Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Astro > M Bodies
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 10:55 AM   #1
captinhowdy
AF Newbie

poping/ backfiring

88 astro 4.3 i have replaced the distributor ( pickup coil was going bad) distributor cap and rotor coil and module rebuilt the EfI and new fuel injectors. i replaced a bad vacuum line and the map sensor that was sending a code for high voltage. i also replaced the throttle position sensor.i still have a pop / backfire though the throttle body when i punch it from a red light and sometimes when i am driving . would this be the timing? i moved and did not bring all my tools with me yet and can not find a timing light with anyone i know in this new town. jax fl. i did set it the best i could using a vacuum gage and my ear.anyone have any ideas i am at a loses to get it to stop pop/ backfiring.and feel like i am and getting no were with this.
captinhowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:34 AM   #2
captinhowdy
AF Newbie

Re: poping/ backfiring

also did new plugs and checked all wires and a new fuel filter when i did the tune up. have set the timing with a light i was only 4 degrees off. also changed the fuel pump.i tested the knock sensor last night and it was not working i have a extra module pack for it so i swapped it out and got no change so i am going to get a knock sensor and replace the one in the block next.thanks for all your help on this web page. it is nice to know who i can ask for advice when i have a question.

Last edited by captinhowdy; 05-08-2011 at 01:37 PM.
captinhowdy is offline   Reply With Quote