Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 12:25 AM   #136
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
a datsun 240z with a supra motor and a 1000hp bpu kit will destroy a supra with a 1000hp bpu kit. and then im sure theres something that will kill it too. and then something will beat that. and something else comes next. and so on. but a supra with a 1000 hp bpu kit will take almost anything, just remember something is always faster.
Old 01-08-2002, 02:21 PM   #137
poopiegeorge
AF Newbie

gsx

oops i had mentioned previously in this post that the eclipse...at
least in one scene(where they pop the hood) is a GST or a GSX.....

i watched it again...sorry, i was wrong...it's the DODGE non turbo motor
it's just got the shit polished out of it...thing must be so fast with all
that chrome....

haha...it's prolly not much faster than mine...the most i could see done
to it was that it had an intake, header, and exhaust....therefore it might
have something like 155 to 160 hp...if it's running well...but that's at the crank...
more like 120 rear wheel horsepower...lol...
i doubt they would throw nitros into that car for real, and waste all the
effort put into making the motor pretty

i apologize for that statement about the gsx...i felt like an ass when i
watched the video and sat that it was a chrysler 420a motor...lol...

however, supposedly...they make a turbo kit for that motor and it's
supposed to be pretty good...brings you up to like 260hp...then again
for the money...you can get a used gst or gsx....get a exhaust, filter,
and manual boost controller and prolly come somewhere close to
that mark...and not be straining the motor much

anyway i'm done talking because apparently, as time goes on, i find
that everything i type here turns out to be bullshit...haha
Old 01-08-2002, 07:40 PM   #138
AlexB
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to AlexB
Yea I was gonna blow up on you about the eclipse engine
Old 01-08-2002, 09:11 PM   #139
Gonthrax
Skyline Guy

Send a message via AIM to Gonthrax
Re: supra with bpu kit will killlll any car on the street

Quote:
Originally posted by v8 and rice eater
a supra with a 1000 horse bpu kit will destroy any car on the street what car on the street can have that much horsepower with the combination of a light body its a winning combination that will always cmae out on top
*Chuckles* Now how in the world are you going to get that 1000 hp to the ground? Certianly not with only two drive wheels. Well, it would get there, but it wouldn't destroy any car on the street... The traction just isnt there. Hell, the supra teams in JGTC are running like 11 inch wide tires just to keep from having massive wheelspin, and those cars (In GT-500) only have around 500hp. There is a fine line in the HP/Weight area, one were you have a zippy car ie. Impreza WRX, sure it doesn't have 1000hp but its light (I'm not trying to compare the two, before any one jumps the gun and starts flaming) and on the other side you have a drift machine(Not good for drag racing). I saw a video of the Jun Supra, its in the 1000hp range, and it was lighting up the wheels every time it left a turn. To even begin to get 1000hp to the ground you would have to have 4 drive wheels, with a smart AWD system. Take a Skyline GTR, for example, ATTESSA AWD system, can transfer up to 50% torque to the front wheels, moniters lateral acceleration and wheelspin 10 times a second. Now thats what you need if you want to get 1000hp to the ground, and that would STILL have huge problems.

Quote:
has anyone here ever seen a 10-second FWD Turbo (Eclipse) get anywhere near that amount of traction, esp. without slicks? It's just rediculous.
Now I'm not sure on this, but I think in Japan one of the top 5 1/4 mile times on street tires is a Talon, I'll check and see for ya.
Member of AF's Slide Squad (Member #04)

Quote:
Originally posted by taranaki
Postcounts - Phoey....it's not how often you speak,it's whether you actually say anything that matters.

Neishlin Motors
Soon to be my best friend
Old 01-08-2002, 09:19 PM   #140
Gonthrax
Skyline Guy

I was wrong, there is an 8.83 sec Eclipse Talon from Extream Motersports here in the US, but that was on slicks.

Quote:
Postcounts - Phoey....it's not how often you speak,it's whether you actually say anything that matters.

Neishlin Motors
Old 01-08-2002, 10:46 PM   #141
DynoM@x
AF Newbie

Bow down!

j/k
I loved the movie the best street racing movie I ever saw.(and only one)

I could handle any of the except the rx-7 and supra.
My fiero is loaded with mods
v8 twinturbo & tourque restraint sys. helps in the drags
and shitload of others. I can take on but not by much my friend with his I think its an 85 turbo Rx-7 with some kinda intake shit and sweet exhaust the thing is like litterally 6 inch straight pipe.

