Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 11:33 PM   #76
Moppie
Master Connector

Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Quote:
Originally posted by Celica Alltrac

haha. what kind of conditions were you racing under? b/c the gt4 would murder a sir in wet or snowy conditions. thats what the car was designed for.
Oh god.

ok.
Dry road, up a hill over a crest into a tight well cambered left hander.
And it was the first shape the GT4 came in, so about the same year as my Civic. (A newer one, (like your shape) should be faster than my car. But then with a 2.0L turbo it bloody well better be.

And my car is totaly stock. Totaly.
The pics of it are in my Sig.
Old 06-30-2002, 11:39 PM   #77
KansCelica90
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to KansCelica90
GT-4 mods

This engine place in Canada can accept your 3S-GTE (GT-4 Engine) and do all of the internal workings, and garranty it will have over 400hp and run between 22 and 27psi. $3500.
Old 07-01-2002, 12:44 AM   #78
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Re: Polygon... Where do i Begin?

Quote:
Originally posted by krossfyter
im sorry i cant contain myself and stop laughing....homeboy with the lebaron saying a celica is ugly. please!
FUCKING HELL people! I can't like every car, sorry. CAN I HAVE MY FUCKING OPINON? No, well FUCK YOU! I like the looks of my car and I can guarandamntee you that I'm not the only one.

Quote:
Originally posted by KansCelica90
Ok to begin about Polygon's statement "I dont even race stock Civics" Duh neither would I. Just like Celica Alltrac said, they are an ECONO car. Why waste my gas to race an econo car? Take any stock civic 95 and older, vs my stock 90GT, and I'll show you whats up. You guys and your oversized bicylce tires (stock)... Dont even hate on Celicas. Polygon says his 1990 GTC is faster than stock Toyota Supras... What is he thinking? "Hello, im God behind the wheel of a Lebaron! I can smoke ANYONE, maybe i'll appear in F&F 2 when it comes out".. To all ya'll haters, watch out for Celicas.. Were on the rise. And about Toyota being "Mainstream" ... Look on the nations streets and highways.. 90 Hondas for every 15 or 20 Toyotas... You guys are mainstream.. More made, cheaper to produce.. Thats obviously why more people have Honda. But you get what you pay for. Thats your problem!
1. My statement about Civics was in regards to someone else, read all the posts next time.

2. My car is a 1989 GTC, big difference, and you moron I never claimed I beat a beat a Supra you ignorant prick. Once again, you can kiss my ass because my LeBaron will walk all over BOTH your cars.

If you people are going to make ignorant comments to defend yourselves don't bother posting at all, I have thus far done so, but you people continue to push me over the edge. And honestly I would LOVE to see a stock Celica run 14s in the 1/4 mile.

Here is the just of it, and this is the last damn time I will say it.

Toyota makes good cars, IN MY OPINION; the current line is lacking looks wise. I don't care for the looks of the current Celica. I would gladly take one from the late 80's or early 90s they looked good. The Celica is NOT a sports car, the Supra was Toyotas sports car and they dropped it, and it looked great besides. You people hate my car because it's a LeBaron, because of it's name. I wished to hell that Chrysler would have given a different name. In Mexico the LeBaron GTC was the Phantom R/T, sounds a lot better to me. You probably wouldn't rag on it if it had that name, and that is exactly why you make fun of it. Oh and let me remind you that the LeBaron GTC, GTC stands for Grand Touring Coupe, and it was raced in GT races, so don't give me crap on that.

I like Toyota, I just wouldn't buy a car from them right now because I don't like the looks, and I am tired of Celica and Corolla drivers thinking that their car is the shit all the time and when anyone says that their not they have a damn tissy fit. That PISSES me off. I don't mind people ragging on my car, you guys can have your opinion, it is when you do it repeatedly and then get mad at me for having my opinion I just get sick of it.
Old 07-01-2002, 02:46 AM   #79
krossfyter
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Polygon... Where do i Begin?

Quote:
Originally posted by Polygon
FUCKING HELL people! I can't like every car, sorry. CAN I HAVE MY FUCKING OPINON? No, well FUCK YOU! I like the looks of my car and I can guarandamntee you that I'm not the only one.

no one said you must like every car. no one said your not aloud to have an opinion.

you like you car...thats good. im not saying you shouldnt. im not saying you shouldnt do anything for that matter. im simply using a common literary style which employs such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect....its called irony jack ass... and your statement that a celica is ugly and the fact that you have a lebaron was IRONIC to me. thats all homeboy.
nothing to get pissed about.
Old 07-01-2002, 05:36 AM   #80
DragonKnight
AF Newbie

Good kill to the original poster of this thread. But by no means does this mean all 7th gen Celica's will be that easy. Even those with an Action Package. Besides, the Action Package isn't the only stock 'rice' car out there. Yah, the latter 2G DSM's. Phat spoilers, aggressive front end, turbocharged, AWD. Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX and Eagle Talon TSi AWD. Wanna take on some of the more tuned ones? Oh wait, they're making 300+HP, doing 11's, and kicking ass on the autocross to boot. Guess they're too goddamn ricey for some of u Hondah boyz.

But wait, there's more. A fuckin Toyota with a hood scoop and melted jellybean look. Fuck me, a GT4 aka Alltrac. ST185, 3SGTE, AWD, turbocharged. In fact, a few magazines criticized the look of the Alltrac until the 2G DSM arrived with a similar look. Let's think about it kiddies, a Celica with a look that isn't in but will soon to be followed by other manufacturers. Well ain't that a muthafuckin bitch. Not to mention, the legendary 3SGTE. Capable of 400+HP with the right mods. If that ain't enough, its a WRC champion too. So your precious shit will get bitchslapped in the dirt too.

Ah, I remember reading about some peeps here talkin about the Supra. Only true Toyota sports car car, huh? Well, guess where that fuckin Supra came from? Ever heard of the MK I Celica-Supra? How about the MK II Celica-Supra? Know your history cause the Celica is rooted in automotive pride and heritage.

http://www.celicasupra.com/history.htm
http://www.geocities.com/~yoshi83/story.html

Some of you foos will suck a Supra owner's left nut just to touch his ride. Well, you can suck our left buttock if you even wanna even think of touching ne of our rides regardless of generations. You think just cause you haven't heard shit about any Celica's kicking ass that the Celica is a weaked toothless fucker that can't do shit against your rides. Well, guess again. Bring your shit to www.celica.net or www.newcelica.org and we'll bring ours. You'll find 7th gens pullin low 14s with only bolt ons. You'll find 3SGTE conversions for both the 6th and 5th gens. If that ain't enough, well look what we have here:

http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results...ound8.html#sts

Yah, we reppin on the streets and we reppin on the track too. What the fuck is the most dominant car in that round? Celicas. Hell, there's even a lady Celica representin. Celicas in the autocross. Guess it pays to have some great handling that'll match an Integra Type-R.

Shit, Celicas can kick ass in the straights and in the turns. Plus, the AWD ones can whop ass in the dirt as well. We ain't gonna say we're all that, but we ain't taking shit from some ignorant fucks who wanna call our rides weak and ugly. But hey, you all wanna be in your own little private world thinking just cause one little kill over a Celica means that all Celicas are weak, then go for it. Cause when reality bitch-slaps you upside the head, its gonna hurt a lot more. Then you'll realize there's more to life than your little stolen Hondah emblems or your turbocharged LeBaron making 205HP (ROTFLMFAO!!!). Celicas, Supras, AE86's, MR2's, WRX's, GTi's, scary Neons with phat turbochargers, and of course, DSM's.

BTW, a message to Polygon. You have your opinion and you are free to express it all you want. But here's mine:

Your LeBaron is the most fugly piece of shit I have *EVER* laid eyes on.

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...cat=20&val=100

Aww man, your ride must've been the shit back in the late 80s. But hey, it's all fine and dandy cause you modded that bad-boy, right? All 205HP with an estimated 2800lbs of that man-bitch of a car. LOLZ!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...=212570&page=2

Well looky here...here I was thinking *my* Laser's interior was bad. This is the little buttmonkey that said the 7th gen Celica was ugly? Tells me where your taste lies in. Yah, in the lines of "please take a razor and slash my vinyl to hell taste." I can see it now, "Please help me! The boxy interior is ravaging my mind. I see dead Volvos now...!"

