60 in Under 3 seconds and got to 100 in 5?? Who the hell was drivng it then? lol As far as top speed it is no longer the fastest, that goes to either the Corvette Sledghammer or the TVR Speed 12 . Not sure which, I'll get back to you. However, I can't think of too many cars as intimidating as the Almighty McLaren F1 LM. Someday..I shall own one...Too bad it's only gonna be on a video game! Oh well..you never know!!
BlaxicanYIIK is offline   Reply With Quote