Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
eb110ss4life
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to eb110ss4life
10yrs ago huh... Erik, I require your assistance

This is primarily directed to you Erik. How are you old 'e-friend'? haha.

I have once again logged into AF after an 8yr absence because I come in need of assistance, and know you are the man to help me out.

I've recently purchased a 94 NSX as of about 4 months ago - its great. I was browsing the NSXPrime forum when I came across something that may be of interest to you.

A current owners cars logbook:

And matching documentation:

The help I ask is, do you know anyone who can help out the current owner in finding out the history of this particular vehicle?

The current owner doesnt care if its been fully stripped and put back together piece by piece, he'd just like to know its history - a test car, a comparision car, a technicians car, Mr Murray's personal car etc.

Being the awesome guy that I know you are Erik, is there any info you can share or enlighten me with regarding the NSX involved in the McLaren program during the 1990's particularly the early 1990/1 period? Or anybody else for that matter?

PS: I'm super super jealous of your high flying social lifestyle rubbing shoulders in Beverley Hills with celebrities such as Ron Dennis and Jay Leno , don't even get me started on the personal garage tour and drive!
Old 02-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
cabrio92
www.McLF1.com

Send a message via MSN to cabrio92
Re: 10yrs ago huh... Erik, I require your assistance

It's interesting. First, it is not a 94' NSX but a 91' like mentionned in the book.

It could be fantastic if it was the NSX tested to compare. Maybe, it exists a pic with visible plate in DA ?

Phil
Old 02-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #3
Le Man
AF Enthusiast

Gordon used an NSX for his own personal transport at one stage, he now drives a Smart Roadster.

In DA, Gordon lists his pros and cons about the NSX,

His F1 development team used it for test analysis/comparison data and there are some pics of this red NSX parked outside Genisis in mags/vids, I,ll see if I can find them.

I know of two other UK based F1 owners who have/had an NSX in their car collections.
Le Man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Le Man For This Useful Post:
cabrio92 (02-23-2012)
Old 02-20-2012, 03:54 PM   #4
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25

I am doing well - congrats on the purchase of an NSX. Slight step up from that beautiful S2000 you had.

I knew nothing of this NSX until a week ago when someone shared the same logbook photo in a post on Facebook where we were discussing the F1. He wrote:

Quote:
Oscar Moyano My favorite car of all times! want to see something cool? : http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/g...4/IMG_0728.jpg .. RHD 91 NSX Red/Black has McLaren as its first owner. I bought it from the UK and the car is now in Hong Kong.

Wiki shows that the McLaren F1 was launched in 1992 and therefore my car must have been used as a guinea pig and taken apart for tests.
That's the one lead I can offer - might want to try contacting that guy although it seems he doesn't know much more than what he alludes to there.

I'm fairly certain the only photo of an NSX in DA appears on page 25 and is a press photo of a yellow one, so not this car.

Another thing worth mentioning is that the car shows registration to "McLaren International" and not "McLaren Cars Limited" so it may have had nothing to do with the F1 road car development program. In 1991 their Formula One cars were still powered by Honda and Senna was one of their drivers so who knows - this car could have been driven by the master himself? Reference these articles by Andrew Frankel - could have definitely been this car.

A Google search for 'Senna NSX' produces quite a few images of him with a red car but no shots of that UK plate referenced in the logbook unfortunately. There is one NSX that has been for sale in Portugal but that's most likely a different car.

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #5
Peloton25
McLaren Fanatic

Thanked 1,763 Times in 741 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Peloton25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabrio92 View Post
It's interesting. First, it is not a 94' NSX but a 91' like mentionned in the book.
This is eb110ss4life's 1994 NSX:

He did not buy the red car he's asking about in his post.

>8^)
ER
Peloton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:19 AM   #6
samzbob
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloton25 View Post
A Google search for 'Senna NSX' produces quite a few images of him with a red car but no shots of that UK plate referenced in the logbook unfortunately. There is one NSX that has been for sale in Portugal but that's most likely a different car.
You are right there Erik, the car on offer in Portugal is LHD where as this example appears to be RHD but how awesome would it be if it was one Ayrton may have done some laps around Silverstone etc in!
samzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #7
Le Man
AF Enthusiast

Gordons take on the NSX.

http://japancarblog.com/2009/05/04/g...cura-honda-ns/

75,000 kms
Le Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:17 AM   #8
cabrio92
www.McLF1.com

Send a message via MSN to cabrio92

Hello,

thanks Erik to clarify and congrats to Eb110ss4life to have had a S2000 before

You make a good point, it could be a car "loaned" by Honda. Jenson Button drove S2000 and NSX during Honda times. Olivier Panis during BAR also owned a S2000 which was a bargain when sold...

a story : in 2005, I was at Gumball 3000 finish in Monaco, my black S2000 parked and Jenson walking 20meters away, I f only, I had a pen