Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 05:59 PM   #31
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
most systems have to remove/relocate the spare b/c of the tight space constraints...

the split rear set up goes up over the axle, then splits to the driver's side, right behind the axle, right in the area occupied by the spare tire... which is why it won't work... too tight of a fit...
flylwsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2003, 11:24 PM   #32
XOTech
AF Regular

Spare

Good observation Fly,

That is a typical problem of most vendor kits. Yet another reason why I chose to design my own system. I did not have to relocate my spare tire. I don't believe there are any vendor kits that allow for the spare tire to remain in its original position.

Offerings of the Ferrari F50, Enzo to the 250 GTO, Lamborghini 350GT to the Murcielago, Jaguar XJ220 and XJR-15 to the Mercedes CLK GTR, Porsche GT1 and Carrera GT, Bugatti EB110 and Veyron and everything in between.
And of course, the McLaren F1. Anywhere worldwide.
XOTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 11:21 PM   #33
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
yeah...

the reason for that is that there are too many variables to produce a kit that will fit allllllll the different vehicles, depending on things like the size of the spare, etc...

most of the time, those kits could fit, but are too tight, which is why your custom kit works great, b/c it's made specific to what's under your truck...
flylwsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 09:17 PM   #34
pags1597
AF Newbie

I just installed a magnaflo cat backsystem in my 2000 5.3 Z71. 3" stainless, polished tip, looks great and sounds even better. Absolutely the best fitting bolt on anything I've ever delt with. Very happy with the sound outside and inside the cab. My
pags1597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 12:54 PM   #35
fwkid30
AF Newbie

Re: Exhaust for 5.3 liter 2002 Silverado

correct me if im wrong, dont all of these trucks(mines a'00 3-door sierra) come with separate cats that go thru a d/i-d/o muffler? my 2 chamber flowmasters sound awesome(200k miles on them) but about 50k or so miles ago,i started noticing various rattles coming from what i thought was the duals vibrating against the truck. i've got it isolated to what sounds like chunks of metal rattling around inside the mufflers themselves. could it be pieces of the cats, or mufflers themselves breakin up? i havent had time to take it back to exhaust place yet.. a simple fix i hope
fwkid30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:34 PM   #36
daleheller
AF Newbie

Smile Re: Exhaust for 5.3 liter 2002 Silverado

I have an '05 Silverado with the 5.3 liter. I went with the Magnaflow. I had heard many posts about others rusting out prematurely, so stainless was a big item for me. The Magnaflow was the perfect install. I installed myself and everything fit perfectly.

The sound, ahhhh, the sound.. Deep and at wide open throttle, you really notice the difference and appreciate the quality.

Beware, there is some resonance, so you may want to insulate the cab with Dynamat or something similar. My Polks and Infinity Basslink minimized that, but still need some deadoning.

For my money, you can't go wrong with the MagnoFlow, the tips look great too.

I just did a Volant cold air kit today with the ram air option. Noticable improvement. Next on the list, is the performance chips and tuners. Not sure which one yet, perhaps the Diablo.

Good Luck
daleheller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:13 AM   #37
sub006
AF Enthusiast

My son put a Gibson single 3" system on his '04 Silverado Z71, plus a K & N FIPK intake system. The combination sounds awesome. In the cab, his FIPK growls from under the hood exactly like the real headers on my '90 383 Suburban.
sub006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 02:39 AM   #38
dirtrider126
AF Newbie

go with a nelson tune
dirtrider126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:21 AM   #39
bluevenomgt
AF Newbie

whatever you get make sure its single in and dual out especially with the flowmasters it has a louder but lower rumble......and i think its the sound yousomewhat described that you want.
bluevenomgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:58 AM   #40
chuck16
AF Enthusiast

Little disheartened with the Magnaflow I put on my truck. Nice deep low grumbly sound but, at 1500-2000 RPM the Resonance in the cab is really annoying. I'm actually thinking about taking it off and putting the stock exhaust back on.

Maybe I'll just take the stock one and have some dual pipes welded out the back.

2008 GMC ACADIA
SLE Edition, 7 passenger model

I AM Canadian!!
chuck16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:09 PM   #41
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1

Guys, this thread goes way back to 2001. Let it go.

Mod, lock it.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:37 AM   #42
silverado122775
AF Enthusiast

If you want a simple system but great sounding exhaust. Cut the muffler out. DONE!!!
You get the nice low grumble when you accelerate, but not too loud when idle. But when you smash the accelerator, everyone will know you are comming
The best part, is that you can do it yourself if you wish or you can pay about $200 to have someone cut the exhaust out and run a a 4" pipe to the side like what I did.

2000 Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N GenII Air Intake, Y-pipe Exhaust (no muffler), Bosch Platnium +4 plugs, 242k miles and still running.
silverado122775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:24 PM   #43
daleheller
AF Newbie

Go with MagnaFlow, they have the best sound - not like a wanna-be yuppy that just wants NOISE !

Stay away from Gibson, rust out too fast....
daleheller is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado