Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Triumph > TR6
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 04:17 PM   #16
canuck
AF Newbie

tr6 info

the tr6 was from 69-76, not 75. i know, a small detail to fret over.

the tr3 did not have a rear seat. it had a "plank" that you could rest stuff on. my dad had a tr3 when i was 4 and he would stick us in the back so some could say it was a back seat.

looking for triple webers. anyone have any? i'll trade my hardtop for a set. also wanting info on a good header and exhaust to go with triples.

damian
'75 tr6
ontario
canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 09:57 PM   #17
01BMW3Coupe
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 01BMW3Coupe
yeah ur right...76 it was....that was a typo. If u want high performance exhaust/headers, especially in conjuntion with 40DCOE webers, then i recommend the Ansa free flow exhaust and tubular headers. You can get them both from moss motors .www.mossmotors.com I have both and the headers alone save like 35lbs off the front end compared to the old cast iron exhaust manifold. Those used with the webers give a great run from the money and the car has a wonderful low V-8 growl....kind like a ferrari (Ansa has been making exhuasts for Ferrari for 40 years now). As for teh free flow exhuast, theres 4 pipes in total, some custom fitting will be needed since the kit does not include intermediate pipes. The same story for the headers....i needed them professionally done.
01BMW3Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 10:40 PM   #18
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
I still have a GREAT set of headers from my old 2500TC, they were designed for a TR6 though, and were the last set made by a company here in NZ.

Shipping them stateside would be a bit expensive, and I dont really want to part with them, but if you know a really good exhaust shop I will gladly take pics of them and measure them up for you.

Thier a fairly simple 3-2-1 set up, and when combined with cam, head work and carbs (175 strombergs from a Lotus Elan of all things) hp went from 105hp to 150.
On fuel injection it should have been good for 180+

The old manifold is a bit of joke, built like the engine before invention of flow benchs.
The whole head benifits from a good flow by a proffesinal on a flow bench, and with a set of webbers, or the orginal Fuel injection set up they are great torqey engines. I really do miss mine.

If you get really serious there was a company in the UK that developed an PFI set up useing the stock manifold modified to accept Nissan Skyline injectors, and run with a chipped Nissan ECU.