Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 02:56 PM   #31
fastrThanU
AF Enthusiast

the corrolla, according to you, is the best selling car for 13yrs because it has more to offer than its competitors.........

let me finish that thought...... it's becasuse they are a family economy car. this is a street race forum, and a corrolla is by no means a performance car. you wanna post about corrollas? go to a family car forum. don't hate on ldelaysionl's subaru... it's a nice ride- a lot more to offer than a corrolla

11.67@117
"plaster your ass to the back glass"
.... put yer motor where yer mouth is.....
Old 04-16-2002, 03:40 PM   #32
CAptynCrunch
AF Enthusiast

Ok, this has gotten out of hand, again!

Now, I was the first one to come to the corolla's defense, but I was referring to the older model that hasn't been produced in over a decade. The current models of corolla(from the early 90's on) are just plain crap from a performance point of view. As Idelaysion just said, sure the corolla is a great commuter, and it has longevity. Properly cared for one will last a decade easily. however, they are in no way a performance car.

A lot better then most cars here? Ok, lets look at the corolla from a performance point of view. Oh yes, and Blades, i do know about the new corolla, so don't tell me i don't. You say it has the same engine as the new celicas and MRS's? Big no it doesn't. It has the same BLOCK, not the same engine. If it had the same engine they would both produce the same ammount of power.

Celica, lets see, it runs 11.5:1 compression and produces 180HP. This is with the help of much higher grade engine components then those used in the corolla, and, most inportantly, a special cam system. So no, your car does not have the same engine as a celica.

MR2 Spyder, hell, who gives a damn if you've got the same engine as this thing, it's jsut as pussy as a corolla engine. The thing only produces 138HP. Thats a pathetic disgrace compared to what the older MR2's used to make. Sure the MRS is a better handling car then teh old MR2's, but it's got no power, and your car shares nothing in common with an MRS as far as handling is concerned.

Finally, the corolla it's self. The type S and every other model have 130HP, and at 2500lbs. thats not fast at all. Hell, like Idelaysion already pointed, it's only 0.1 seconds faster then a BASE model civic through the 1/4. And as we all know, the civic is a pathetic piece of crap that is not meant for performance use, so something that is only a tenth of a second faster then the BASE model of a civic is not meant for performance use either.

Oh yeah, and would you care to explain this magical 130HP corolla that "with a few modifications" could beat a GSR with it's 180HP and far, far, superior handling?(and don't give me any crap about a corolla being able to out handle a GSR, cause it can't).

Oh, and TRD, yes Idelaysion's Impreza is pretty much totally stock performance wise, It's a wagon(an extra 80lbs.) it has a fairly large stereo, and a playstation(or is it a PS2?). All of these things would in fact slow him down(no offense bro, just the matter of the extra weight). And you know what? His stock, Naturally aspirated, Not even top of the line Imprezza would still kick the piss out of ANY stock corolla on teh road, or for that matter, any corolla with any besides either an engine swap or some form of forced induction. And he could do it in either the 1/4 or in a street course.

Finally, for H8aHonda, a suggestion. Don't type in all capitals, it doesn't make you look cool, loud, forceful, or anything good. It jsut makes you look like a dumbass who can't work a keyboard. Oh yeah, and there's no "Might" aout toehr cars being fast when they are being compared to a corolla. You say that It's not the speed of the car but the looks? thats just fucking retarded. You want to talk about looks goto an art museum, cars are about speed. And even if you do prefer cars for they're looks then their performance, you can't argue whether your car looks better then someone elses because thats based on opinion, not fact. But just for the record, makeing a car look nice is not about renting fast and the furious with your friends then seeing who can fit the biggest strut wing on tehy're piece of crap FWD car before it creates to much down force and just lifts they're front wheels off teh ground. Oh yeah, and no car should have those stupid ass stickers and graphics on them. It doesn't look cool, it just looks tacky. And since when the hell does a corolla look good? the new ones are too damn chunky to look good, they look like something halfway between a camry and an echo.

