Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Accent | Verna
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 09:14 PM   #1
thewoahna
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to thewoahna
Radio Install Help for 2005 Accent

OK, I am going to be installing a new CD player in a 2005 Accent. From what I can see, you have to remove the facing from around the radio/temp control area to remove the stock radio. Does anyone have any pics/DIY's/links or any help/info on removing the stock radio from the 2005 Accent?

Thanks!
-----------------------------------
Click here for some of my car pics/stats
thewoahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 12:50 PM   #2
Airhead315
AF Newbie

Re: Radio Install Help for 2005 Accent

I am also very interested in this process
Airhead315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 08:29 PM   #3
Matt.Halfyard
AF Newbie

Yeah i instaled a deck in my 96 accent i would imagine it is not much different all i had to do with mine was take 2 screws where the ash tray was out and there was like 4 clips i think if you are using a new wiring kit you might have some troubles figuring all the wires out again.

pm me if you need any help i can take some pictures or something that might help
Matt.Halfyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 03:00 PM   #4
Alex_D
AF Newbie

I'm trying to install a new cd player instead of a radio. I've got those two screws from the ash tray and four clips. The panel around the radio is pulled out but something is still holding it.

I've been at some electric service they say I'd need special keys to do it.

Please, advise if anybody knows how I could manage with all it.

Thanks
Alex_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 07:05 PM   #5
Alex_D
AF Newbie

I've managed to take off the radio.

However, I've stuck with wires so most likely I need to go to a service station.

Here is the nice link http://www.hmaservice.com/index.jsp
Here is that procedure if you cannot get it from there:

REMOVAL PROCEDURE:
  1. Record the customer's radio stations and disconnect the negative battery cable.
  1. Disconnect the two (2) heater control cables from the heater unit located underneath the driver-side dashboard.
  1. Pull out the ashtray and remove the two screws from the ashtray opening in the center facia panel.
  1. Pull out the center facia panel. NOTE
    It is not necessary to completely remove the facia panel.

CAUTION
    The metal retaining clips (4 total) may pop off while trying to remove the center facia panel.

1. Disconnect the three (3) electrical connections.
  1. Unscrew four (4) radio bracket screws.
  1. Disconnect the radio harness connector and antenna and pull out the radio.
  1. Remove two (2) brackets from both sides of the radio, the trim plate, and radio harness adapter from the old radio and install onto the new radio.
NOTE
If upgrading the radio to an optional Radio-CD player (part no. 00215-A5100), new brackets will be required and are supplied in the Accent CD Installation Kit (part no. 00215-H6100)

CD INSTALLATION KIT

CAUTION
The Radio-CD Player may be installed in Accents produced on August 1, 1995 or later. The unit must not be installed into Accents built prior to August 1, 1995 as it is not compatible with the vehicle electrical systems of those Accents.

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:
  1. Reconnect radio harness and antenna to new radio.
  1. Install radio in reverse order of removal.
  1. Reconnect the negative battery cable and reset the customer's radio stations and clock.
  1. Verify that radio, cold/hot air and hazard switch function correctly.
There is additional tip for the heater control cables:
down by your accellerator, look under the dash for a white mechanism that moves back and forth when you change the temperature control. on that mechanism, there is a white tab that has a wire wrapped around it. follow that wire, and mid-wire there is a clamp holding it down, undo that. from there, follow the wire back to the white piece and on the tab the wire is wrapped around, there is a little tab that holds the wire on the white piece. press that tab in, and pull the wire off, and you're set...

if this doesn't help you, or you get confused, let me know and ill try to explain it a little better.
Alex_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 08:41 AM   #6
Airhead315
AF Newbie

The reason you are stuck on wiring is because a direction is missing from that guide!

Remember the white heater control cables you had to disconnect? Well theres another one, behind the glovebox. You need to disconnect that one as well. Here are the directions:

Open the glovebox, youll see that on each side of the glovebox are black rectangular pieces of plastic that go out the side of the glovebox and have a rubber stop on the end of them(to prevent the glovebox from opening too far.

First, find the one on the right hand side(passenger) and push the plastic piece in (pushing from the outside of the glovebox to the inside) with enough force it will pop out and become free. Push the glovebox closed as far as you can while keeping your hand in there and pull the rubber stop into the glovebox through the hole.

You dont need to take the stop out of the left hand side, once you have the right side one out just push in on the left side of the glovebox to clear the stopper.

Once the glovebox and hanging low you will see another one of those white control cables

Undo the clamp holding the wire in place the slide the wire off the controller. ALSO, if you follow the wire back a bit farther youll see that the wire is also set into a plastic grove, just pull it out and the wire will be free(NOTE: this is different from the metal clamp, you will see what im talking about if you look)

Once this is done the center console will come out easy as cake. The three electrical connectors you need to remove are the Clock,Hazard, and Defroster.

In an automatic transmission car:

Set the emergency brake.
Down near the gear shifter youll see a little cap and above it it will say Shift-Lock Overide, pop the cap off and push down the button that becomes exposed. When the button is depressed it will allow you to move the Shifter to the L position so its out of your way.
Airhead315 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Accent | Verna