Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: Would i buy it Again?
After owning a 1999 or newer GM truck, I would not hesitate to buy another GM truck! 186 65.03%
After owning a 1999 or newer GM truck, I would shop other makers looking for better quality, before buying another GM truck! 63 22.03%
After owning a 1999 or newer GM truck, I would never consider purchasing another GM truck, period! 37 12.94%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 06:02 PM   #1
jumpingjack66
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to jumpingjack66
Question Would you buy it again?

im not sure how to do this its my first pole...JJ

1. I love my 1999 or newer GM truck and I would buy another GM truck Without hesitation!

2. After owning a 1999 or newer GM truck I would search other truck makers for better quality, before deciding to buy another GM truck!

3. After suffering through all of the GM truck factory defects of the past 5 years models, I will never again buy another GM truck!
Old 09-15-2004, 06:11 PM   #2
jumpingjack66
AF Regular

Re: Would you buy it again?

I figured it out now...JJ
Old 09-15-2004, 08:51 PM   #3
jumpingjack66
AF Regular

bump
2000 Silverado Victory Red, standard cab, short bed, short wheelbase, 4X4, 4.8L, 5 speed, 4:10 locking rear diff, K&n FIPK, Ryno lined all the way over bed rail, heavy half suspension,factory skid plates,Fog lights, BFG 285/75/16 A/T's, dashmat, Stealth Radar.
lots of special options some installed by me!

1980 Suzuki GS1100E Super fast
Old 09-16-2004, 08:08 AM   #4
jeep_cj4x4
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to jeep_cj4x4 Send a message via Yahoo to jeep_cj4x4
Factory recalls and occasional fixit yourself jobs arent a problem with me. As long as the factory fixes known issues that they are responsible for and aslong as it's not every week, I'm fine with that. As for the little jobs that I can do myself, this is the newest vehicle I've worked on. I'm used to 80's and older so any knowledge I can gain by working on my own vehicle I love. There's always the occasional bad apple that has extra bug than the rest, sorry some of you have ended up with those. I'm sure it's unlikely it will happen with the next vehicle also.

my $.02

I just found this forum board about a week ago and have already fixed the sticky throttle, fuel sending unit and gotten alot of good technical info on some mods I'm considering. All thanks to the good info everyone submits.

2004.5 Silverado 2500HD 4X4, LLY, Banks 6-gun/speed brake/intake, Dual bypass oil filter, 4" exhaust, 265/75R16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo2, AirLift airbags, AMSOIL in everything!

84k miles/30NOV11

Yeasu 857D/ATAS-120A - "When all else fails..."

Old 09-16-2004, 09:01 AM   #5
jeverett
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to jeverett Send a message via AIM to jeverett Send a message via MSN to jeverett Send a message via Yahoo to jeverett

I'd just like to see the 4x4's sit up high like the ford and dodge...
"BIG 3"
2500+ watt audio

Old 09-16-2004, 09:15 AM   #6
jeep_cj4x4
AF Regular

Re: Re: Would you buy it again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverett
I'd just like to see the 4x4's sit up high like the ford and dodge...
Ditto.....I'm wanting to raise my 2wd. The bupstops in the front are about 1+/- inch from the lower A-arm and I can see that it's been hitting. I'm thinking of either finding some 3/4 ton springs to put all around or just buying a 2-3 inch suspension lift.

2004.5 Silverado 2500HD 4X4, LLY, Banks 6-gun/speed brake/intake, Dual bypass oil filter, 4" exhaust, 265/75R16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo2, AirLift airbags, AMSOIL in everything!

84k miles/30NOV11

Old 09-16-2004, 10:27 AM   #7
jumpingjack66
AF Regular

Maybe i should have stipulated a milage level, because i think most people turn there trucks over before the warrenty goes out and when the warrenty goes out thats when you are trully screwed with these trucks. JJ
2000 Silverado Victory Red, standard cab, short bed, short wheelbase, 4X4, 4.8L, 5 speed, 4:10 locking rear diff, K&n FIPK, Ryno lined all the way over bed rail, heavy half suspension,factory skid plates,Fog lights, BFG 285/75/16 A/T's, dashmat, Stealth Radar.
lots of special options some installed by me!

1980 Suzuki GS1100E Super fast
Old 09-16-2004, 11:28 AM   #8
jeep_cj4x4
AF Regular

I'm right at 75K and bought the truck second hand at ~60K in sept'03.

84k miles/30NOV11

Old 09-21-2004, 07:03 PM   #9
GMCMudBogger
AF Enthusiast

Once GM Puts a Dana 60 back on the front of a 4x4 maybe then will I consider buying another.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:28 PM   #10
TXAGG05
AF Regular

hmmm, tough decision. I've got 53k on a 2002 and I'm the first owner with no problems. I too wish they'd go to a solid axle, mostly on the 3/4 and 1 tons. I'd like to have a duramax for my next truck and replacement bumper, but I don't have faith in the IFS for a heavily loaded front end. The IFS likes to eat tires as well as parts it seems. I don't like Ford interiors, and Dodge transmissions(automatics) are known for trouble(had one rebuilt three times in 2 years).
For the 1/2 tons, Chevy has me sold. Planning on keeping my Z71 even after I can afford a Suburban. It's fast(for a 4x4), tows well, drives well, and looks great.
my 2 cents.
Jeb
(need to take a new pic of my truck with the new tires for the gallery)
Old 10-01-2004, 04:25 AM   #11
Mork
AF Regular

Would I buy again?

I am 42 years old and have owned approximatley 30 vehicals over the years all but one being Chev. My 99 Silverado has been a real dissappointment. It rides like a tank, has far to many irritating issues such as tailgate cables, Fuel gauge/pump problems, clunk during shifting, etc........

Would I buy again? Never...... This has left such a sour taste in my mouth. I mean when is it all going to come to a head? These are $50K dollar vehicals here in Canada and having to shake them after the warranty runs out due to poor engineering issues is in my opinion criminal. I will never own another GM product. My next truck will be a new Ford ot Nissan Titan.
Old 10-01-2004, 07:03 PM   #12
KPVSR
AF Newbie

The only thing right now besides money that would keep me from getting a new chevy is I really do not like the looks of new chevy trucks. That slanted head light thing and the whole front end for that matter is really stupid looking in my opinion, esspecially on the two wheel drive models. Until they change designs again to something more appealing to me I will continue to drive my '98 and rebuild it if ever needed.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:01 PM   #13
gremlin96
AF Regular

Unhappy

the dealer turned me off on buying a another chevy. I had to call chevys main office to get there dealers insurance and extended warranty removed, even though in the contract it said I could cancel at any time. then I had to sit through a two hour pitch on how I should keep the warranty and insurance, that I told them in the first place I did not want to began with.

after sitting in there office with the sales man sticking that paper work in my hand saying sign it then you can remove it latter if you want. I told him I will have it removed any way I all ready have a insurance company.

they kinda got pissed that I would call there main office and complain.

they keep pulling stunts like that with all the paper work.

one service took me 7 hours to drain the hydraulic clutch, the paper work said that the hole operation took 30 min.
I have other problems but no dealer will loan me a truck for a day. I bought a work truck so I could work, I use it for work. a hatch back that mite runs will not put bread on my table.

since I bought this truck I have bought two toyoda pickups for my trucking co. after i sell this truck its being replaced with a toyoda.
Old 10-02-2004, 05:45 AM   #14
knocker69er
AF Newbie

Smile Hi

No!!! Had a 2000 Sierra with 12,175 miles on it and extended warranty. Nothing but problems with this truck since day one. Dealership never wanted to fix the problem on the first appointment. Each problem with the truck took at least 3 visits to the dealership to finally get it fixed or after I called the 1-800 GM phone number they would all of a sudden find a fix for the problem. It was in the dealership for at least 20 different problems. I know several people with same year Toyota's that have double the mileage then mine with not one problem. Yeah maybe I got a lemon but I will never buy a GM product again cuz of there lousy service and quality. Luckily I just sold my Sierra two weeks ago....toyota here I come.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:22 PM   #15
Silver X
AF Newbie

NO you didnt buy A lemon!! I have the same exact problems with my chevy. Nothing but problems with this truck from day one and not to mention the service. According to the dealerships these trucks dont have any problems! Best selling truck in the U.S right. I think GM better get A reality check real soon because they are gonna loose alot of customers.I know they just lost me.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado