Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 02:12 PM   #106
bzieman2
AF Newbie

Re: 2003 Trans. Clunking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedavalanche
I have a 03 avalanche and I have similiar problems. I took it to the Dealer and I have no problems. I taled to a performance shop and they let mu use a Hypertech power programer for a week. Wow what a difference. It really smothed up the transmision.

Supposibly the reason people are haveing problems today is GM found that they get better life out of a transmission if it shifts down, istead of locking up the tourqe converter witch causing heat.

I have been in a few trucks and mine is "was" the worst.

With Hypertech it is like my 98' used to be.......................

Good luck
Hey, good luck with your 04 ford... My dad has it and the trans has gone twice. Oh, and my cousin has one as well it went at only 30,000 miles. I like them both, but unfortunately your either going to get a good one or your not. My 03 Sierra has 114,000 miles and has run perfectly so far.
bzieman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 02:13 PM   #107
bzieman2
AF Newbie

Re: 2003 Trans. Clunking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedavalanche
I have a 03 avalanche and I have similiar problems. I took it to the Dealer and I have no problems. I taled to a performance shop and they let mu use a Hypertech power programer for a week. Wow what a difference. It really smothed up the transmision.

Supposibly the reason people are haveing problems today is GM found that they get better life out of a transmission if it shifts down, istead of locking up the tourqe converter witch causing heat.

I have been in a few trucks and mine is "was" the worst.

With Hypertech it is like my 98' used to be.......................

Good luck
Hey, good luck with your 04 ford... My dad has it and the trans has gone twice. Oh, and my cousin has one as well it went at only 30,000 miles. I like them both (the F150 and the chevys), but unfortunately your either going to get a good one or your not. My 03 Sierra has 114,000 miles and has run perfectly so far.
bzieman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 06:40 AM   #108
ColoradoSilverado
AF Regular

Isn't this what the TransGo shift kit will elimiate ? I'm going to installthisshift kit myself coming weekend and let you guys know. My truck has 113,000 miles on it with the transmission clunking being the only problem.

ColoradoSilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:52 AM   #109
rrousou
AF Regular

And GM can't figure out why they are losing market share to Toyota and Nissan. There's a reason why you are seeing a lot of these trucks out there lately. Ever notice that they don't need to have big discounts in order to sell these trucks. Quality sells....Junk doesn't
rrousou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 03:30 PM   #110
74 laguna
AF Newbie

We had a clunk noise in the drivetrain of our 2001 Silverado and the dealer installed a nickel plated slip yoke, that was 15,000 miles ago and is is still very quiet. Now that we have the drivetrain noise and the steering column noise fixed it is as nice as driving a Ford, just kidding BlenderWizard.

If any of you are still having the clunk noise in the drive train you may want to ask your dealer about the nickel plated slip yoke, it worked for us.
74 laguna is offline   Reply With Quote