Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Galant
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 04:36 AM   #1
sallyjayd
AF Newbie

Lightbulb "97 galant" every 97 galant radio code is not 3844! here is what I did to get my code

I tried "97 galant" 3844 then 5283 then some randon #
I got the radio to the locked *OFF*

I searched for mitsubishi dealers on the web (since my phone book has none, can you beleive it?) found www.cars.com click on "find a car dealer near you (bottom of the BUY USED/NEW box) highlight mitsubishi type your zip. I did 150 miles. My closes dealer is 53 mile away. arranged by distance
printed the page marked off the long distance # which only left the ones with toll free numbers 800 866 877

I called 4 different dealers 1- left a measage on a machine, 1 left a message with a lady after a 10 min wait. 1 never answered.

last one I talked to a lady who put me directly through to a mechanic who was very nice. who told I needed a ser # off the radio (thanks to all of the help off this board I already Knew I needed) he was going to tell me how to take out the radio to get the # I told him I had 3 # off the radio already so He told me to give it to the part person and he could get the code for me. VERY NICE PERSON. when the parts person got on the phone he said I needed to get the ser # I told him I had it and proceed to give it to him. He asked me to wait til he got the sceen up then said could you PLEASE repeat then miss. VERY NICE I haven't heard miss (sound much younger than mam) in years or please for that matter.
I repeated it and he said that there are 2 code he said I sorry I need a second # I said I have 2 more off the radio right here which might it be he say oh (like he was glad I didn't have to pull the radio out again (how sweet is that?)) he said it should start with a mr so I gave it to him. and he asked if I had a pen handy and if I had something to write it down. and he gave it to me. all took less time then the last three call put together. He also said he was pleasently surprised that I had the ser # OFF THE RADIO and not the vin # OFF THE CAR most people call with. (thank to everyone here who answered someone's question about that radio code and the ser #)

I told him I heard if I enter the wrong code 3 x it would lock the radio and if I did is there a way I can save it so I could enter the code again he told me to keep the car in acc for 1/2 to 1 hour (this didn't work alone) So thanks to "rainfever" I left the car run for an hour, and turned on the radio and it had code again..
the part person even told me how to program it and all. said If I had any problems just to call back and they would help. but He knew I could do it.

very nice guy I did catch his name or I would be sending a box of chocolate and some roses.

One of the original dealer I left a message at final called back but wanted $25.00 for the code. So I would suggust calling around til you find that nice dealer then get ever dealer part you need from THEM. I will! they are only 85 mile away will be worth ever mile!

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP ON THE RADIO CODE

Last edited by sallyjayd; 04-19-2005 at 11:17 AM.
sallyjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 10:28 AM   #2
Manfu
AF Newbie

Re: "97 galant" every 97 galant radio code is not 3844! here is what I did to get my code

I need help for a RadioCode for Galant 98.I tried 3844 and 5283 but does´nt work.
My radio serial number is 71178395 and VIN 4A3AJ56G9WEO 11008.
Somebody can help me please
My E-mail is mafur03@yahoo.com
Manfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 12:11 PM   #3
sallyjayd
AF Newbie

I think to get it would be the same "Short version"

everyone's code is different

step by step

1st off
YOU WILL NEED THE 2 NUMBERS OFF OF THE RADIO (serial #, Mr or the number that starts with MR (could be needed)) having all # off the radio will not hurt

1) CLINK www.cars.com
2) CLICK "find a car dealer near you" (bottom of the gray *BUY* USED/NEW box)
3) HIGHLIGHT mitsubishi
CHANGE "Search Within" from 30 to 150 miles. (If none come up increase the searching distance)
TYPE your zip code
4) CLINK find a dealer
5) PRINT the pages
6) marked off the long distance # (toll free numbers begin with 800 866 877 (toll free # are free calls)
7) start calling
8) if they want $
9) hang up
10) call the next on the list until you find someone who will give it to you free.

if the radio has OFF on it instead of CODE

1) turn the radio off
2) start the car and let it run for an hour.
3) turn back on the radio
4) should be back to code
5) enter the right code
sallyjayd is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Galant