Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 02:58 PM   #1
Tony
TLD Member #1

Send a message via AIM to Tony
My racecar after a full season.

Well the season is finally over, and somehow my car made it all season with the same motor with bad rings and no Vtec. Smoked like crazy everynight until I hit the track for about 1 lap and cleared most of the way up.

On to the pics.

Pic #1
Pic #2
Pic #3
Pic #4
Pic #5
Pic #6
Pic #7
Pic #8

I never got to clean the thing out all year, so thats why there is that much mud in it. I had to replace the front bumper once and weld up the rebar on the left side once. Up until a few weeks ago all that was really wrong with the body was the fenders and the hood, then one week they got one side, and then got the other the next week. The 2nd time they got me it ended up bending the trailing arm and the upper stabilizer bar on it. I got a trailing arm off a 5th gen hatch and found out the drum is smaller, but had to go with it, and it actually handled really good that night, but I also scrapped the lowering springs in the back and put stock 4 dr struts on it. Front still has the lowering springs so its got a little rake to it. Only other thing I had to replace during the year is the left front lower control arm and rack and pinion from hitting the wall.

As for people saying Honda Frames aren't strong, I strongly beg to differ. The only added support to the front end is a single bar in front of the radiator and 2 small bars going to the strut tower. I hit a Ford Taurus SHO in the side(she spun in front of me and I had no where to go). It pushed in the side of the SHO about a foot, all the way to her roll cage. it didn't touch my frame, barely bent one of the bars I think. towards the end of the year I did end up hitting something else, don't quite remember and it pushed the left frame horn over and back maybe 1/4"-1/2"....could have been all the heavy cars deciding to slow way the hell down right in front of me all the damn time.

91 Civic Sedan DX - Stock 287k Miles

Last edited by Tony; 10-21-2006 at 03:47 PM.
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:30 PM   #2
thefooshmeister
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to thefooshmeister
Re: My racecar after a full season.

pics dont work tony

91 CRX Si-R..busted..
thefooshmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:42 PM   #3
Tony
TLD Member #1

Figures, I'm on it. I always have problems when I first load them up.

Hahaha, helps if i get the folders in the right order in the addy

Old 10-26-2006, 10:10 PM   #4
viper-blue
AF Regular

Man that thing is stripped, lol...how did she run for you? win any races?

"my crx is like my woman: don't like anyone touching her, or driving her but me!"
viper-blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:49 PM   #5
amy@af
Traffic Directing Admin

Send a message via Skype™ to amy@af

safety without the help of airbags

..don't make me send Setanta over in his Waambulance to give you an aloe tissue for your sensitive nose!

*~ ~> USeR GUiDELiNeS*<~ ~*

I <3 the G Ride ~*~ I <3 OLD SKooL
amy@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:50 PM   #6
hondacivic99sivtec
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to hondacivic99sivtec

tony what kind of racing do you do???
Old 11-01-2006, 07:23 PM   #7
Tony
TLD Member #1

Its dirt circle track. She only weighs 2000lbs, but thats with all that mud/dirt in it. She held up pretty good during the season, had issues with the timing because the motor didn't have any timing covers, so no marks for everything. Had it a tooth off a couple times(had to replace the belt once, good ole' Autozone crap). I didn't win any races this year, because the rings were shot and for some reason the VTEC never did want to engage, and the tie rods were going out, so it was really touchy in the turns. Next year I'm hoping to have most the body straight again, and a fresh motor in it bored .30 over(or whatever decimal it needs to be, lol) I don't think it will win every week this way, but it will be a competitive car and make me work for it. I'm also hoping to have a 86 CRX with a Z6 in it for next year, more for the big races because the cars are supposed to be stock, and we all know the CRX didn't come out with a Z6...but they don't know that

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic