Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
jillieloza
AF Newbie

Clutch? Who knows.

Well I have a '97 200 SX that has given me more problems in the past year and a half than any car I've ever had. Most recently the car was shuddering slightly when I shifted, but I tried to ignore it as it wasn't too substantial. Then about two weeks later I was driving to class and the car was shaking violently; wouldn't accelerate past 25-30 no matter what I did, from flooring it to pumping the gas to alternating between first and second gear. It was a complete nightmare and I was afraid I wouldn't even make it to class. So having had so many car problems in the past I just drove it straight to the shop after my class, and it was driving just fine. They looked at it and said the clutch needed to be rebuilt (it's at 120,000 miles and has had 2 previous owners) so they fixed it and charged me 820 bucks.

I come back a week later and pick it up and leave, then... as I'm turning onto the highway ramp, it starts doing the EXACT SAME THING. Shaking, won't accelerate past 25, no matter what I do. I'm not an idiot, I know how to drive a clutch, and the thing would not go at all. People were diving past me on the highway trying to get around me. So I turn right back around and take it back, shop takes it for a drive and of course it's driving fine. The guy said that I had the floor mat shoved up under the pedal so it wasn't getting enough gas (even though I had it floored) and that it's a mistake anyone could make. Whatever, as long as it drives.

In the 3 or so weeks since then I still feel like something's not right with this stupid car. It shifts funny, still shudders slightly and then last week it started doing the same thing again, and I took the stupid mat out so I know that's not actually the problem. Boyfriend took it out immediately after and it drives fine. Just got to work and it was doing the same thing. I want to take it back to the shop (who's done all my previous work) but I don't even know if they'll believe me as I can't get the stupid thing to misbehave when anyone else is in the car. Sorry this is so long, but anyone have any ideas at all?
jillieloza is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX