Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-11-2001, 08:49 PM   #1
enzo@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to enzo@af Send a message via AIM to enzo@af
Does anyone know...
1) The order of the stories (all of them) and the names of each.
2) How many more will be made into movies, and when will they be coming?
3) How many are in the series? Just 6?

I'd just like to know more about them, so if you have any good link or if anyone out there is a Star Wars nut, it would be nice to know. Thanks.
Old 02-12-2001, 07:25 PM   #2
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche
From what I can gather...

1. Episode 1: The Phantom Menance
4. Star Wars: A New Hope
5. The Empire Strikes Back
6. Return of the Jedi

The second one finished filimng in the fall and they now have to add in the computer effects. As for Episode three and 6+ i'm not sure.

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2001, 07:41 PM   #3
enzo@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to enzo@af Send a message via AIM to enzo@af
You say 6+...does that mean that there will be more after Return of the Jedi...or that you don't know?
Old 02-12-2001, 07:44 PM   #4
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche

Well there has been no actual confirmation of that but there are tons of spin-offs and such things. Got to goolge and search the stuff off of fan sites or something.

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2001, 07:47 PM   #5
RacingManiac
AF Newbie

I heard in the beginning in the drafting stage. There were 9 stories in total. Lucas said he will only make the first 6 into movies. The rest will only be books....The reason he chose 4, 5, 6 to start with is because they have more interesting stories compare to the others....
Old 02-12-2001, 09:49 PM   #6
MBTN
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MBTN
Didn't they make like 30 books though? Or are some of those books separated into 1 story?
Old 02-13-2001, 11:02 AM   #7
ichthus
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to ichthus Send a message via AIM to ichthus Send a message via Yahoo to ichthus
Indeed, the original plan included 9 different movies...kind of. George Lucas began by writing a single epic which he found was much too long for one movie so he split it up into 3 seperate story lines. He began filling in the gaps and ended up with 9 basic movie scripts. Episode 4, Star Wars: A New Hope was the only movie he ever expected to make. Even after several weeks at #1 in the box office he didn't believe the movie was going to be much of a success. By the end of it's reign his imagination had really started to get going, but after producing the original trilogy it seemed unlikely that anymore movies would ever be released. Due to the large number of books he's authorized, the final 3 Episode's will never to made into movies in their original form. He would literally have to jump forward another 30+ years if he wanted to make anymore movies...and that's assuming he cut off the books right now. Go here: http://www.randomhouse.com/delrey/st.../timeline.html for a complete timeline of the Star Wars Universe...

The most interesting aspect of all these books and the comic strips is that George Lucas dictates the actual storyline. Nothing is produced without his say so...
Old 02-13-2001, 02:10 PM   #8
Lizard King
AF Enthusiast

Lucas has a HUGE neck.

I never knew all the stories were already written.
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2001, 03:36 PM   #9
ichthus
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to ichthus Send a message via AIM to ichthus Send a message via Yahoo to ichthus
Basically, Lucas gives the author an outline which they must follow. The application process for becoming a Star Wars author is quite lengthy, and before writing a book each author must read all others written along with several books explaining the "rules" of the Star Wars universe...from Physics to the Force. Once the book is written it is reviewed by several different people for problems or discrepencies and I believe that Lucas reads it for quality assurance.

Interesting stuff, but a few mistakes do slip through...even in the movies.
Old 02-19-2001, 01:51 PM   #10
Lizard King
AF Enthusiast

I don't really follow Starwars, but I've seen a huge amount of comic books out there. Do they all follow the rules?

The Starwars universe rules, along with hugly imaginative characters, are what makes it the best space based series.
I think it brought a whole new type of fan into sci-fi. Fans that wouldn't touch something like Star Trek. I know thats how it was for me.
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2001, 01:58 PM   #11
ichthus
AF Newbie

Yeah, the comics by Dark Horse follow also have dictated storylines, but I haven't read any of them. Never been a big comicbook fan...