Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 01:58 AM   #1
palulukon
AF Newbie

1990 fox needs alternator pulley

hi,

i am posting for a friend of mine who is not computer savvy. she has a 1990 fox that needs the pulley that is attached to the alternator. sorry to say, she went to autozone for a new alternator and the fellow who put the alt on bent the pulley (autozone will not cover the damages, so don't suggest...she already tried). she has called all the junk yards in northwest arkansas to no avail. she is a cashier at a store where i shop and not allot of money. does anyone here know where i can locate a pulley or pulley alternator combo used?

thanks,

rose
palulukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:09 PM   #2
spasticone
AF Regular

Re: 1990 fox needs alternator pulley

Rose... I don't know how many yards are keeping 90 fox's anymore, but it may pay to call a local vw dealer. I've had a few good expeiences and a great deal of bad one trying to find somewhat obsolete vw parts at the dealer. The key is, they have trouble finding parts too, so they may be able to tell you where to look. Also try online at a place like www.uneedapart.com . If they don't have it, they will try and find it, most of the time. good luck!
spasticone is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > General Discussion