Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 08:15 AM   #1
zumbooboo
AF Newbie

pulls to the right

Just got a 2002 Xterra 4wd SE-SC.
Trying to get the dealer to correct a pull to the right, they say they did a front end alignment with the safety. And the salesman keeps saying that this is normal for an xterra, hes not a mechanic so I've got my doubts on that one.

Any thoughts?
zumbooboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 08:28 AM   #2
G.A.S.
AF Regular

Re: pulls to the right

I took my ZR2 in for a front end alingment and when I got it back it pulled to the right and the guy told me that it is suposed to pull to the right so if you were to fall asleep while driveing you would go into the ditch before hitting someone head on.
what a bunch of crap .
Take that right back and have them check all the front end parts and re-do the alignment. If they wont, tell them your taking it to a reputable front end establishment, having it done right and sending them the bill.
They should take care of the problem right.
G.A.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:35 PM   #3
chubbybubba1
AF Regular

Sounds to simple, but have the front right tire inspected for a "slipped belt." Maybe the prior owner whacked a curb once or twice. Also remember, for the most part roadways are built with a crown to aid water runoff. It's hard to find a truly flat roadway to see if your pulling to the right. An empty parking lot might work better.
chubbybubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:54 PM   #4
davidx2000
ChevyK1500/Chrysler T/C

Mine has pulled to the right ever since I've owned it. It's been through several alignments as well!

Sum it up to an Xterra quirk in my book!
davidx2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:51 PM   #5
jmak
AF Newbie

Most roads have a crown to them so water can drain off of them . I noticed my Xterra pulls a little to the right. When I bring it onto an interstate and drive in the left lane it stops pulling because the crown is gone. I think the width of the tires also contributes to this issue.
jmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:58 PM   #6
jmak
AF Newbie

Most roads have a crown to them so water can drain off of them . I noticed my Xterra pulls a little to the right. When I bring it onto an interstate and drive in the left lane it stops pulling because the crown is gone. I think the width of the tires also contributes to this issue.
jmak is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail