Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 08:24 AM   #1
-Davo
Banned

Music to get intoxicated to

I in no way condone the actions of drinking alcohol, nor do I condone underage drinking, this thread is about those who do enjoy a sip of the ol' brute, or Shiraz, or half a case of beer.

That being said, so I don't get banned or my fantastic idea of a thread deleted/locked, when you do enjoy your bottle of alcoholic goodness, what do you sing along to?

In April I took a week of World of Warcraft (I had withdrawals about 2 hours into the trip...), parents, uni, and work (as...I got fired) off, just me.

I went away for 5 days, and got fucking pissed blind for about 5 days straight.

To gloat on my drinking accomplishments I drank a case of Toohey Extra Dry, 12 Guiness's, a bottle of Bacadi Rum, and a case of, yes, Carlton Draught.

The entire time I sat on my ass, and just sang my heart out to Metallica, Pantera, Pink Floyd, Sevendust (mainly the all-acoustic album), The Offspring, and prob a million more I can't think of. As well as playing my guitar and writing some tunes. I also went fishing with my carlton draught and my guitar.

2 weeks ago, around mid-october I went to my mates place and got pissed off a bottle of Bacardi Rum (I love my alcohol), I sat by my self singing sevendust, inflames, trivium, chimaira, metallica, offspring, pantera, pink floyd the list goes on. I love it

I love just sitting down by my self with a good drink, or 15, and just singing.

I can't really sing, I don't have the vocal cords to hold a perfect note (not relying on a source to hold pitch, thats what I call it anyway).

I don't do it all the time. But when I do get alone with some music, I can't stop.

That weekend, I reckon I was out on that porch for a good 4 hours just singing.

Is anyone else like me? I can't normally do it around people, but get my drink buddy in and I'll sing my heart out with the guy.

What music do you guys get pissed to?

Last edited by -Davo; 10-23-2006 at 08:26 AM. Reason: fucked up title
-Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:34 AM   #2
BrodyP
AF -Advisor

Re: Music to get intoxicated to

For smoking I enjoy Pink Floyd and Beastie Boys "In Sounds From Way Out"
For drinking I'd say I like Dave Mathews and old school classics, ya know stuff the whole bar can sing to. I was addicted to E for some time and during that time Techno was my best friend. I knew everything about every DJ and I thought I was a DJ myself. I dont miss those days at all. Drinking is a good time in moderation as well. I have plenty of friends who are alcoholics in there late 20's and its a shame. But be smart thats all. I also do not condon anything I have done but experimenting is part of life. Enjoy...

BrodyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 10:58 AM   #3
CaptainBennett
AF Regular

Seems like a lot of my friends get wasted to the Darkness quite frequently. It's too bad about their lead singer leaving the band.
CaptainBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:57 PM   #4
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44

I made an entire CD of music to smoke to (rap) this year. All songs about greenery. I love it. Copies are available for $10, PM me for details... or I could just put up a track list and you could download them yourself if anybody really wants the cd.

For drinking, I don't really have a song to listen to. The drunken me is too unpredictable to have a soundtrack. You never know if you get happy chris, stupid chris, falling down chris, joking chris, angry chris, violent chris, or sympathetic chris.

I'm like my own seven dwarfs... seven 6'5" dwarfs

00accord44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:07 PM   #5
vinnym86
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to vinnym86

oh god. i've got stoner mixes up the wazoo.
to get drunk to, usually anything fast paced, depending on company. could be metal, could be rap.
stoner mix usually slow/trippy rap. floyd, doors, Tool... etc.

Lately, i've been playing Jay-Z n DJ Dangermous's Gray Album. I made a thread about it earlier. basically Jay-Z's Black album mixed with Beatle's White album.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand to rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.
vinnym86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:33 AM   #6
-Davo
Banned

you guys a legends.

I've never been pissed to tool before, i've been pissed and listened to tool, its a whole different universe then, and I don't smoke pot so I don't know what that's like

Tomorrow night I'm gunna by a 12 pack of carltondraught and get pissed to sevendust because it's an emotion time of year, the last time I'll see my uni mates again :-(

Just think about your last day of highschool :-(
-Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:56 AM   #7
vinnym86
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to vinnym86

last day of high school? i was happy to know i'll never see 90% of my classmates again. buncha wankers.
College was different. I still miss the pple i met at my first college.

btw, great fucken bands to get drunk to: Dropkick Murpheys and Flogging Molly.
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand to rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed.
vinnym86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:57 PM   #8
beef_bourito
AF Enthusiast

well if you want "herbal" intoxication, then i like almost anything. I just get a feeling of euphoria around music when i'm "on cloud 9" but in particular are very chill songs or some of that trippy techno, the slower kind. but really, anything with a beat will make me soooo unbelievably happy.

as for drunken songs i like to chant, well i get drunk with my fellow engineering students quite often now, i drink with them more than anyone else so we sing alot of our chants (google engineers drinking song and you'll find some versions of it... actually here's a link to the ones we like to sing http://www.ceng.ca/songs.php they're pretty funny and fun) or we sing the "fuck you ottawa u" song (ottawa u, or ottawa university, is the other university in ottawa and our main rivals in sports and whatnot so we have a chant that we sing whenever we're in a big group and/or drunk and close to ottawa u students)

i don't really get drunk "to" music, but i'll listen to whatever while i'm drunk, won't really pay attention to it but i'll have it on. if i ever go camping and drink i'll probably sing some campfire songs intoxicated but that's as close to getting drunk to something as it gets, music isn't a big part of me being drunk.

Mr. T speaks only when necessary. His main form of communication is folding his arms and slowly shaking his head. And regardless of the situation, he is always understood.

On the A-team, Face , Haniabal, and Murdoch were all masters of disguise. Mr T didn't have to wear a disguise. The bad guys didn't recognize him out of fear.
beef_bourito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 02:25 PM   #9
CaptainBennett
AF Regular

ahhh, the grey album...thank you. I had some problems with my itunes library, and I am missing a few albums...and I now realize that that was one of them...great herbal cd
CaptainBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:25 PM   #10
BleedDodge
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to BleedDodge

Steve Earle. For sure.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic