Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Forced Induction
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Forced Induction Discuss topics relating to turbochargers, superchargers, and nitrous oxide systems.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 11:36 PM   #1
SI_CivicGyrl
AF Newbie

Turbo, Turbo, Turbo

I Have a 2000 SI and I want to turbo charge it I was thinking abot either a rev hard, drag or garrett turbo, which one is best for my car and is it okay to run 8psi on stock interanls or should I port and polish and get a new camshaft? Any feedback would be helpful.
SI_CivicGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 06:13 AM   #2
b16aturbo
AF Newbie

um.. i would suggest getting the Drag turbo kit.... the t04/t3 Ball bearing turbo... i think you should sleeve or buy a dart block to make sure... hope i helped..
b16aturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 09:03 AM   #3
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper
Re: Turbo, Turbo, Turbo

a b16a will be fine running that lil boost stock as long as your motor is in good shape. for 8psi spending 2g on a dart block is a waste. P&P would help just as well so if you can swing it get it. I don't think new cams would help you at all at such low boost but if you up the boost skunk2 crower crane all make turbo cams.
Ace$nyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 05:10 PM   #4
boosted331
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by b16aturbo
um.. i would suggest getting the Drag turbo kit.... the t04/t3 Ball bearing turbo... i think you should sleeve or buy a dart block to make sure... hope i helped..
Good god why do people like you try and give advice to people when they're totally clueless? The ballbearing option on turbonetics turbos is another 600 dollars, which is a waste of money. So is sleeving, and for sure so is a dart block when she wants to run 8 pounds of boost on a stock motor Maybe she should run 22 psi with a dart block so she can run high 12's like you're going to Get a maxrev kit with hondata from wired speedlab, 800-947-3380 ask for kyle. Bolt it on, get the hondata tuned, and go.
boosted331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 06:17 PM   #5
turbo2nr
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
Re: Re: Turbo, Turbo, Turbo

ok why is a bb turbo a waste of money? it will help wid spoolin the turbo quicker.. i say dont get the bb tho u arnt puhing crazy boost or nehting only 8psi i say get the kit and focus on fuel managmnet.
you can get up to 230whp if you tune properly, my friend has a b16 turbo and makes 230whp on stock internals..
good luck

Shift_BOOST
97 s14
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 08:10 PM   #6
maxspeedhonda
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to maxspeedhonda Send a message via Yahoo to maxspeedhonda
Re: Re: Re: Turbo, Turbo, Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2nr
ok why is a bb turbo a waste of money? it will help wid spoolin the turbo quicker.. i say dont get the bb tho u arnt puhing crazy boost or nehting only 8psi i say get the kit and focus on fuel managmnet.
you can get up to 230whp if you tune properly, my friend has a b16 turbo and makes 230whp on stock internals..
good luck
I'll be making close to 300whp on a stock b16a block as soon as I fix my wastegate prolems. Of course, I do have a project on the motor stand in my garage shooting for 400+ whp.
maxspeedhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 01:47 PM   #7
SI_CivicGyrl
AF Newbie

Thanks for the help. I will be going with the fmax turbo kit becuase its the most complete, and they said it will give 250hp at 8psi
SI_CivicGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote