Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lancia > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 11:01 AM   #1
Dunlevy
AF Newbie

Volumex 1985: Intermittent cuts-out

My Volumex will idle indefinitely at rest, but cuts out on the road, restarts in a few minutes,when asked, but stops again, repeatedly, at ever-decreasing distances, until it will move only a few yards at a time.

It is in very good condition with a mileage of only 44,000+ miles. I laid it up about 1994, protectively serviced, on the advice of the AA Technical Section. I took it out again over a year ago. Since there are no official Lancia dealers now in Scotland, it was completely overhauled by a company specializing in German cars, and body-work repairs were handled by an experienced Lancia bodywork expert.

A well informed and highly motivated, experienced Lancia driver has spent a lot of time on it without, so far, complete success. On his advice. I have replaced quite a number of parts. I would be grateful for the help of anyone who may have experience or knowledge of a similar problem.
Dunlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 09:58 AM   #2
gianluca
AF Newbie

if you need somethink from italy about lancia
tell mee

ciao

gianluca
bologna
italy

parisano31@liber.it
gianluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 04:34 AM   #3
petetsenz
AF Newbie

Re: Volumex 1985: Intermittent cuts-out

Did you get this sorted?

Fuel floats have been known to become porous over time and float levels are critical in weber carbs hence engine symptom is a stall when you open throttle with much over rich mixture etc. May experience backfire in exhaust as well under power.
petetsenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:16 AM   #4
Dunlevy
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Volumex 1985: Intermittent cuts-out

Quote:
Originally Posted by petetsenz
Did you get this sorted?

Fuel floats have been known to become porous over time and float levels are critical in weber carbs hence engine symptom is a stall when you open throttle with much over rich mixture etc. May experience backfire in exhaust as well under power.

The short answer is Yes. Because the car had been laid up for some time, remains of petrol had conmbined with rust in the petrol tank to create granulated sediment in constant flow with the petrol.

Many thanks for your interest and helpful advice. I regret that I was not able to answer your note earlier. \i have been out of the country for some time.

Dunlevy
Dunlevy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lancia > General Discussion