Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 04:39 AM   #76
assad_l
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to assad_l
Re: 180sx

^ lol

i dont think i told u guys i turn 16 in 3 months and i dont plan on getting a car for about 6 months.
im just doing some prep work because i dont went to get in a very bad situation so early in life.
so umm hlow much is a 180 over in us??
assad_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 02:18 PM   #77
xcusememisswyn
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to xcusememisswyn
Re: Re: 180sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by assad_l
$1000 usd is $1321 aud man i dont know about car prices in america but in aus you can only get something like this:

sorry to say guys but i just dont think thats quite my stlye.
^^that would run circles around this car--> http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t474129.html
any and every day of the week...

RB20DET, 260whp, Drive to Destroy.
xcusememisswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 02:20 PM   #78
Hit_N_Run-player
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Hit_N_Run-player

lol, thats true though..

Horsepower sells cars,
Torque wins races!
Hit_N_Run-player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 04:39 PM   #79
assad_l
AF Enthusiast

lol yea but id rather a car with no windows and doors than tha man that car probably wouldnt start and imagine all the problems ill have with it then that will lead to spending money on it.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:26 PM   #80
xcusememisswyn
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to xcusememisswyn

you could rebuild that whole car for less then tryin to fix that shit 180sx u asked about, you could probably turbo that one up there^^ and run elevens for less if you were good wit money and a good mechanic. ppl do it wit POS cars all the time

RB20DET, 260whp, Drive to Destroy.
xcusememisswyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 12:54 AM   #81
assad_l
AF Enthusiast

yea but look at it i would be soo embaresed if i was seen driving one of them i just want a decent car like a 180 or s13.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:51 AM   #82
NissanElitist
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to NissanElitist

Please go buy the highest powered car you can find and drive it fast so you can impress your friends for a week before your face explodes through the windshield and your body is ground down by the pavement.

At least we won't have to bother trying to put some sense into a 16 yr. old that thinks he has to impress everyone.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:25 PM   #83
Dyno247365
AF Enthusiast

I remember when I was a like 16 I had my 91 crx, which my PARENTS found for me, I paid for the car, they paid for the insurance(love my parents) I was working at a summer camp and kept thinking, okay...h22, color changing paint job, and....wait...MONEY *checks wallet*...I opened a bank account and bought painted gunmetal rims, THAT WAS IT. I had a great beater and never found enough money for mods so I never became a full fledged ricer, thank you god!

*EDIT* best part, I bought it because I thought it was a rally car.

Last edited by Dyno247365; 10-31-2005 at 07:24 PM.
Dyno247365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 10:14 PM   #84
assad_l
AF Enthusiast

man ive already said fuck my friends and fuk street cred im getting what i want and i want a 180sx or a supra and im going to get one of em and no im not going to thrash the fuk out of it and no im not going to try and drift around every corner and every round about i go throughj that stuff is for open track days. i want to buy a non turbo 180 or non turbo supra they both come at around the same price so i can get 1 or the other. im thinking towards 180. my plan is to save 10k and get a 5k loan over 1 year by then i should be on my second year and earning about $330 a week so $50 on petrol, $30 on food, $50 going out, $100 for some other shit that ive forgot about and the rest on paying off the loan. if i pay 100-150 a week off the loan and the repayments are only $50 a week it will be payed off in no time and i will also get a very good credit rating.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:23 PM   #85
Mojo_stevo
AF Enthusiast

You should only be embarassed about driving that car if you tried to rice it out. (many ghetto rats down here rice up worse: 84 maxima with double blade wipers and a exhaust welded to the stock mufler any body? huh? Any takers?)
Yea if you drove that 999 deal just as a point A -> B car no body would say anything more than "Oi, you finally got a car mate". Then while you drive that econo-box you can begin saving cash for another "cool. decent" car. We all know the "itch" dude, gotta have it, gotta have it!!! Just get a hooptie first, that way you will have a car (you'll be stoked trust me) and then you'll learn how to drive; hit a tree or two, back into a van in the underground parking lot, hit a dead dog going 110kph down a dirt road, and by the time you get rid of your L and P plates you will have enough money for a very nice 180sx, plus you will have enough experiance to keep it off the side walk and off a tow truck.
Cheers
Old 10-29-2005, 02:20 AM   #86
assad_l
AF Enthusiast

man thats 3 YEARS!!!!! 3 YEARS!!!!!!! with a car that probably wouldnt even make it to 80kph without blowing the head gasket or the wheels falling off then i got to spend money on fixing it wich means that will come out of my savings. if you knew how i feel about cars and how i feel about driving and having a laugh with my mates about the car worth $500 driving past with the front bumber hanging on by sticky tape then i think you will see where im coming from. I just dont want people laughing at me if a get a beater.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:59 AM   #87
Mojo_stevo
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
man thats 3 YEARS!!!!! 3 YEARS!!!!!!! with a car that .....................where im coming from. I just dont want people laughing at me if a get a beater.
Trust me brother I know, more than you'd think, I completly understand what your talking about. It's just that we'd all hate to see you get a car you like and have to learn all the shitty lessions of first time driving. I mean statistically speaking, passion for cars means more aggressive driving, ultimatly leading to more error, your car taking the blunt of it. Now it doesn't have to be some old pos like that one up there, but don't let it be something you are really into becuase it's gonna hurt that much more when you mess it up. Even if you only drive a less than ideal car for a year or less, you wont regret it. My first car was an 89 mx-6, ugly as sin, had more pep than a civic, and cost pennies to own and operate. Then I got T-boned by a prelude cause I impatiently shot out into a blind left turn. Now I would have been very upset if it was a nicer car. We're not trying to tell you what to do little homey, we just don't wanna see you spend all this time and money, and watch it go away on the back of a flat bed in 3 months. Something like 85% of first time drivers decomission their first car within 5 months. You wont get laughed at in a beater at 16, instead you have them begging you for rides. Then you can trade them one nighters with their girls in exchange for rides. Just dont rice the beater up.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:37 AM   #88
assad_l
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: 180sx

That changed my perspective about 35-40% what about an s13 cheap reliable if i smash it it wont be my life, pride and joy all down the drain, so i can use an s13 as a beater cant i ?? thats the cheapest jap car worthy of buying i can think of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo_stevo
Just dont rice the beater up.
O beleive me that WONT be happening.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:37 PM   #89
Mojo_stevo
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: 180sx

Quote:
That changed my perspective about 35-40% what about an s13 cheap reliable if i smash it it wont be my life, pride and joy all down the drain, so i can use an s13 as a beater cant i ?? thats the cheapest jap car worthy of buying i can think of.

O beleive me that WONT be happening.
All I'm saying is don't blow alot of money on your first car. If you can find a beater s13 that you think can get you around with a minimal amount of trouble go for it.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:19 PM   #90
assad_l
AF Enthusiast

wat about a 96 non turbo 180?? about 15k?? thats ok isnt it.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX