Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
LSC9901
AF Newbie

2001 A/C Questions

Last year my A/C worked somewhat intermittently and now this year there is no cool air. Before I take it somewhere and they fill me with a line of bull about replacing everything under the sun, are there any checks that I can make to determine if it is just freon or something major such as a component ?

As always thanks so much for all the help.
LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 01:05 AM   #2
MrWrongsalive
AF Newbie

Re: 2001 A/C Questions

Your year CRV is notorious for A/C compressor failure. I'm in the middle of rebuilding my 02 CRV's A/C system (61,209). There are alot of forums out there with disgruntled CRV owners reporting the same problem at low mileage. From what I hear the compressor fails internaly and metal shavings and what not contaminate the system, in one thread the owner said the compressor clutch actually fell off the car while it was idling in the driveway. My a/c clutch burned up trying to lock on to the locked up compressor and left rust all over the belts and a rust line on the underside of the hood where the belt goes. The dealer will sell you a complete system replacement and most people were talking about 2,000 to 2,500 for the work and parts. Honda does not recognize this as abnormal and has released no recalls or bulletins.
MrWrongsalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:46 PM   #3
Help_Me_ME
AF Newbie

Re: 2001 A/C Questions

I am having an issue with my 2002 cr-v's ac. We thought that it was just low on freon but we filled that up and now it just clicks off and on all the time and makes the car lose power. It will only do this if i am driveing if it is sitting still there is not problem.. Could this be the A/C compressor?
Help_Me_ME is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > CR-V