Oh yeah, and the driver can make up seconds in a 1/4? Bullshit, the only way that applies is if your a godly launcher/shifter and the person your racing can't drive. And in real competition the other person is going to be just as good as you, maybe not quite as good, but also possibly a bit better. So yes the car matters in teh 1/4. In fact it's pretty much all that does matter.

And bullshit forum? I somehow doubt this "C3Racing" has that great, or popular of a forum(s) as AF does.

Oh yeah, and finally, Blades, i'd like to see some specs for your car. because unless your blowing at least like 15psi of boost, theres no way your car can run 12's.

The only thing better than cars is Music... maybe.
Old 04-16-2002, 04:42 PM   #33
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
wow captyncrunch, those are exactly the points that i was trying to get them to realize, but i didnt wanna type such a long post. nicely said! :jump:

"c-three", consider yourself:

i just found that pic, and this seemed a fitting opportunity to use it
:cwn27: :hehe: :hehehe: :silly2:
Old 04-16-2002, 04:51 PM   #34
CAptynCrunch
AF Enthusiast

Thanks Idelaysion, Yeah, it didn't take to long to type, the third time. My damn computer locked up TWICE! while i was trying to post that message. Damn computer isn't getting the better of me

And by the way, what the HELL is that thing in the picture? Cause i keep seeing that guy/thing/whatever everywhere on the forums.

Old 04-16-2002, 05:10 PM   #35
LjasonL
Some Guy

haha, thats "domo" i just found a few pics of him and hes cool!

oh btw after a little investigating i found the thread about us on "c-three", the funny thing is they even admit on there that the 2001 corollas have weak handling but still they come in here and defend its handling to us. and somebody said something about "of course his wrx will beat a stock corolla" i guess they dont realize i dont drive a wrx... they also talk about my "photochopped" speedometer, guess they think that cuz a corolla will barely hit 100mph (the 2001 i drove would only get 100 downhill) that no other car can get to 125 and still be stable and smooth enough to allow me to take a picture...

http://www.cthreeracing.com/vbull/sh...?threadid=8156
Old 04-16-2002, 05:30 PM   #36
C3 Rollin
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by ldelaysionl
wow captyncrunch, those are exactly the points that i was trying to get them to realize, but i didnt wanna type such a long post. nicely said! :jump:

"c-three", consider yourself:

i just found that pic, and this seemed a fitting opportunity to use it
:cwn27: :hehe: :hehehe: :silly2:

Hey dude dont get mad that you spent alot more money for a car....With the money I save from buying a corolla I can spend to smoke your Suburu... :smoker2: :smoker2:
Old 04-16-2002, 05:35 PM   #37
93speed
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
http://www.cthreeracing.com/vbull/sh...?threadid=8156
I see H8Honda or whoever he was still can't work his keyboard
Old 04-16-2002, 05:48 PM   #38
LjasonL
Some Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by C3 Rollin

Hey dude dont get mad that you spent alot more money for a car....With the money I save from buying a corolla I can spend to smoke your Suburu... :smoker2: :smoker2:
okay this is directly from the toyota website in the "build a toyota" section.

2003 corolla LE 5 speed manual. $15,205
anti lock brakes (standard on impreza) $300
driver and passenger airbags (standard on impreza) $250
extra mile pkg a (which includes carpeted floor mats and 3 yr/36000 mile warranty, standard on impreza) $487
security system upgrade (not standard on impreza, but on my impreza) $389
15 inch wheels (standard on impreza) $390
am/fm/cd combo with 6 speakers (not standard on impreza, but on mine) $40

total price: $17061, not including destination charges.
total price of my impreza: $17845, not including destination charges

there is about a $700 difference when u price comparably equipped models. u cant just say the corolla is such a better value cuz there is a "stripped" model corolla and not a stripped impreza, if u wanna compare them give the corolla the same equipment the impreza has.

also things i have that ARENT options on the corolla:
full time awd
165hp and 167lb/ft torque
viscous coupling limited slip differential

sounds like a hell of a value for the extra $700. NOW tell me whos getting the better deal?
Old 04-16-2002, 06:27 PM   #39
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Quote:
Originally posted by C3 Rollin

Just give it up man.

Look at it this way. My car cost me $3,000. It is in near perfect condition, gets about 40 MPG on the freeway at 75 MPH, it has almost 150,000 on the odometer with the original turbo that still puts out over 14 PSI of boost.

So lets recap here.

My car costs less.
I get better gas mileage.
Damn reliable.
And I'll tear you a new asshole in a race without even trying.
And I think it looks a hell of a lot better than a Corolla.

So just give it up, it is a Corolla. It is slow, and besides everyone knows that Subaru is a better company and doesn't make extreemly ugly cars like Toyota.
Old 04-16-2002, 06:42 PM   #40
CAptynCrunch
AF Enthusiast

$700 for Subaru AWD, and LSD? shit, I'd love to know where they get their work done

And polygon, although i don't totally agree with you on Toyotas being ugly(although yes all they latest ones are) you are most definitly right about your car being better, faster, and much nicer looking. I gotta say, your s is by far the best looking LeBaron I've ever seen. I love the flip-ups on it, and i gotta compliment you on the rims, they're perfect for that car.

Old 04-16-2002, 09:02 PM   #41
Polygon
The Red Baron

Thanks CAptynCrunch, I actually tried painting the stock alloys gold first, which did it for me for a while. Then I came upon these and thought they would look damn good. And you are the first person that has said they look good besides my dad. Everyone else says "why didn't you get chrome?'

Also that is what I meant by ugly Toyotas, all the new ones are just plain ugly. But the supra has always look GREAT!
Old 04-16-2002, 09:11 PM   #42
Nutly Nuts
AF Newbie

PLZ STOP ALL DA FIGHTIN!!?! :smoka: :bandit: :smoka:

Yeah well in my defense, I represent the old, and like to thank CAptynCrunch for the props for the old. The early Rolla's are RWD and the GTS's have the same motors as the MR2. Besides the only Rolla that can compete against the Subaru is the WRC Rolla. Even Japan J-Spec Rolla are far superior to the modern Rollas North America sells. I know it ain't much but we do what we do to make it better than stock and some of us are even more dedicated and put the Rolla onto another level. Too bad the modern Rolla has lost some of its racing roots!!?!

but mostly NUTS!!?!

EASTSIDERS C.C. - Edmonton, CANADA
Old 04-16-2002, 09:19 PM   #43
Polygon
The Red Baron

Yeah, Nuts you have a great point there. I have to say that my comments were directed at only the new Rollas. The older ones could actually get up and go pretty good and they looked a lot better than the new ones.
Old 04-16-2002, 09:52 PM   #44
LjasonL
Some Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Nutly Nuts
The early Rolla's are RWD and the GTS's have the same motors as the MR2. Besides the only Rolla that can compete against the Subaru is the WRC Rolla.
all the cars u metioned here (older rwd corollas, mr2, wrc corolla) are very cool cars.

however none of them have anything important in common with the type of corolla i was referring to when i made the origional post, and that is the modern usdm corolla.
Old 04-16-2002, 10:19 PM   #45
Nutly Nuts
AF Newbie

Quote:

however none of them have anything important in common with the type of corolla i was referring to when i made the origional post, and that is the modern usdm corolla.
Sorry dawg, didn't mean to come off that way, I've always been a fan of the old personally!!?!

I heard you were playin Tokyo Extreme Racin when they took the 120mph shot and you have pics, I'd like to see those!!?!

Post the pic here and/or on C3, LATER!!?!

:smoka: :bandit: :smoka:

but mostly NUTS!!?!

EASTSIDERS C.C. - Edmonton, CANADA

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing