Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > JDM Motor & Parts info/chat
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
JDM Motor & Parts info/chat Discussions on Mugen, Spoon etc. Plus, info on motor swaps (b18 's, b16's h22's etc) and other JDM info!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 12:19 AM   #31
CivicSpoon
There is no Spoon

Re: b18c1 vs h22a Choose??

I was just letting you know how grossly misinformed you are. Your post shows that once again. Saying that the cylinder walls are thin so it's bad for boost is wrong. The stock cylinder walls are stronger than the sleeves of the b-series engines. It's another twisted fact about the h22a. The problem is that most aftermarket pistons don't react well with the stock sleeves. And as 94PreludeJDM stated, the Prelude is heavier than an Integra. So seeing the power of the Prelude has nothing to do with the power of an h22a in an Integra. And yes, the h22a isn't a straight forward swap like a B-series engines; but it's certainly more powerful. And I quoted you word for word, you didn't specify which b-series were included.

Preludes aren't that fast. Most people who want to drag race either buy a Civic or Integra (H/A owners anyways); because of their weights. You're absolutely right about the GS-R thing, most people do use them. It doesn't mean it's superior, they are just easier swaps to do, cheaper to swap and build, and leave more room in the engine bay to do it. There are tons of aftermarket support for h22's, there may not be as many different companes flooding the market with parts. You can buy any part for an h22 that you could buy for a b18c.
CivicSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 12:27 AM   #32
SiGNAL748
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to SiGNAL748 Send a message via MSN to SiGNAL748
one more fanboy post projectgsr...and then i'll start arguing...
Old 10-27-2005, 01:54 AM   #33
94PreludeJDM
AF Enthusiast

1) Yes, a stock prelude, 4th gen, runs a 15.2, and can even dip into the high 14's, USDM. 2) I never said the type S was stronger, just that an engine with 220hp existed. 3) I actually AGREED with you on getting the b18. 4)Let's compare the amount of civics and integras you see on the road to the number of preludes...you see more racing simply because there are more of them to begin with. I go to Lebanon Valley Speedway and always see numerous ludes there. And the reason there are more parts for it is not because it's a "better engine" it's because there's more civics and integras, so the demand is higher.
94PreludeJDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:21 PM   #34
projectgsr
AF Regular

1) Sorry if I sounded a little harsh last night. I know it's no excuse but I was a little drunk. 2) The word cheap should have nothing to do with professional drag racing. You don't think people like Papadakis and Tran have enough money to finance whatever they want? 3) Ok so a Lude can run a 15.2 quarter mile. What about a JDM Type R? 4) No offense but the argument that "the reason Civic's and Integra's have more part's is because there are more of them" is kind of weak. It's lacking something. That's not the complete picture. 5) I'm sorry but what exactly is a "fanboy post"? Please explain. 6) For the record I am not trying to upset anybody. I mean after all, what do we have this forum for anyway's?
JDM B18C, LSD tranny, Exedy flywheel/clutch, AEM intake, Greddy cat back, stainless header, Skunk2 manifold, Koyo radiator, Tokico Illumina full coilovers, black 17" Konig Hurry's, dc strut bars, custom cf hood, poly motor mounts, alum. battery bracket, b&m short shifter, Viper alarm, spoon chip, Tenzo R seats, Kenwood amp, Pioneer and MTX speakers w/cross over's, euro antenna, NGK wire's and plugs, Mobil 1 syn. and a whole lot of attitude.

9.4 sec 1/8 mile at Irwindale 4/20/06
projectgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 08:29 PM   #35
94PreludeJDM
AF Enthusiast

Sorry if you think the argument that there's less of an aftermarket for ludes is because the demand isn't as high, but that's the reason, simple supply and demand as well as marketing to the area that will make the most money.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:24 PM   #36
projectgsr
AF Regular

By the way, why did the Prelude become extinct? I mean almost every other Honda out there out sold it. I even heard once that the V6 Accord had something to do with that also. Something about how most people figured they might as well get something with a bigger and better engine around the same price range (Prelude's were a bit over priced by the way) and even around the same weight when your comparing a 2 door Accord. Might as well just buy an Accord right? Not to get off the subject of engine's but my car weighs less than 2,700 lbs. stock. So whoever say's that the extra 20 or 30 extra ponies will make up the difference has another thing coming. As of right now my car would even out handle a Type SH Lude with my LSD transmission, Tokico Illumina R true coilover's with adjustable ride height and damper, and my strut bar's. With all that added up it would still be alot less money, I would use less gas than a Prelude (even though my engine does rev up alot more than my opponent), and my resale value and demand would be much higher than the Prelude's. Which bring's up another subject. Since there is so many more Integra's out there compared to Prelude's how come it is SO much more easier to find a Prelude to buy compared to any Integra (even LS, GS, automatic, ect.)??? Not that this has anything to do with anything but I was just wondering.
JDM B18C, LSD tranny, Exedy flywheel/clutch, AEM intake, Greddy cat back, stainless header, Skunk2 manifold, Koyo radiator, Tokico Illumina full coilovers, black 17" Konig Hurry's, dc strut bars, custom cf hood, poly motor mounts, alum. battery bracket, b&m short shifter, Viper alarm, spoon chip, Tenzo R seats, Kenwood amp, Pioneer and MTX speakers w/cross over's, euro antenna, NGK wire's and plugs, Mobil 1 syn. and a whole lot of attitude.

Old 10-27-2005, 11:41 PM   #37
94PreludeJDM
AF Enthusiast

True, the prelude was a bit overpriced for it's class, and the fact that the accord offered more room because the back seat was actually functional was a big part of it, a family couldn't buy a prelude. The V6 accord, however, was not faster than the prelude until the new model with 240hp was offered, which is why you never see people tuning V6 accords. Now lets look at statistics. V6 accord listed weight...3282 pounds. Integra GS-R listed weight (top trim)...2667lbs. Prelude VTEC listed weight (also top trim)...2765lbs. A difference of less than 100lbs. The difference is barely anything. Second, where are you seeing Integras going for more than Preludes? Kelly Blue Book Value of a 1994 GS-R with 100K miles is $3,625. A VTEC Prelude of the same year is valued at $4,675. And granted it will fluctuate depending on what is listed at a given time, the average prices of the same cars on Autotrader are about the same. Not to mention there are 73 1994 preludes listed, and 247 1994 Integras listed, so clearly there are far more Integras. That said, it seems clear that I'm not going to change your mind, nor are you going to change mine, but at least provide references and facts instead of what you think. So let's just settle on you like your car better than a Prelude, and I like my car better than an Integra. And once again, to the original poster, I say go with a B-series.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:35 AM   #38
Schister66
AF -Advisor

Send a message via AIM to Schister66 Send a message via MSN to Schister66

i say you get a K20.....want one, i'll sell you one for a good deal......possibly!
Old 10-29-2005, 07:25 PM   #39
projectgsr
AF Regular

Thanks but no thanks on the k20. But if you have a b18c by chance then I wouldn't mind taking that off your hands so that I can buy a crx or civic hatch and drop that in it. After boosting my GSR that's one of my next plans. Oh and back to the Prelude weight thing. I guess I stand corrected, unless of course this article has any meaning:
http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/compa...1/page005.html
Sorry I couldn't make it easy on you and give you a link (it wouldn't work) but if you type all that in you'll learn that the last generation Prelude (I think that would be 3rd or 4th) weighs over 3,000 lbs. Something like 3,040. Maybe you were refering to your generation (1994) because they are smaller but not as powerful. Anyways I just wanted to add that. But you are right, we should call a truce. I like my car and you like your's. Which is the way it should be.

Old 10-29-2005, 09:13 PM   #40
Schister66
AF -Advisor

Send a message via AIM to Schister66 Send a message via MSN to Schister66

I'd sell you my B18C1, but its in my car and i plan on keepin it there.....
Old 10-30-2005, 06:05 PM   #41
AllmotorBB6
AF Enthusiast

h22 all the way
AllmotorBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > JDM Motor & Parts info/chat