Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Cutlass Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Cutlass Series Includes Cutlass Ciera, Cutlass Cruiser, Cutlass Calais, Cutlass Supreme, Custom Cruiser, as well as the GM N-Body subforums.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 07:11 AM   #16
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Re: Installing a remote starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDemon
Thanks for the info ponchonutty. I dont mind spending a little more on a quality product especially since i will probably be buying it online.

I have one more question, have you ever seen a remote starter with 3 aux outputs and the lights-flash option? THe reason I need 3 is 1 - Door Locks, 2 - Power Trunk, 3 - I can wire this up to my garage door opener.

ALl the ones Ive seen only have 2, so I would have to probably sacrifice the option for power trunk release.

Thanks again.
Any of the DEI's starters that have 4button remotes can work. You'll have to get 3 channel reciever #519h
http://directechs.com/guides/manuals...519H_05-01.pdf
What you'll do is hook this up next to your existing opener's reciever and piggyback this on it. Then, program any button on the remote to this new reciever. Most of the time people use the AUX button even though it might be used for trunk pop. The reason is there is a 4 sec. delay for trunk pop but for the opener, it is instant. You can use the remote start button and set your car up for 2 or 3 presses to start. Or you can use any 2 buttons together. See, the 4 button remotes are actually like 11 channel output. You'll just have to press more than one button at a time. The options are almost unlimited.

Also, DEI has started a refurbished line of starters and alarms so you might be able to get a real nice one even cheaper.
Orion C63 Coax rear
DirectedVideo 9" all in one DVD with surround

2007 SATURN OUTLOOK AWD XR with full entertainment package
ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 06:40 PM   #17
Roldcar
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by highspl
You can bypass the chipped key by using relays and resistors. Its kind of a pain but its possible, i did it on a 97 lumina. First thing you have to do is use a DVOM and find the resistance of the chip (the "chip" is actually only a resistor) once you figure out that resistance your going to have to go up to radio shack or anywhere else that sells that kind of stuff and pick up the right combination of resistors to equal the same value that you got from the key, while your there pick up a relay and some solderless connectors to hook the wires up. Next solder that combination of resistors together with a wire coming out of each end and make sure you tape all the bare wires with electrical tape. Now your gonna want to go under your dash and find the wires that are in the orange sleeving (make sure its orange and not yellow as yellow is for airbags and that could be bad!) in that orange sleeving there is either going to be 2 white wires or one purple/white and one white/black. if they are both white it wont matter which one you use for what later on. Now take your relay and resistors, solder one of the wires on the end of the resistors to the 87 terminal on the relay, then the other end of the wire from the resistors to the purple/white wire (or either of the white wires if they are both white) now your going to want to take the white/black wire (or the other white wire) and cut it. Solder the end thats going to the key tumbler to the 87a terminal and the other end to the 30 terminal. Connect a fused constant 12v to the 86 terminal and connect the wire from your remote starter (blue on DEI) to the remaining 85 terminal. Now as long as you got the right value of resistors the car will start when you press the remote start button but ONLY if that button is pressed, so the anti theft part still works. If you have any questions feel free to post or e-mail me.

Your information is very useful. My son's car will not start because of the theft control modual. If I would connect the proper resistance across the wires from the orange sleave, would the car then start, even with out the relays? At this point, give the age and shape of the car, a functioning theft deterent system is not a major a concern. Also can the proper resistance be read from the key with a vom?
Roldcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:17 PM   #18
CrazyDemon
AF Newbie

Yeah that should do it
You can measure the resistance with an ohm meter, I just did it on mine and it works.

BTW: I got a reading of 520Ohms, a common resistor value.
CrazyDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 09:20 PM   #19
Manny_boy
AF Regular

After installing several Bulldog alarms and remote starters, (including one for myself), I can honestly say, avoid Bulldog like the ebola virus... Their website is good though for most cars wiring schematics.
Manny_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:58 PM   #20
CrazyDemon
AF Newbie

Hey, sorry to bring up an old topic, but Im finally ready to buy something, and I came accross this:

http://commandocaralarms.com/product...?ProductID=496

Has anyone ever had experience with something like this, and what are your oppinions on it?

Thanks.
CrazyDemon is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Cutlass Series