Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 07:04 PM   #46
KoRnboy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to KoRnboy Send a message via AIM to KoRnboy Send a message via MSN to KoRnboy Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnboy
135MPH in OD ... done it in too many places to name
Old 06-25-2003, 09:42 PM   #47
YOUNGSTER
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to YOUNGSTER Send a message via MSN to YOUNGSTER Send a message via Yahoo to YOUNGSTER
what do you think a ek hatch with a b18c will hit with intake and exhaust? im gonna have the privlege of finding out pretty soon
MODS: Motor :jdm b16 block, itr head, skunk 2 cam gears, msd ignition, intake, exhaust, straight pipe, skunk 2 ecu. act race clutch Suspension : grnd cntrl coilovers, 4 way adj shocks , spoon strut bar, skunk 2 sway bar, itr control arms, energy bushings misc. : super nice jdm seats, momo detachable steering wheel, Jdm clutster, Spoon Cf duckbill wing, vision smoked amber turn signals. COMING VERY SOON IN DAYS LS vtec ARP ROD BOLTS HEAD BOLTS AND 75 SHOT OF GIGLE JUICE look in my galler
YOUNGSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 10:19 PM   #48
KoRnboy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to KoRnboy Send a message via AIM to KoRnboy Send a message via MSN to KoRnboy Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnboy
I'll wager 130-135
Old 06-26-2003, 01:47 AM   #49
YOUNGSTER
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to YOUNGSTER Send a message via MSN to YOUNGSTER Send a message via Yahoo to YOUNGSTER
i hope to hit that id be happy im probably gonna get a ecu upgrade with no speed limiter so i hope i can get it up faster
MODS: Motor :jdm b16 block, itr head, skunk 2 cam gears, msd ignition, intake, exhaust, straight pipe, skunk 2 ecu. act race clutch Suspension : grnd cntrl coilovers, 4 way adj shocks , spoon strut bar, skunk 2 sway bar, itr control arms, energy bushings misc. : super nice jdm seats, momo detachable steering wheel, Jdm clutster, Spoon Cf duckbill wing, vision smoked amber turn signals. COMING VERY SOON IN DAYS LS vtec ARP ROD BOLTS HEAD BOLTS AND 75 SHOT OF GIGLE JUICE look in my galler
Old 06-27-2003, 12:05 AM   #50
94tegRS
AF Enthusiast

well, I went from the short ram back to the CAI and hit 112 on the same stretch where I ojnly hit like 103 with the short ram. sounds a bit nicer as well. when its turboed il hit the limiter easy, BTW, whats the speed limiter on a 92 LX sedan?
-01 R1-04 daytona 600-94 teg RS-95 teg LS
-91 teg RS-92 teg GSR-94 civic CX hatch (3 times)
-94 civic DX-96 civic HX-97 Accord LX-72 superbeetle
-74 beetle-84 silverado-66 c10-74 maverick-78 280z
-84 200sx-86 tercel wagon-95 mustang V6
94tegRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 12:22 PM   #51
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44
127 on nice open I-55 south to Normal, IL. It was me and a 01ish Benz S500 cruisin. He showed me who was boss in the end though. Before he exited, he opened up and took his all the way to the 155 limit!!! Me and my friend (riding shotgun) could only watch as he pulled away. I shed a tear of respect and went on my merry way.

This was before I slapped those heavy ass Motegi 18's on my car though. I could probably hit 123 or so with them on. They are heavy as hell and kill my gas mileage, but DAMN do they look good on my car! (If I may say so myself)

00accord44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 12:57 PM   #52
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
A few years ago I took my '89 Accord up to 110 in 4th gear. Too bad 5th gear was disabled; I woulda kept going...
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 02:34 PM   #53
Ricochet
Banned

177mph in a friend's GSX. I don't know the extent of his modlist but it was all on the factory turbo.
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 12:51 AM   #54
YOUNGSTER
AF Enthusiast

watch out accord some of the pontiacs can pull all right i know there is a supercharged virsion my cousin has one it has pretty good power but his is not the supercharged one
its the v6
Old 06-30-2003, 09:10 AM   #55
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44
Quote:
Originally posted by YOUNGSTER
watch out accord some of the pontiacs can pull all right i know there is a supercharged virsion my cousin has one it has pretty good power but his is not the supercharged one
its the v6
I know. I just have a little fun raggin on American V6s. They just don't ever seem to be able to pull all the performance out of those engines. Even after supercharging (as GM LOVES to do) they don't use all the engine's potential. I'm not saying they are all slow cuz a 4 cylinder accord isn't exactly a speed demon itself, but there's so much unused potential in the Grand Am's Grand Prixs, Malibus, Taurus's, Intrepid's, etc.

Its about time they supercharged the Grand Am tho. Its been such a whipping boy for the past decade. I hate those new Pontiac G Prix commercials though, where the guy is using the button shifting on the steering wheel and when he shifts UP the rpms go UP too!?! Maybe people who don't pay much attention to cars (or commercials) wouldn't catch that, but I saw it and was like WTF!

I know...too much time on my hands.

Old 06-30-2003, 10:34 AM   #56
NinjaPoweredAccord
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to NinjaPoweredAccord
Quote:
Originally posted by 00accord44
I hate those new Pontiac G Prix commercials though, where the guy is using the button shifting on the steering wheel and when he shifts UP the rpms go UP too!?!
WHOA! I never noticed that! Hahaha, my friend has two Grand Prix GTPs, and he's gonna get it from me the next time I see him!
NinjaPoweredAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 09:34 PM   #57
whtteg
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to whtteg
126 in 90 ford ranger
130+ ish in 95 teg, felt like it would keep pulling but the stock h rated tires were on my mind.
120-125ish in 91 civic
Old 06-30-2003, 10:01 PM   #58
YOUNGSTER
AF Enthusiast

in my cousins grand am i was jamming it picked up quick and its auto if you get on the gas the rpm goes all the way to red line i never been in a auto that did that most autos shift early
Old 07-01-2003, 08:53 AM   #59
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Quote:
Originally posted by YOUNGSTER
in my cousins grand am i was jamming it picked up quick and its auto if you get on the gas the rpm goes all the way to red line i never been in a auto that did that most autos shift early
I don't know much about these new generation (like 4th or 5th gen) Pontiacs. Does it have some sort of "Sport" mode that would cause it do do that, or it just reds on its own?

Old 07-02-2003, 12:38 AM   #60
YOUNGSTER
AF Enthusiast

im not sure i just would punch it getting on the freeway and it would go up into the redline its pretty quick it has a pretty good powerband. it accelerates pretty quick.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing