Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 5 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-18-2001, 03:46 PM   #1
viet007
AF Newbie

Thumbs up to all BMW gurus

I 've recently changed the timing chain and oil pump on this 525i (M50) engine.However, I did not have the camshaft TDC alignment tool as required.I made some marks and tried to align it.___It did not start!
I 've checked for firing and found none.There was no pulsating ground signal from the DME(computer).Could you tell me if my possibility of misalignning the timming chain could have led to this problem?
Also, I made a small cut on the cam sensor's harness ' cover to verify the wire colors because i could not tell if it should connect to the cam sensor or to the crank sensor.I did not realized that i've cut through a layer of shield which connected to ground(but i did not cut it all the way around).Could this have caused the problem also?
I Plead for your help because i have beem unable to get it started for over a month already and I 'm running out of resources.Any susgestion is deeply appreciated.
viet007 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 5 Series