Now what's up with this poll?
New intercooler & BOV/Wastegate.
New wheels.
Paint job.
HID "style" lights.

WTF?! HID "style" lights? Dude, that's just some halogens with Xenon gas and a slight bluish tint in it. Frickin $10 a pair if you look around. Just get it over with and buy the shit. Or even better, get it over with and sell your car or donate it to a fuckin charity...oh wait, just send it to the dump. Put that in your little poll. You know I'll vote for it.

But hey, it's just an opinion. I got mine and you got yours. Just that yours is as useful as a $10 glow in the dark Hondah emblem that's eventually gonna get stolen by emblem-fairy.

-Rich
pdc affiliate
It's unfortunate, but I have no interest in being the best of the "frogs in the well," who know nothing of the great ocean.
- Saitou Hajime
Old 07-01-2002, 06:21 AM   #81
EC Knightrider
AF Newbie

Rich comin through!!!!!

atta boy!!!

Old 07-01-2002, 06:48 AM   #82
krossfyter
AF Newbie

dude that was heavy. props to Dragonknight for that one.

much respect, much respect.
Old 07-01-2002, 10:02 AM   #83
CrazyD
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to CrazyD
whoa rich let it all out lol...
Old 07-01-2002, 01:33 PM   #84
Polygon
The Red Baron

Re: Re: Re: Polygon... Where do i Begin?

Quote:
Originally posted by krossfyter

no one said you must like every car. no one said your not aloud to have an opinion.

you like you car...thats good. im not saying you shouldnt. im not saying you shouldnt do anything for that matter. im simply using a common literary style which employs such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect....its called irony jack ass... and your statement that a celica is ugly and the fact that you have a lebaron was IRONIC to me. thats all homeboy.
nothing to get pissed about.
A lot of people sure as hell act that way.

I'm sorry if I came off a little brash, it is just that you are the fourth person in this thread getting on my case about my opinion.

Quote:
Shit, Celicas can kick ass in the straights and in the turns. Plus, the AWD ones can whop ass in the dirt as well. We ain't gonna say we're all that, but we ain't taking shit from some ignorant fucks who wanna call our rides weak and ugly. But hey, you all wanna be in your own little private world thinking just cause one little kill over a Celica means that all Celicas are weak, then go for it. Cause when reality bitch-slaps you upside the head, its gonna hurt a lot more. Then you'll realize there's more to life than your little stolen Hondah emblems or your turbocharged LeBaron making 205HP (ROTFLMFAO!!!). Celicas, Supras, AE86's, MR2's, WRX's, GTi's, scary Neons with phat turbochargers, and of course, DSM's.
I never said that the Celicas are horrible, I just don't think they are a sports car STOCK like about 98% of the Celica owners think they are. You can mod it to be a pretty damn quick car, which is all I am saying. You are simply coming after me because I stated my opinion and I drive a LeBaron. People have said worse about Toyota in this thread than I have, why come after me? Because of the car I drive? Grow up.

Quote:
BTW, a message to Polygon. You have your opinion and you are free to express it all you want. But here's mine:

Your LeBaron is the most fugly piece of shit I have *EVER* laid eyes on.
That’s fine, you can have your opinion, but you know damn well that it isn't the truth. You must not see too many cars.

Quote:
http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...cat=20&val=100

Aww man, your ride must've been the shit back in the late 80s. But hey, it's all fine and dandy cause you modded that bad-boy, right? All 205HP with an estimated 2800lbs of that man-bitch of a car. LOLZ!!!
No that car is completely stock. You know nothing about the LeBaron. You know nothing about the engine, the turbo, or the drivetrain. And yes, I have had my car weighed and it weighs 2800 pounds.

Quote:
http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...=212570&page=2

Well looky here...here I was thinking *my* Laser's interior was bad. This is the little buttmonkey that said the 7th gen Celica was ugly? Tells me where your taste lies in. Yah, in the lines of "please take a razor and slash my vinyl to hell taste." I can see it now, "Please help me! The boxy interior is ravaging my mind. I see dead Volvos now...!"
I will give you that, I don't care much for the boxy dash panel, but my seats are leather not vinyl, and there aren't any pictures of the seats so how would you know?

Quote:
Now what's up with this poll?
New intercooler & BOV/Wastegate.
New wheels.
Paint job.
HID "style" lights.

WTF?! HID "style" lights? Dude, that's just some halogens with Xenon gas and a slight bluish tint in it. Frickin $10 a pair if you look around. Just get it over with and buy the shit. Or even better, get it over with and sell your car or donate it to a fuckin charity...oh wait, just send it to the dump. Put that in your little poll. You know I'll vote for it.
What is wrong with my poll? Let me explain something to you, the reason I say HID "style" is because that any and I mean any HID system you buy aftermarket is NOT a true HID system. You would have to buy the ENTIRE system which nobody sells. To get a true HID system you have to buy a car that comes with it like a BMW.

Quote:
But hey, it's just an opinion. I got mine and you got yours. Just that yours is as useful as a $10 glow in the dark Hondah emblem that's eventually gonna get stolen by emblem-fairy.
What they hell is that supposed to mean? I don't even really like Honda. I really don't care what you think at this point because through your posts and the fact you left such a childish post at my site, you prove nothing but your own ignorance and stupidity and all of you that cheer him prove nothing but the same. You are such hypocrites, you are so damn quick to defend that you never read the entire post you simple see what you want to see and then get pissed of at people like me for posting my opinion, and then you lash out by saying my car is the ugliest car you have ever laid eyes on, which you and I know is bullshit. You then question the specs of my car when you don't know a damn thing about it. You go ahead and be an ignorant jackass, see if I care, you are just a damn biased Toyota fanboy.
Old 07-01-2002, 02:16 PM   #85
gts24
AF Newbie

Well I decided I wasn't going to post a reply but good lord this is ridiculous.

Ok, so you hate the looks of a car... that's fine, but when you go off about how a car peforms..... then that's wrong

There seems to be a lot of assumptions and just plain lack of knowledge going on right now.

First of all. Stock, the Celica owns the competition in its class in performance oriented every category (less 2002's straight line performance because of the screwed up rev limiter) and since we are busy listing MAGAZINE times I will follow suit

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/compa...1/page007.html

In case you don't want to read it here's a quote from that article.

The "If action is what you want, you needn't look any further than the Celica. In the performance category of this test, the Celica earned an outstanding 95.8 percent score. Even the editors' evaluations of individual performance attributes read like a Hollywood awards show. Best suspension? Toyota Celica. Best Steering? Toyota Celica. Best brakes? (Dramatic pause) Toyota Celica. Would the lead engineer of the Celica's underpinnings please take a bow?

So armed, the Celica feels like the Jackie Chan of the group, going off mad-crazy kung-fu-style on the dim-witted Eclipse and Cougar. On canyon roads, this 2,500-pound welterweight tightly arcs through corners with minimal body roll. The steering is very quick and precise without being twitchy, and the thick three-spoke steering wheel rim fits naturally in your hands. Reducing speed is a simple matter of squeezing the powerful brakes; 60-to-0 stops take a mere 116 feet.

The Celica is at its best when being used (and abused) near its maximum limits. It thrives on being wrung out. This, oh so conveniently, is exactly the type of driving required for a racetrack. Powering out of turns, the Celica's Yokohama 205/50VR16 tires provide excellent grip. Of the six cars, the Celica feels most like a race car, and the lap times prove it. Its fastest lap was a 1:25.2, the only front-drive car to manage a sub-1:26 time. Its average lap time was also the fastest of the group. If this car had a limited-slip front differential (like the old Acura Integra Type R had), it would be nearly unstoppable"

Toyota Celica in 2000/2001 in Sport compact car netted a 14.9 stock in the 1/4 mile. (so those of you quoting 16 secs pull your head out now)

Numerous REAL people have hit 14.9 stock in the Celica. Check www.newcelica.org

Numerous people have hit low and mid 14's with simple bolt ons, yes that means intake and exhaust. We don't have honda's aftermarket. We have yet to get any serious straight line stuff except intake/exhaust/lsd

Now onto the more important stuff and what the Celica is actually made for . Twisties and road courses.

Anyone heard of a company called Hotchkis Tuning?

The Hotchkis Celica recently ripped apart just about every major Sport Compact Car record.

http://www.hotchkistuning.com/frames...ng_results.htm

Here's the SportCompactCar web article ONLINE... you dont' even have to buy it.
http://www.everythingcelica.com/gal2...Name=media_scc

It ran better times than the the Evo 7 on the same road course. This was with a 2002 Celica with the rev limiter at 7500 and no engine modifications just hotchkis tuning parts for the suspension system.
Pick up the latest issue of SCC and check out the Celica's rippin up the track. Here's a quote from the mag.

"In fact, Hotchkis tells tales of dicing toe-to-toe with a current-model BMW M3 at the same track we performed the test. To verify, we dug up the lap times produced by the Mitsubishi EVO VII we tested last month at the same track. Turns out, Hotchkis' Celica is damned fast, cranking out lap times nearly a second quicker than Mitsubishi's supercar (56.47 sec. vs. 57.44 sec). We're believers."

Here's a nice article. The 2ZZ-GE engine that powers the new celica just won engine of the year for the 1.4-1.8 litre class http://www.ukintpress.com/engineoftheyear/14-18.html

Really guys, this is not a flame, I just want this to be an informative thread. Even if you think the Celica is ugly, I think you can respect the raw numbers.........
Old 07-01-2002, 02:29 PM   #86
Polygon
The Red Baron

Quote:
Originally posted by gts24
Really guys, this is not a flame, I just want this to be an informative thread. Even if you think the Celica is ugly, I think you can respect the raw numbers.........
THANK YOU! Thanks for not coming across like a jack ass. I looked at all of your links because of that fact, and yes I can respect that. The Celica is a pretty fast four banger, I still would not call it a true sports car, hell I don't consider my car a sports car either. The Celica is a good car, yes it's pretty quick, and it can handle pretty well. I was never disputing those things; I was surprised at those 1/4 mile numbers.

Why didn't I bother looking at anyone else’s links? Because you had to make a post like a jackass, at least this person is trying to be civil.
Old 07-01-2002, 02:29 PM   #87
2ZZ-GE
AF Newbie

everyone's intitle'd to their own opinion's is right... so here's mine...

That lebaron is one of the most disgusting, hideous ass, piece of sh!t goat haulers i've ever seen... yea, you could get compliments on it, but remember that the people with seeing eye dogs don't count... just my opinion...

and to whoever said something like who cares and wants to talk about a Celica... who the F*CK wants to talk about your lowly 98 Civic Ex and it's 106whp stampedding ponies?

here's the deal... it's been proven numerous times... and there was a video at newcelica.org with a celica GT-S with an intake and unbolted muffler (not exhaust, if you knew what the GT-S exhaust looks like you know what i mean) running 14.5 in the quarter... and numerous people are running 14's with mild bolt-ons, let alone with N2O... If you have knowledge then you could talk...but, most of you do not... Yes, Honda's VTEC and VTEC-i are great systems...just like toyota's VVTL-i... and just as easy as Honda's and Acura's could surprise you, so could toyota's 2ZZ-GE... there's more technology to this engine then you would think... oh yea... I own a 00 GT-S and it's fuel cut is a lil' above 8300... did the lowered limiter hurt the new GT-S...absolutely... but i could tell you i've won and lost my fair share of races with ITR's, GSR's, and H22 Preludes...hell i beat a S2K before, twice, but it was purely the driver's fault...so, just cause you take a car, doesn't mean that they're all slow or what not, could just be driver's error as a car could only do what he or she driving it could do...

