Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Nova | Prizm | Spectrum | Sprint
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 08:13 AM   #1
srt4killsu
AF Newbie

96 Geo Prizm (No Power)

Ok i have had a problem with this for a week and now it wont start.. What happens is you turn the key to start the car and nothing no light no nothing as if the batt wasnt even there. So i go and wiggle the + cable and then it would start. so i replaced the batt. cables and i work for 2 days, started a dozen time after that. Next morning same thing. so i wiggled every thing posible and nothing. So i grab a batt out of my garage and put it in and it starts. Go to day care and it starts, after work nothing... So i wiggle every thing try a new batt and still nothing so my buddy said lets push start it. I didnt think it was going to work cause i had no power to anything but IT DID AND RAN FINE. Tried shutting it off 20+ times and it fired right up this morning nothing.. Anything will help
Oh the alt puts out 12.5 volts at idle and 13-16 at 2000+ (over charge)
Batt light comes on speraticly depending on what acc i have on. I just cant find the bad wire, alll. all exposed wires look fine.
srt4killsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:46 PM   #2
Scott46550
AF Newbie

Re: 96 Geo Prizm (No Power)

Check your ignition switch. The short might be there.
Scott46550 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Nova | Prizm | Spectrum | Sprint