I pushed 430fwhp not shabby for where Im from.
The only thing Ive seen up here with major balls is a fucking vette suped to shit extremely not legal. The shop by my house fixed it up the back end is like 3 feet off the ground and the fucking engine is a supercharged jag v12. He says it does a easy w/out Nitrous 8
Old 01-08-2002, 11:26 PM   #142
Gonthrax
Skyline Guy

Lol....:silly2:

Quote:

Neishlin Motors
Old 01-08-2002, 11:39 PM   #143
LjasonL
Some Guy

Send a message via AIM to LjasonL
as i have said before, it is much easier to make power than traction.

and the fastest drag car ive ever seen in real life is this guy i know built a vette mith a full fiberglass body weighing 129 lbs and its got a 540 cu. in. full aluminum block with a 1150 blower, its a crate motor making like 1200 hp, cost him $8000. runs 5s on our 1000ft track. and hes drove it on the street here like 2 or 3 times, bout a 15 min drive each time.

then there was the time i was at the track sitting at the line in my subaru and somehow i got paired up with a 60 something fiberglass bodied vette with a blower sticking out of the hood. the announcer was like "what is going on here" over the p.a. he ran a 6 i ran a 13, he beat by over half a track. it was fun
Old 01-08-2002, 11:43 PM   #144
Gonthrax
Skyline Guy

I bet that fucker was quick!! Know any of his times?
If you like supras you should check out that video of the Jun Supra drifting, I forgot were I got it but I'll try and find it agian. Me, I'm a skyline guy, but that Supra was bad.

As far as the traction thing, if only we didn't have to worry about traction, that would make everything so much easier

Quote:

Neishlin Motors
Old 01-09-2002, 10:11 AM   #145
sonicboom
AF Newbie

Talking truth

To clear up a few things, nitrous does burn green and purple. I checked with my buddy who is a full time firefighter, and had him watch the movie.
The supra is not a 700 horse car, it is owned by the president of the nira, it has the single turbo conversion and puts about 540 to the ground,( but that aint no slouch either )
And finally the charger, while the wheelie is a bit much, it is realistic that it was in the 900 horse range, this is machine shop experiance talking.
The last blown hemi i was involved in ran only 25 pounds of boost and put 1380 horses to the ground, but any hemi in good condition with a blower can easily put out 8- 900 horses.
Old 01-09-2002, 10:51 AM   #146
377s10
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to 377s10 Send a message via Yahoo to 377s10

Last edited by 377s10; 01-09-2002 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-09-2002, 10:57 AM   #147
377s10
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Polygon

people don't buy a Viper for it's wonderful gas mileage. You think the Z06 gets fantastic mileage? Prove me wrong.
actually the z06 has great gas milage 19/28 city/highway
the vipers v10 is crap, 8.0l and what for horsepower??
the z06 has 405hp at the rear wheels
Old 01-09-2002, 11:29 AM   #148
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Re: supra with bpu kit will killlll any car on the street

Quote:
Originally posted by v8 and rice eater
A Supra with a 1000 horse bpu kit will destroy any car on the street. What car on the street can have that much horsepower with the combination of a light body? Its a winning combination that will always come out on top.
A while back I posted a kill. It wasn't me doing the killin though. I got ripped a new one by a silver Dodge Challenger with a twin supercharged 528ci Hemi. From the way he left me behind I would say that he would kill a 1000HP Supra without a problem. The question is, was his car street legal? Who knows, it was licenced to me thats all that counts.
Old 01-09-2002, 11:35 AM   #149
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Quote:
Originally posted by 377s10

Actually the Z06 has great gas milage 19/28 city/highway.
The Viper's V10 is crap, 8.0L and what for horsepower??
The Z06 has 405hp at the rear wheels.
Well, ignorance strikes back. The V10 is much more capable than the street versions that Dodge has released. The V10 has been known to push out around 750HP. That is all without any type of forced induction. The V10 is a very well built engine. You can make any Viper eat a Z06 for breakfast. The two engines are not comparable; the Z06 doesn't have a chance.
Old 01-09-2002, 11:40 AM   #150
377s10
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Polygon

Well, ignorance strikes back. The V10 is much more capable than the street versions that Dodge has released. The V10 has been known to push out around 750HP. That is all without any type of forced induction. The V10 is a very well built engine. You can make any Viper eat a Z06 for breakfast. The two engines are not comparable; the Z06 doesn't have a chance.
yes maybe it can produce that much n/a hp but they don't sell it with that much hp, i know of chevy motors producing 2100hp with out nitrous... 750 is possable range for a n/a smallblock chevy with a little work too