and then someone made a comment on handling... well... not tuned to the likes of a ITR...the GT-S is still very formidable with moderate to mild understeer...not tons of it... now... tuned to something along the same level of the ITR's suspension and LSD, the GT-S went through the cones of a 700FT slalom at 76.9mph(and the car only had an exhaust and K&N filter performance wise), pulled 1.03 on a 200FT skidpad...and stopped from 60mph in 96feet with just stoptec calipers in the front and decent pads...don't believe me? go get the new issue of Sport Compact Car and check out the Celica shoot out and read what they said about it and the Celica overall... and the other 2 mildly tuned celica's put up damn good numbers as well...

does Honda build great cars, yes... does Toyota... yes... does other companies... yes, a couple...
Old 07-01-2002, 02:31 PM   #88
Polygon
The Red Baron

Hell, like I thought, 98% of you Toyota boys are all the same.

Quote:
Originally posted by 2ZZ-GE
and to whoever said something like who cares and wants to talk about a Celica... who the F*CK wants to talk about your lowly 98 Civic Ex and it's 106whp stampedding ponies?
If you don't want to talk about Hondas then what the hell are you doing here? Go back to the Toyota forums then.
Old 07-01-2002, 02:40 PM   #89
DragonKnight
AF Newbie

Quote:
The Lebaron Polyester...err Polygon wrote:

I'm sorry if I came off a little brash, it is just that you are the fourth person in this thread getting on my case about my opinion.
:monkeypis Wah, wah, wah, wah!!!

Don't even apologize for being brash. I sure as hell ain't. You state your shit and get it over with. You wanna apologize, then STFU.

Quote:
You are simply coming after me because I stated my opinion and I drive a LeBaron.
So? You state your opinion and I'm gonna fuck it over like a 2 cent whore. Welcome to the real world. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

Quote:
I will give you that, I don't care much for the boxy dash panel, but my seats are leather not vinyl, and there aren't any pictures of the seats so how would you know?
I'm talking about your dash. I thought the boxy comment would've made it obvious.

Quote:
You would have to buy the ENTIRE system which nobody sells.
Look around PAL. They are out there. Mostly for offroad use only, but in good ol Utah that shouldn't be too much of a problem, huh? Oh yeah, there are also seperate HID systems in their own external casing that *are* legal for the road.

Quote:
People have said worse about Toyota in this thread than I have, why come after me? Because of the car I drive? Grow up.
No, cause I think you suck and there are too many Hondas on this board. But if I had the time, I'd equally roll you all over and smoke yer asses one by one. :bandit:

Quote:
No that car is completely stock. You know nothing about the LeBaron. You know nothing about the engine, the turbo, or the drivetrain. And yes, I have had my car weighed and it weighs 2800 pounds.
1989 Chrysler LeBaron
I'm guessing Sport GTS.
174HP, 200lbs/torque, turbocharged.
5-speed manual.
2926lbs.
Rear suspension, live axle.

You call 205HP stock? Bullshit. Pulling 31HP outta thin air doesn't do shit for me. Though in this case, its outta yer ass.

Quote:
You go ahead and be an ignorant jackass, see if I care, you are just a damn biased Toyota fanboy.
Wrong. I'm also a DSM bad ass sonnovabitch that'll rip your precious Lebaron on the straights and on the turns.

-Rich
pdc affiliate
It's unfortunate, but I have no interest in being the best of the "frogs in the well," who know nothing of the great ocean.
- Saitou Hajime
Old 07-01-2002, 02:54 PM   #90
gts24
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Polygon

THANK YOU! Thanks for not coming across like a jack ass. I looked at all of your links because of that fact, and yes I can respect that. The Celica is a pretty fast four banger, I still would not call it a true sports car, hell I don't consider my car a sports car either. The Celica is a good car, yes it's pretty quick, and it can handle pretty well. I was never disputing those things; I was surprised at those 1/4 mile numbers.

Why didn't I bother looking at anyone else’s links? Because you had to make a post like a jackass, at least this person is trying to be civil.
That is my point. Information is out there.

I think you have a pretty nice car. The fact that you take care of your car and keep it presentable is the best quality of the car.

Alot of what a car is is what it's owner is about.......