Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
rexbest
AF Newbie

Weird shimmy

hey guys, got a 2000 Rodeo with about 115K and it started getting a shimmy in the rear end between 40 and 60. Got new tires all around and it still has a shimmy (not as bad). If it is cold enough, it will feel like I am driving on a tire with a flat spot at low speeds (10-20 MPH). Shocks were replaced about 3 years ago. Any ideas?

Thanks
Rex
rexbest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:54 PM   #2
Cat Fuzz
AF Enthusiast

Re: Weird shimmy

Bent wheel? Bad axle bearing?
Cat Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:58 AM   #3
mapua82
AF Newbie

from
http://www.isuzufaq.com/

86. steering shaking

I've had a problem with my steering shaking from 60mph to about 68mph for years now. I had all of my tires balanced, no luck. Repacked my bearings at 30,000 miles and no luck. Bought new tires, had them balanced and an alignment, no luck. Had the dealer repack my bearings, no luck. I repacked the bearings one more time (100k miles) and cranked down on them a little more than normal and it still shook. I had come to wits end and was about to have the dealer completely go over the front end and replace whatever they thought was causing it (we all know dealers too $$$$) when I decided to search this board once more. I came across a post that mentioned the Hunter GSP9700 and Road Force balancing. I checked it out and found a Ford dealer (better than nothing) that was right down the road. I made an appointment.

First off, I was amazed at how nice the Ford dealers service guys were (Rolling Hills Ford, Clermont, FL) with me and my Isuzu. So I left my truck and went and ran some errands. When I came back, the service guy handed me a stack of papers and started explaining what the machine found out. He said I had some really bad balance issues (I was hoping he meant my truck). The sheets showed me what my runout & Road Force was before and after the procedure. Anything under 11lbs of Road Force acceptable. One tire before the procedure was at 55lbs and one was at 34lbs. After the procedure, all of them were below 5lbs.

What a difference this has made in the handling and ride of the truck. I highly recommend this to anyone with a shimmy or shake they can't get rid of. My truck rides like brand new.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:53 AM   #4
shift220
AF Newbie

Most likely a wheel out of balance or a bad u-joint
shift220 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Rodeo | Passport | MU