Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 06:26 PM   #1
Spyk
Banned

Srt4 Vs Wrx

How many actual Wrx drivers ( that know hw to drive awd) have lost to the Srt4 wich can in reality,on the street beat a SpecV or Rsx s
i have a personal record of 5-0 using my friends "stock"WRX versus who knows if they were moded SRT 4's..not even close

Srt's are apitizers

c'mon tell the truth and know one that is afraid to drop at 4k.. its under warrantee and the Srt'4drop high as well

this should be enlightening the real world not magazine racing or a video of who knows what/// lest you forget even the regular wrx is a world class raly champ.. the Srt a girls car with a ricer wing and that smile of "hello' they are known for...gmab
Old 03-19-2003, 03:02 PM   #2
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
since i've never seen any srt4s around... hmm...
there's a video i saw of a srt4 with temp tags walking a wrx in it...

and the srt4 has more hp and quicker 1/4 times...

runs 14.2
whats a wrx run?

and the srt4 is rated at 215hp at the crank, but puts 220ish to the wheels and 250ish tq...

(per automobile magazine)

it's not just some girls car.

sorry.

and considering there aren't any mods yet available, you didn't race any modded ones.
Old 03-19-2003, 03:05 PM   #3
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Old 03-19-2003, 06:06 PM   #4
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
the srt4's only hit the dealerships like a month ago, you sure you're not racing regular neons? :hehehe:

and you say 5 here, but in another thread you say you've only raced 3

the srt4 has a 100mph trap speed stock, much faster than any stock wrx. any idiot who knows how to shift should be able to waste a stock wrx in a stock srt4 anywhere above 30mph.
Old 03-20-2003, 12:52 PM   #5
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

thank you... :licker:
Old 03-29-2003, 06:40 AM   #6
Evomaniac
Banned

around here people got the srt's already acting all bad ass but the car's are not that bad-ass at all, just last week did i take one with my scooby 2.5 rs (with mod's), no biggie.
-Dave
p.s. they're pretty quick and they'll definetly smoke your average civic, hehe.
Old 03-29-2003, 06:57 AM   #7
Spyk
Banned

I have the Dodge dealership calling me daily ..would you like me to take a pic at all the Srt available.. and yes they are all he Srt4 with a tiny little boost gauge toyour right.. i say 3 for sure because the 2 other "may have been" Sxt or R/T that were moded and their outward appearance was stock.. but the test driving.. which is the end all be all tells a different truth.. hat speedo doesnot crank up like a Mustang Gt which also trap around 101 stock.. noway no how.. sre you canbe fooled driving the car ,..its light light cars feel faster the tach pulls freely the boost goes to 1 bar firly immediade above 2800 rpm but the SPEEDO.. well i'll tell you like i said before maby its stepping out of my WS6 or th Zr1 or even the Modded Spec V that give me no real impression of the cars capabilities.. a 2.4 turbo.. sorry keep you eye on the speedo..as my nephew was all ooh and awwed the viseral sensation my eye stayed on the speedo climb....
hey you like good for you
i think my spec can chew it up and my Lincoln LS from a roll at 65 mph would spit it out the tail pipes..

I'd but a 1 year old Mustang Gt b4 i'd buy the Srt4.. i nice but not the car that people think.. to much hype.... you see You never driven one.. so hold your comments till you do.. i research before i open my mouth.... You don't think i would love to se a domestic walking the walk.. and as far as Wrx being btter in what respect the Srt interior is great fit and finish is on par .. and why unless yor in snow or constant rain would the Wrx be better? it has AWD and should and can out accelrate a Srt from a stop stock for stockat leat in 85* temps
Like i've said you never address temp senstivity .. ask thee 03 cobra guys about that why a stck 03 cobra making all Hp can only manage a low 13 no beete than a stock N/A Ls1?????? TEMPERATURE
Old 03-29-2003, 07:21 AM   #8
Spyk
Banned

Sorry allow me to be more civil a slow my typing.

the Dealership is Fairbanks Dodge in Coral springs Florida , if you'd like a # i can provide it.. they had a minimum of 20 Srt 4 as of yesterday .. no Blacks but all other colors were available they had alot of yellow aand silver

and i did say ( i'm reiterating) that the last Srt4 i drove felt better than the previous ones.. but i'll repeat again.. when i switched and let my Boy racer Nephew flog it..and as he was impressed so much with its site and sound experience ..all i did the whole time was watch his spedo .. amazinf as he was flogging the hell out of the SRT4 it never got over 70mph.. did it feel faster ..yes but it wasn't faster..
untill they fully release them you may not have the opportunity to drive one.. i hope they feel like the latter car wich did seem t have more punch than the others.. as of now Dodge has only released them to select" fast & furious" markets to see how they are received.. Knowing the Fairbanks manager i got a little inside info .. that dodge was still test marketing the car to see where to sell it..

954-973-3444 Call em.. see how many hot shot Srt4 are just sitting on the lot

and agin overall not a bad car interior exterior.. stereo

I'll say this If the Wrx isn't faster then there is no reason to buy it..!! when you get more for your money from Dodge compare interiors and that alone may do it

Have a Great day and don't forget to dail 10-10-220
Old 03-29-2003, 07:39 AM   #9
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Quote:
ask thee 03 cobra guys about that why a stck 03 cobra making all Hp can only manage a low 13 no beete than a stock N/A Ls1?????? TEMPERATURE
there's also traction issues, considerable amounts of low end torque, track surfaces, gearing, let's get into the issues that make drag racing what it is.

b/c you're not. forced induction cars have less sensitivity to temperature, though cooling between runs helps.

there's so much more to it that you're not addressing, but trying to base it on temperature.
Old 03-29-2003, 07:42 AM   #10
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

and for god's sake, take your time and proof read everything so we don't have to deciper it.

and you probably want to do the same in your signature, there's some horrible grammar there.
Old 03-29-2003, 08:27 AM   #11
Spyk
Banned

Listen smart guy .. ive addresed all tthose thing on LS1.com.. that the Cobra is geered a bit too steep and all that low end torque would be a detrement to its traction capabilities.. i've told them of impropely geared cars with more hp losing to less hp'red more carefully geared cars..

a car technical performformance is based upon its syergy with hp/tq suspension tires gearing and temp sensitivity

dude i've been racing for 15 years

i don't ned a lesson.. the cars i have now are the slowest i've had in about 7 years but they suit me fine..

i' builfdng another kit Ac Cobra .. with the weight hp and suspension i'll be using it will be the ultimate overall car that i'll own. it will handle ..1.2g+ it will accerate i', figuring with the hp froma 347 s/c stoker 10 second 1/4 the interior will be painstakenly put together with the best Year one and i can find and the suspension
well hell thats the easy part.. Steeeda will provide everything i need..
you act as though i don't know cars.. .. tust me pal i 've had turbo/ s/c nitrous luxury sleeper.. go cart type moster miata w/ a5.0 i think i've covered every configuration .. except for a true Awd monster.. but i live in Florida not really a greeat need for it.. since i can drift any rwd car around a track at will
Old 03-29-2003, 09:02 AM   #12
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

not to be an asshole or anything, but this isn't ls1.com.

so it sounds like you're saying that it's all about the temp.

if you've not said it here, do so, so we're not questioning it.

i can't read your mind, and i'm not on the sites you're on save for this one.

i'm not quite sure why you feel the need to give me a background on everything you own, like i'm going to respect that, or assume you know what you're talking about.

i can't figure out what you meant to say.

if you don't say anything about the other factors in this thread right here, i'm assuming you're neglecting them.

you've proved that wrong, but it's easier to do it the first time around.

and i'm still going to ask you to proofread what you're typing. take your time and don't get pissy with me.

i've considered a cobra kit car as well, but i don't have the cash... have fun with that...
Old 04-07-2003, 11:49 AM   #13
dropmech
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to dropmech
You've been racing for 15 years, but you haven't been spelling for 15 years have you?
Old 04-07-2003, 01:54 PM   #14
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

forget about it...
he's gone permanently.
Old 04-07-2003, 07:34 PM   #15
Ace$nyper
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Ace$nyper Send a message via MSN to Ace$nyper Send a message via Yahoo to Ace$nyper
If were talking about the WRX STI it be a joke the ownage the neon would feel! It be a bit more fair with a basic WRX but i think the WRX would win and doesn't the neon lacks an LSD that hurts off the line alot with that much power(i'll leave my HO out of that)

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing