Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-17-2001, 05:22 PM   #1
KAM
AF Newbie

Another needless death Bobo80!!!!

Street racing in Richmond kills again, man. Cops say, conservatively, doing twice the speed limit on a city street. Only 18 years old, what a waste. But, it'll never happen to you, right? Your an expert high speed driver. Hey, try and land on your roof too, that way I can get your rims after your car is salvaged.

I wonder how his family is taking it. Ya think they'll just shrug it off as a part of life?

What a waste, just a kid............
KAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2001, 06:44 PM   #2
2001 AE
AF Enthusiast

That's sad. I don't think they are taking it easy though and I know you were being sarcastic.
Old 06-18-2001, 03:14 PM   #3
bobo_80
AF Regular

Unhappy

u know what?.....that was my cousin`s friend.....!!!...
....i was just finishing watching the movie tomb raider when my cousin call me on my cell, then suddently i wansn`t laughing with my other friends, because he said "( )", died just now....i was like yeh rite....but then from my cousin`s tone i can tell he's not joking....that kind of ruiend my day....what happened was that 18 year old guy just got his new BMW and wanted to cruise around in it, so he asked one of my friend to drive his modded GTI and go together...they started racing, well guess what?....the BMW zoomed pass the GTI so somehow the 18 year old wasn't focusing on the road, maybe because watching his friend in the GTI behind,,,all of a sudden my friend in the GTI just saw the BMW rolling....he stopped to look, and there was his best friend dead in the seat.....just sitting there.....
bobo_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 03:49 PM   #4
Max2NV
AF Newbie

Man that is soo sad, breaks my heart when i see things like that
Every1 knows that the movie "fast and the furios" is coming out next week and i know ppl are gonna be excited and tempted to race after or whatever stupid idea. So please people be carefull aight!! Ok i am done now!!
Old 06-18-2001, 08:18 PM   #5
KAM
AF Newbie

Tragic

Sorry Bobo80. Hopefully if just one person stops a race before it starts, then maybe something good can come from it. The police say if a seat belt was worn, he likely would've lived. Very, very sad.
KAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 12:59 PM   #6
bobo_80
AF Regular

Red face

ahh,,,well i don't really know that guy anyways......just feel bad that another young person died,...
...i heard from my friend again, he said that actually made him crash is the Jetta that was racing he braked in front of the BMW, so while he tries to avoid it he lost control of his car, the Jetta intended to do that and my cousin and the BMw's friends are after Jetta guy now......!!! :o
bobo_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 01:17 PM   #7
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
Bobo, I don't understand something. You're saying now that your cousin and the BMW's friends are after the Jetta guy. Exactly why would they be after him? Was the Jetta racing your cousin's friend? Did the Jetta intentionally get in front of the BMW? Exactly where did this take place(i.e. street, highway)?
Old 06-19-2001, 11:39 PM   #8
primera man
"P-Man"

Send a message via AIM to primera man
I'm sorry to hear about you loss.

There does sound like there is a lot more to the story.

I hope this can be a lesson to us all that street racing is not on. Take it to a track in a controled place.

I'm not one to talk as i have been there done that and been lucky enough to get away with it, but a story like this goes to show that for a few seconds of fun can turn into a life time of pain..

It's not worth it.

Current Build.....1/12 Scale Camaro......Almost finished!!!

View All My Models Here.
primera man is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35